Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auxilliary Power Outlets Not Working  (Read 2231 times)

RPHagan

• Charter Member
  • STOP ME B4 I MOD AGAIN....!!!!
Auxilliary Power Outlets Not Working
« on: 04/26/02 02:29 AM »

Finally tried the aux outlets with my radar detector, and discovered that they will not power the detector.  The cig lighter outlet does work with it, just not the other 2.  According to the manual, all 3 are on the same fuse so that's not the problem.  The manual also says that "some" units may not work with the aux outlets.  The Whistler detector has what appears to be a standard 12V plug.  Could this be one that doesn't work with it or is there something else I haven't thought of/don't know about?  anyone else have this problem? ???

RPH
'02 1500 Z71, loaded, wood trim kit, wood st. wheel, Escalade cluster, GM guard, billet fuel door, molded mud flaps,Silverstars, hi/lo lights, fog lite auto-on, Vortex exhaust, TBS, K&N, FIPK, AR Pythons, Hypertech PP3, JBA headers, Direct Hitz ignition.

kps

• Charter Member
  • 2002 Blue -- no, wait, now it's a 05 Sport Red!
« Reply #1 on: 04/26/02 02:57 AM »

Did you check the Aux Power fuse under the hood?  I believe that drives the left two outlets, while the right one  has it's own fuse.
Just because I drive a truck, that does not mean I will help you move!

RPHagan

• Charter Member
  • STOP ME B4 I MOD AGAIN....!!!!
« Reply #2 on: 04/26/02 06:00 AM »

Did you check the Aux Power fuse under the hood?  I believe that drives the left two outlets, while the right one  has it's own fuse.

You're right.  It was just a fuse.  I made the mistake of believing the fuse chart in the manual which lists 2 fuses as servicing the "aux power outlet and cigarette lighter".  I didn't see the 2nd one labeled "Aux Power".  It in fact is only for the aux outlets and the other one, labeled "cigar" is only the cig lighter.  Thanks. ;D ;D ;D

RPH

PS.  The bigger question now of course is: Since I had never used the outlets prior to finding the fuse blown, why was the fuse blown?
« Last Edit: 04/26/02 06:04 AM by RPHagan »
'02 1500 Z71, loaded, wood trim kit, wood st. wheel, Escalade cluster, GM guard, billet fuel door, molded mud flaps,Silverstars, hi/lo lights, fog lite auto-on, Vortex exhaust, TBS, K&N, FIPK, AR Pythons, Hypertech PP3, JBA headers, Direct Hitz ignition.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.