Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Do You Have In Your Side Compartments?  (Read 101294 times)

Matts_U.A.V.

• Charter Member
    • offwest.com
What Do You Have In Your Side Compartments?
« on: 02/24/02 08:54 AM »

I was just wandering what everyone puts in those handy rear side compartments????

I have a slim-jm kit and hitch accessories in oneside and the other side is filled with MOTHERS wax and cleaning supplies.
The World Famous.......Urban Adventure Vehicle

(The Avalanche that started the Avalanche)
-Cover and Feature story March issue of FOUR WHEELER Magazine.
-Captioned on cover of March issue of OFF ROAD Magazine,Picture inside.
-Feature story June issue of DAYTONA Magazine.
-American Racing Wheel Advertisements
-Snugtop Advertisements
-Coverking Custom Cover Kit Truck

( too many mods to list)
http://www.offwest.com

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
Re: What Do You Have In Your Side Compartments?
« Reply #1 on: 02/25/02 12:38 AM »

There was another thread with a bunch of answers.
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

NJAV

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 02/25/02 05:38 AM »

Believe it or not, those suckers are still empty! You never know when you might need a cooler!!

KeninPa

• Charter Member
  • Let's Roll
« Reply #3 on: 03/16/02 01:47 AM »

Side with jack (locked) - all emergency stuff (jumper cables, flairs, outlet tire pump, straps, chains (for pulling out Jeeps  :'( when off-roading, ... etc).   Compartment still has additional room.

Other side has extra clothes and boots - for winter.  Will be changing to Summer Stuff (golf shoes, sneakers, fold up-cooler ...)

:P WHO NEEDS A CAR's TRUNK  :P
1500 Pewter Z-71 Sunroof, Convenience Package, Buckets, Running Board, Sun Shields, Crome Painted Grille and AV Logos, Flag Tie & Tail, Billet Fuel Door, SilverStars, Amber DRL, UPD/K&N AirFlow, Wood Dash,

dustman

« Reply #4 on: 03/16/02 11:05 AM »

Passenger side:  tow rope, trailer hitch, foul weather suit, 100' Lufkin fiberglass tape measure, windbreaker, briar chaps, GM tire changing kit, jumper cables, tie down straps and an electric air pump.

Driver side:  snake boots, binoculars, flashlight and orange vest.

4_by_Fun

« Reply #5 on: 03/18/02 07:47 AM »

Recovery Strap, small army type shovel/pick combo, a couple knives, receiver with different convert-a-balls, emergency light, duck tape, rags and bug remover(I live in S Louisiana), tire chains, rubber boots and bungie straps. And if you don't leak this info out, I hiding Jimmy Hoffa in there also.

jamie

• Charter Member
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #6 on: 03/18/02 08:07 AM »

Left Side: 2 wool blankets, Sorrells, gloves, bunny hat and original bowtie emblem.
Right Side: Hitch with 1.75, 2, 2.25 balls, two tow straps another hat and set of gloves plus GM stuff.

FYI: for you non-military types, a bunny hat is the hat similar to what Randy Quaid wears in Christmas Vacation - ideal for when you get stranded somewhere cold.

timcosco

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: 03/18/02 08:34 AM »

...ideal for when you get stranded somewhere cold.

Or, when the  s h i t t e r ' s  full.
« Last Edit: 03/18/02 08:35 AM by timcosco »
2002 - Z71

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #8 on: 03/19/02 12:59 AM »

Believe it or not, last night I shoved an entire full-length golfer's size umbrella into one of the side compartments.  I could not believe it swallowed the whole umbrella and asked for more! ;D
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

ratthedd

« Reply #9 on: 03/19/02 01:16 AM »

Believe it or not, last night I shoved an entire full-length golfer's size umbrella into one of the side compartments.  I could not believe it swallowed the whole umbrella and asked for more! ;D

What else would you expect from a Sport Luxury Utility Truck?

