• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Auxilliary Power Outlets Not Working

RPHagan

Charter Member
SM 2003
Finally tried the aux outlets with my radar detector, and discovered that they will not power the detector. The cig lighter outlet does work with it, just not the other 2. According to the manual, all 3 are on the same fuse so that's not the problem. The manual also says that "some" units may not work with the aux outlets. The Whistler detector has what appears to be a standard 12V plug. Could this be one that doesn't work with it or is there something else I haven't thought of/don't know about? anyone else have this problem? ???

RPH

Did you check the Aux Power fuse under the hood? I believe that drives the left two outlets, while the right one has it's own fuse.

kps said:
Did you check the Aux Power fuse under the hood? ?I believe that drives the left two outlets, while the right one ?has it's own fuse.
You're right. ?It was just a fuse. ?I made the mistake of believing the fuse chart in the manual which lists 2 fuses as servicing the "aux power outlet and cigarette lighter". ?I didn't see the 2nd one labeled "Aux Power". ?It in fact is only for the aux outlets and the other one, labeled "cigar" is only the cig lighter. ?Thanks. ;D ;D ;D

RPH

PS. The bigger question now of course is: Since I had never used the outlets prior to finding the fuse blown, why was the fuse blown?

Back