Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Do You Have In Your Side Compartments?  (Read 101330 times)

Matts_U.A.V.

• Charter Member
    • offwest.com
What Do You Have In Your Side Compartments?
« on: 02/24/02 08:54 AM »

I was just wandering what everyone puts in those handy rear side compartments????

I have a slim-jm kit and hitch accessories in oneside and the other side is filled with MOTHERS wax and cleaning supplies.
The World Famous.......Urban Adventure Vehicle

(The Avalanche that started the Avalanche)
-Cover and Feature story March issue of FOUR WHEELER Magazine.
-Captioned on cover of March issue of OFF ROAD Magazine,Picture inside.
-Feature story June issue of DAYTONA Magazine.
-American Racing Wheel Advertisements
-Snugtop Advertisements
-Coverking Custom Cover Kit Truck

( too many mods to list)
http://www.offwest.com

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
Re: What Do You Have In Your Side Compartments?
« Reply #1 on: 02/25/02 12:38 AM »

There was another thread with a bunch of answers.
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

NJAV

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 02/25/02 05:38 AM »

Believe it or not, those suckers are still empty! You never know when you might need a cooler!!

KeninPa

• Charter Member
  • Let's Roll
« Reply #3 on: 03/16/02 01:47 AM »

Side with jack (locked) - all emergency stuff (jumper cables, flairs, outlet tire pump, straps, chains (for pulling out Jeeps  :'( when off-roading, ... etc).   Compartment still has additional room.

Other side has extra clothes and boots - for winter.  Will be changing to Summer Stuff (golf shoes, sneakers, fold up-cooler ...)

:P WHO NEEDS A CAR's TRUNK  :P
1500 Pewter Z-71 Sunroof, Convenience Package, Buckets, Running Board, Sun Shields, Crome Painted Grille and AV Logos, Flag Tie & Tail, Billet Fuel Door, SilverStars, Amber DRL, UPD/K&N AirFlow, Wood Dash,

dustman

« Reply #4 on: 03/16/02 11:05 AM »

Passenger side:  tow rope, trailer hitch, foul weather suit, 100' Lufkin fiberglass tape measure, windbreaker, briar chaps, GM tire changing kit, jumper cables, tie down straps and an electric air pump.

Driver side:  snake boots, binoculars, flashlight and orange vest.

4_by_Fun

« Reply #5 on: 03/18/02 07:47 AM »

Recovery Strap, small army type shovel/pick combo, a couple knives, receiver with different convert-a-balls, emergency light, duck tape, rags and bug remover(I live in S Louisiana), tire chains, rubber boots and bungie straps. And if you don't leak this info out, I hiding Jimmy Hoffa in there also.

jamie

• Charter Member
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #6 on: 03/18/02 08:07 AM »

Left Side: 2 wool blankets, Sorrells, gloves, bunny hat and original bowtie emblem.
Right Side: Hitch with 1.75, 2, 2.25 balls, two tow straps another hat and set of gloves plus GM stuff.

FYI: for you non-military types, a bunny hat is the hat similar to what Randy Quaid wears in Christmas Vacation - ideal for when you get stranded somewhere cold.

timcosco

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: 03/18/02 08:34 AM »

...ideal for when you get stranded somewhere cold.

Or, when the  s h i t t e r ' s  full.
« Last Edit: 03/18/02 08:35 AM by timcosco »
2002 - Z71

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #8 on: 03/19/02 12:59 AM »

Believe it or not, last night I shoved an entire full-length golfer's size umbrella into one of the side compartments.  I could not believe it swallowed the whole umbrella and asked for more! ;D
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

ratthedd

« Reply #9 on: 03/19/02 01:16 AM »

Believe it or not, last night I shoved an entire full-length golfer's size umbrella into one of the side compartments.  I could not believe it swallowed the whole umbrella and asked for more! ;D

What else would you expect from a Sport Luxury Utility Truck?

I've got a flashlight, tow rope, and tire iron in the passenger side.  The driver's side is currently empty and waiting for warm weather so it can prove to me how many cans and how much ice will fit. ;)  It's going to come in real handy this summer when we take the kids out west to see Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone.