I've got a flashlight, tow rope, and tire iron in the passenger side.  The driver's side is currently empty and waiting for warm weather so it can prove to me how many cans and how much ice will fit. ;)  It's going to come in real handy this summer when we take the kids out west to see Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone.

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #10 on: 03/19/02 07:53 AM »

Does anybody know if the compartments will keep cold for any length of time?  How fast will the ice melt?  And what happens if you try to drive around with melting ice in the compartment?
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

dgbryant

• Charter Member
  • Never had a truck this sweet!
« Reply #11 on: 03/19/02 08:09 AM »

Does anybody know if the compartments will keep cold for any length of time?  How fast will the ice melt?  And what happens if you try to drive around with melting ice in the compartment?

The compartments are not insulated like an Igloo cooler, and there is access to outside air from the drain in the bottom.  When the ice melts it will just drain out below the truck.
In the summertime, that black truck of yours will most likely enhance the hypothermic decay process of your frozen H20.  Park in the shade and consume beverages quickly. ;D ;D ;D

helmet
2002 1500 Pewter Z71, 4.10, Graphite Leather, Convenience Package, Assist Steps, Gibson catback, K&N, Poweraid, Direct Hits, KC Rear Facing Lights, Nokia Car Kit, NMO mount dual band antenna, dual battery, 1750 watt inverter
Permanent stowed cargo: Rod and Reel (you just never know)

kps

• Charter Member
  • 2002 Blue -- no, wait, now it's a 05 Sport Red!
« Reply #12 on: 03/19/02 09:01 AM »

Took ours camping week before last, loaded the left hand side up with drinks, right hand side with, um, stuff.  Drinks stayed cold all weekend.

Of course, it was 19 degrees outside when we got up.....
Just because I drive a truck, that does not mean I will help you move!

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #13 on: 03/19/02 11:00 PM »

I was seriously thinking of using the side compartment as a cooler when we go camping.  Then I don't have to bring a big bulky cooler on the trip.  Of course, one of the reasons I bought the Av was because of all the room in the bed to place a big bulky cooler that wouldn't fit in our minivan.

Oh - so many Av options and so many decisions!!!  Life is rough.......

SoCalCindy

• Charter Member
  • Can't Get Enough!
    • SoCalAvalanche.com
« Reply #14 on: 03/20/02 02:22 PM »

Passenger side = cleaning & drying cloths.
Drivers side = car duster for quick clean ups.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK!

NOW ~ 06 DBM, 6" Bulletproof Lift, 35" Baja Claws, 17" Weld Racing Dunes,  Precision Grill, CubbyCam, BedSlide, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Outlaw CAI, Dual Batteries, AVIC-Z3, DVD & Headrest LCDs, KC Hilites, Yakima Rack, 4.56 Gears, Superchips, Goodmark Cowl Hood...

PAST ~ 2002 IBM ~ Painted Cladding ~ 18" Helo Slides & much more!

60+ GTG's and counting...

Powersurge

• Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: 03/21/02 04:25 AM »

Generally I keep my AV cleaning stuff in the one compartment and an ice scraper in the other. I went to the beach with a few  friends a few weeks ago when it was nice and I filled up the one compartment with a case of beer and poured Ice on top. Words can not explain how cool that was. I didn't eve have to empty the water when the ice melted. GM Rocks!!!!

2002 Z71 For. Green Metallic - Loaded
Many, Many, Many Mods!! Check my Gallery to see them.
My Mods!!
I love the Girls and the Money and the Shame of Life

Z71andenSOM

« Reply #16 on: 08/28/02 11:27 AM »

my daughter put her kitten in the side compartment, I noticed it several days later :( actually I smelled it several days later. The Avy was parked outside in 95 degree weather behind my doublewide while we were on vacation in Branson Missouri. Those dang kids....

jnspur

• CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member
    • jnspur's AV
« Reply #17 on: 08/28/02 01:48 PM »

my daughter put her kitten in the side compartment, I noticed it several days later :( actually I smelled it several days later. The Avy was parked outside in 95 degree weather behind my doublewide while we were on vacation in Branson Missouri. Those dang kids....

