• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Problems problems problems!

gurltruck

Ok I've had my AV for 11 months, since then.....this is what I have had to have fixed....
1. Tailgate comes un lached
2. Heated mirrors won't work
3. Rear view mirror compass/temp/dimm works sometimes.
4. Front brake ABS (just got recall info? from Chevy, but already had fixed)
5. U Joint replaced
6. Some kind of steering rod (don't have the paper in front of me, I'm a girl so I don't know the techno stuff).
7. AC/Heat Controll does not work on 1 or 2.
8. Consoll won't open unless forced.
? ? NOW IT'S IN THE SHOP AGAIN? ?and they just call telling me this......
9.? Rear differential needs replaced or worked on.
10. Something else in the Transmission is wrong...transfer case.....

I'm at my wits end with this...I have 4 more years of payments and am afraid of what will break next.
I love love love my Avalanche but, did I get a dud or what????? Very discouraging!? :needhug:

Movement of this post is accepted! LOL

What year is your baby?  Did you buy it new or used?

#1 can be resolved by slamming the tailgate a little harder.  It's a tight fit.

most of those are well documented problems...but man, never all on 1 truck...good luck and I hope you dealer takes care of you.

abuelito: lIKE yOU kNoW She is probably driving it ???

So far on my 02 I have had.
1. dealer fix no charge
2. Yea I think its broken (not working bout it)
4. dealer fix no charge

Good luck :wave:

The truck is an 02...got it used
Lemon law....I need to look into that.....I dont even take it to the dealership anymore because they missed a few other little problems...so I changed dealers.
The stuff was covered by an extra 2500 warantee I bought but that runs out inbout  10,000 more miles.

Ok I'm out to check out the Lemon Law thing...thanks!

Can you even make a claim on the lemon law if you're not the original owner?  From the sound of it, I appears it was driven hard.

O! And I forgot...the Catalytic Converter needed replaced a few months ago too (how could have I forgot?)......The lemon law looks kinda complicated...but I'm going to give it a try...it says you have to report it before 18,000 miles, I think I'm JUST under that.....I will see where I get with it...Thanks again!

Catalytic convertor is covered on emissions warranty thingy...and should be covered out to 80,000 miles

THAT must be why I got a rental car on that one....they said it was warranee so I got a rental reimbursement....but...it still is the fact that it BROKE!  (sigh)....the Lemon Law specifics are very complicated looking....I guess I'll call a (gulp) lawyer...I'll tell them up front that I just want a quick answer, because I have no money seeings that I have spent it all on my TRUCK! LOL :laugh:

Sorry to hear about the problems on your AVA, I wonder what a car fax would turn up on it, anyway good thing you do have the warranty for now, I also wonder if that is why it is at a dealer in the first place????

Good luck

The AVA is really a wonderful machine.

Sam

sorry to hear of your misfortune....I know a lot of people with them that are totally happy.  The vehicle could have been a reconstruction which could explain some of the ailments.

Sux that all of that is happening to you and your Av.  (knocking on wood) My Av has had one repair by the dealer since I've had it (u joint). I've put about 50K mikes on it in just a lil over a year.
good luck with it, well, better luck.

B

I bought it from a dealer with 49,000 it now has 63,000, so it's been driven just under15 in the past year.  The thing is, I don't beat on her...just drive her nice and easy (she's just for show! ).....

gurltruck,
Well I'm aware of the rearend issues as I have had to rebuild about half of my fleets rearends and have finally gotten the about squared away.
I am yet to have a transfer case problem. although I have had transmissions replaced in about half of them. Right now I am fighting with one that has continual issues in shifting and just kinda does it's own thing! Yes it is irking me off! When I get it figured out I'll let you know.
I'm yet to have a u joint fail (knock on wood) as I have not replaced a single one!
Please let me know if you find any solutions to your headaches and good luck!

COMBAT AVALANCHE!!! LOOKIT THIS GUY! He's got a freekin FLEET of Av's ofer in the middle east decked out with rumble seats and machine guns in the back!! I LOVE IT....I WANT ONE!!

hehehe

Back