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #10 on: 03/19/02 07:53 AM »

Does anybody know if the compartments will keep cold for any length of time?  How fast will the ice melt?  And what happens if you try to drive around with melting ice in the compartment?
2002 Black Onyx 1500 Z-71, assist steps, roof rack, WOL tires, visor decals, amber DRLs, gold painted cladding lettering, gold Avalanche C-pillar decals, Avalanche mountain Z-71 logo, mounted mag-lite, side mirror bras, hitch mounted back-up light (destroyed when rear-ended), stainless steel exhaust tip

dgbryant

• Charter Member
  • Never had a truck this sweet!
« Reply #11 on: 03/19/02 08:09 AM »

Does anybody know if the compartments will keep cold for any length of time?  How fast will the ice melt?  And what happens if you try to drive around with melting ice in the compartment?

The compartments are not insulated like an Igloo cooler, and there is access to outside air from the drain in the bottom.  When the ice melts it will just drain out below the truck.
In the summertime, that black truck of yours will most likely enhance the hypothermic decay process of your frozen H20.  Park in the shade and consume beverages quickly. ;D ;D ;D

helmet
2002 1500 Pewter Z71, 4.10, Graphite Leather, Convenience Package, Assist Steps, Gibson catback, K&N, Poweraid, Direct Hits, KC Rear Facing Lights, Nokia Car Kit, NMO mount dual band antenna, dual battery, 1750 watt inverter
Permanent stowed cargo: Rod and Reel (you just never know)

kps

• Charter Member
  • 2002 Blue -- no, wait, now it's a 05 Sport Red!
« Reply #12 on: 03/19/02 09:01 AM »

Took ours camping week before last, loaded the left hand side up with drinks, right hand side with, um, stuff.  Drinks stayed cold all weekend.

Of course, it was 19 degrees outside when we got up.....
Just because I drive a truck, that does not mean I will help you move!

midlifecrisis

• Charter Member
    • AutoRacing1
« Reply #13 on: 03/19/02 11:00 PM »

I was seriously thinking of using the side compartment as a cooler when we go camping.  Then I don't have to bring a big bulky cooler on the trip.  Of course, one of the reasons I bought the Av was because of all the room in the bed to place a big bulky cooler that wouldn't fit in our minivan.

Oh - so many Av options and so many decisions!!!  Life is rough.......

SoCalCindy

• Charter Member
  • Can't Get Enough!
    • SoCalAvalanche.com
« Reply #14 on: 03/20/02 02:22 PM »

Passenger side = cleaning & drying cloths.
Drivers side = car duster for quick clean ups.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK!

NOW ~ 06 DBM, 6" Bulletproof Lift, 35" Baja Claws, 17" Weld Racing Dunes,  Precision Grill, CubbyCam, BedSlide, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Outlaw CAI, Dual Batteries, AVIC-Z3, DVD & Headrest LCDs, KC Hilites, Yakima Rack, 4.56 Gears, Superchips, Goodmark Cowl Hood...

PAST ~ 2002 IBM ~ Painted Cladding ~ 18" Helo Slides & much more!

60+ GTG's and counting...

Powersurge

• Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: 03/21/02 04:25 AM »

Generally I keep my AV cleaning stuff in the one compartment and an ice scraper in the other. I went to the beach with a few  friends a few weeks ago when it was nice and I filled up the one compartment with a case of beer and poured Ice on top. Words can not explain how cool that was. I didn't eve have to empty the water when the ice melted. GM Rocks!!!!

2002 Z71 For. Green Metallic - Loaded
Many, Many, Many Mods!! Check my Gallery to see them.
My Mods!!
I love the Girls and the Money and the Shame of Life

Z71andenSOM

« Reply #16 on: 08/28/02 11:27 AM »

my daughter put her kitten in the side compartment, I noticed it several days later :( actually I smelled it several days later. The Avy was parked outside in 95 degree weather behind my doublewide while we were on vacation in Branson Missouri. Those dang kids....

jnspur

• CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member
    • jnspur's AV
« Reply #17 on: 08/28/02 01:48 PM »

my daughter put her kitten in the side compartment, I noticed it several days later :( actually I smelled it several days later. The Avy was parked outside in 95 degree weather behind my doublewide while we were on vacation in Branson Missouri. Those dang kids....