Yuck! :D: Poor kitty! :'(

NJAV

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 08/28/02 02:03 PM »

I thought cats had nine lives?....Sorry to hear about that, nonetheless I put a bag of ice for the drinks I stuffed in there and they stayed cool for a nice period of time while we were at the beach...it definitely stayed cold... :B:

#1AVY

« Reply #19 on: 08/28/02 02:08 PM »

ahhh poor cat, for me.......

Weekend=GOOD DRINKS! :4:

Weekday=just normal drinks  :-\

BlackAv2002

« Reply #20 on: 09/01/02 07:38 PM »

i leave the side witht he jack in it for storage     the opposite compartment I leave incase I Wanna use it for a cooler  8)

sunruh

« Reply #21 on: 09/01/02 10:37 PM »

With a black AV in dusty KS, I have one of those car dusters in my side compartment and a couple of cotton towels....next to my golf shoes.  The duster gets a workout...  the golf shoes have been neglected a little since the AV arrived as is getting so much attention.

got_change

« Reply #22 on: 09/05/02 12:31 PM »

WHAT I HAVE IN MY SIDE COMPARTMENT WAS ABOUT THREE MONTHS OF EVERYDAY STUFF.. THE RIGHT ONE IS THE COOLER SPOTLESS,  THE LEFT ONE......DAYAAMNN...... THE BEST PART ABOUT STRIPPING IT CLEAN TO WASH IT WAS...... i FOUND MY OLD WRIST ROCKET SLINGSHOT   LIKE AN AVR WOULD SAY....YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED A SLINGSHOT... 3 NASTY ROLLS OF BLASK ELECTRICAL TAPE, 1 BOAT 5# FIRE,EXTINGUISHER, 6 OR 8  "TERRY CLOTH TOWELS , ALMOST NEW, BUT FILTHY FROM RIDING IN THE BOX, I "INSANT SHINE" BOTTLE AND A CLAR BAR STUCK TO THE INSIDE OF A ZIP LOCK BAGGIE. 1 LARGE PADLOCK, AND A COIL CABLE,...A BRAND NEW NEVER USED AND NOT STOLEN WINDSHIELD BUG SCRAPER AND SQUEEGE,,, A FOOT OF A FOUR BY FOUR(WHEEL CHOCK AT BOAT RAMP) 2 FLAT FOUR TRAILER WIRE WIRE EXTENDERS 48IN.. 2 MOTORCYCLE RATCHET STRAPS. 15 NYLON 3/8 DOCK LINE A REVERSABLE, BLUE AND GREEN "WELDERS" CAP A REAL BIG CRAFTSMAN FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER A TIRE GAUGE!!!!!IS IT A MOD!!!!!!i CLIP THE TIRE GAUGE TO THE BAG...   THOSE 27 THINGS ARE WHAT I PULLED OUT SUNDAY... YOU KNOW WHAT THERE WAS A LOT OF ROOM LEFT............................................. ............................................i GOT THE IDEA TO PUT A SHOVEL IN THERE, ITS TOO LONG BUT I BET A SHORT ONE WOULD GO IN. THE FURTHEST IN WALL  STOPS IT LIKE IM GONNA STOP TELLING WHATS IN MY LR STORAGE BOX

Razorback

« Reply #23 on: 09/05/02 03:05 PM »

I am proud to say I signed for my AV yesterday and have already found this forum to be a very good way to spend my spare (and not so spare) time.

I have noticed that anytime the words " I wish it could ..." are mentioned, a mod quickly appears to make it so.  

Is there anyway these side bars could be insulated to ensure cold beverages stay cold in the Texas heat?

TexAVfan

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: 09/05/02 04:19 PM »

I keep one side for a cooler and all my cleaning supplies in the other. NOTE: gm makes a cool cleaning kit comes in a zipper canvas bag, looks cool and has decent supplies for those times your away from home and want to touch up.
:A: :B:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 23 queries.