Yuck! :D: Poor kitty! :'(

NJAV

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 08/28/02 02:03 PM »

I thought cats had nine lives?....Sorry to hear about that, nonetheless I put a bag of ice for the drinks I stuffed in there and they stayed cool for a nice period of time while we were at the beach...it definitely stayed cold... :B:

#1AVY

« Reply #19 on: 08/28/02 02:08 PM »

ahhh poor cat, for me.......

Weekend=GOOD DRINKS! :4:

Weekday=just normal drinks  :-\

BlackAv2002

« Reply #20 on: 09/01/02 07:38 PM »

i leave the side witht he jack in it for storage     the opposite compartment I leave incase I Wanna use it for a cooler  8)

sunruh

« Reply #21 on: 09/01/02 10:37 PM »

With a black AV in dusty KS, I have one of those car dusters in my side compartment and a couple of cotton towels....next to my golf shoes.  The duster gets a workout...  the golf shoes have been neglected a little since the AV arrived as is getting so much attention.

got_change

« Reply #22 on: 09/05/02 12:31 PM »

WHAT I HAVE IN MY SIDE COMPARTMENT WAS ABOUT THREE MONTHS OF EVERYDAY STUFF.. THE RIGHT ONE IS THE COOLER SPOTLESS,  THE LEFT ONE......DAYAAMNN...... THE BEST PART ABOUT STRIPPING IT CLEAN TO WASH IT WAS...... i FOUND MY OLD WRIST ROCKET SLINGSHOT   LIKE AN AVR WOULD SAY....YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED A SLINGSHOT... 3 NASTY ROLLS OF BLASK ELECTRICAL TAPE, 1 BOAT 5# FIRE,EXTINGUISHER, 6 OR 8  "TERRY CLOTH TOWELS , ALMOST NEW, BUT FILTHY FROM RIDING IN THE BOX, I "INSANT SHINE" BOTTLE AND A CLAR BAR STUCK TO THE INSIDE OF A ZIP LOCK BAGGIE. 1 LARGE PADLOCK, AND A COIL CABLE,...A BRAND NEW NEVER USED AND NOT STOLEN WINDSHIELD BUG SCRAPER AND SQUEEGE,,, A FOOT OF A FOUR BY FOUR(WHEEL CHOCK AT BOAT RAMP) 2 FLAT FOUR TRAILER WIRE WIRE EXTENDERS 48IN.. 2 MOTORCYCLE RATCHET STRAPS. 15 NYLON 3/8 DOCK LINE A REVERSABLE, BLUE AND GREEN "WELDERS" CAP A REAL BIG CRAFTSMAN FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER A TIRE GAUGE!!!!!IS IT A MOD!!!!!!i CLIP THE TIRE GAUGE TO THE BAG...   THOSE 27 THINGS ARE WHAT I PULLED OUT SUNDAY... YOU KNOW WHAT THERE WAS A LOT OF ROOM LEFT............................................. ............................................i GOT THE IDEA TO PUT A SHOVEL IN THERE, ITS TOO LONG BUT I BET A SHORT ONE WOULD GO IN. THE FURTHEST IN WALL  STOPS IT LIKE IM GONNA STOP TELLING WHATS IN MY LR STORAGE BOX

Razorback

« Reply #23 on: 09/05/02 03:05 PM »

I am proud to say I signed for my AV yesterday and have already found this forum to be a very good way to spend my spare (and not so spare) time.

I have noticed that anytime the words " I wish it could ..." are mentioned, a mod quickly appears to make it so.  

Is there anyway these side bars could be insulated to ensure cold beverages stay cold in the Texas heat?

TexAVfan

• CAFCNA 2005 Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: 09/05/02 04:19 PM »

I keep one side for a cooler and all my cleaning supplies in the other. NOTE: gm makes a cool cleaning kit comes in a zipper canvas bag, looks cool and has decent supplies for those times your away from home and want to touch up.
:A: :B:

Dj_Genesis

« Reply #25 on: 09/05/02 04:26 PM »

Lets see, on one side, i have an army blanket, 2 towels, bathing suit, pool stick, and ponchos.  On the other side, flashlight, trailer stuff, 100' of rope, and space for beer.

Steelheadchaser

• Administrator
  • Forethought is better than afterthought
« Reply #26 on: 09/07/02 04:14 AM »

Recovery straps, tree strap, turnbuckles, snatch block, flares, assorted hand tools, jumpers and a whole lot of very fine dust!  
 Thank you Supporting and Premium Supporting Members, You are the ones that keep the lights on here!

PUNISHER

« Reply #27 on: 09/07/02 04:07 PM »

i keep my trailering accessories, tie down straps, and those seat covers & floor mats they use at the dealership service department in the driver side compartment.  on the other side i have shop towels, nitrile rubber gloves, heavy duty wet wipes, and a pair of 36" bolt cutters ( wife had my Av and got locked in a fenced in storage building: luckily she was small enough to squeeze through the gate to give me a call). :B:
« Last Edit: 08/30/03 12:42 PM by 02-Z66 »
AVALANCHE PICS
-traded 02 Z-66 for an 04 DBM Z-71
-traded 04 DBM Z-71 for a Lexus IS250
GTG's-DE, VA, TX, GA, MD, SC

got_change

« Reply #28 on: 09/08/02 01:58 PM »

razorback,  sports authority sells "crush coolers, the are like a duffel bag with a zipper, and will fit in boxes...will keep em cold for two days!!!

Razorback

« Reply #29 on: 09/08/02 02:39 PM »

Thanks for the info got_change.  I looked at their web site and did not see anything that fits the bill.  Is there a particular brand, size, or model number to look for?

Any thoughts on a modification to insulate the around the bin?  There are drainage and "water management" issues to consider, but I might look into the feasibility of shooting some expanable foam in there.

Ambalanche

• I love my 5th Ambalanche!
« Reply #30 on: 09/08/02 04:55 PM »

Nothing, they come in handy for wet things when I go to the beach, or for my Lab's toys when I've been throwing them in the water for her. Drain holes are fantastic! :B:
My Fith AV!
'07 Chevy Avalanche Black Z71
LT3, Z71Pkg, Nav,Bose, Backup Camera, Roof, Rear Entertainment, Rack & Bars, Black w/Ebony-Light Titanium interior.
I had 0ne of the first in Mobile, Al.'02 Cladded Indigo Blue Z-66. Loved the Stares I got, now I'm not as radical, but still cool! ;-)~ Just moved back to Pensacola, Fl.

capman

« Reply #31 on: 05/02/03 05:43 AM »

the backside of the light for the bed is in the compartment. does the ice affect the light when you use the compartment as a cooler?

ChevyThunder

• CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member
  • RESULTS...NOT EXCUSES!!!
« Reply #32 on: 05/02/03 05:58 AM »

I use my passenger side storage for emergency stuff..jack, cables, crago stuff(straps,chains etc..) and on the other side I carry detail stuf...however...

Last weekend on a cruise I packed it with ice and soda. I put two bags of ice and 2 twelve packs in there. The ice lasted all day. Average temp outside was about 75-80.
Drained just fine, but depending on how your AV is sittiing, there is no telling where the drip will come from.

AWESOME!!
2004 Victory Red Z71
2008 Blue Granite Metallic 3LT Z71

fsuguy

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: 05/02/03 05:59 AM »

talk about a thread that comes back from the dead. it's 8 months since the last post.

I'll add:
Tire pump, waterblade, towels, Z6, blanket, battery cables and MAG lite. Plenty of room left for beer and ice.

'78 CORVETTE

RichUF

• UNP1MPD
« Reply #34 on: 05/02/03 06:00 AM »

driver's side:  3M quick detailer, glass cleaner, synth chamois in a tube, Trimshine, ziplock bag of microfiber towels, glass towels, and assorted adjustable bungee straps.

passenger's side:  ratchet/tool set, jumper cables, maglite (brinkman actually), and, of course, standard issue tire changing stuff.

I've been waiting for so long to be able to post to this topic!  ;D ;D ;D
[sig deleted by Admin...your account is next to go]

kcfunke

« Reply #35 on: 05/02/03 11:13 AM »

I have jumper cables,tire changing stuff, tow straps, tie downs, fire extinguisher, maglite, shovel, gloves, cleaning supplies, towels, tri-ball hitch, change of clothes, spare pair of shoes and still have room for more!
03 Arrival Blue Z71; Mods: Line-X, bug deflector, weathertech visors, fire extinguisher, flashlight, rear seat headrests, painted bowtie, vinyl cladding letters, rear seat cover and pads, painted tailgate handle, and.....

avaeverafter

• Avalanche!!! What else is there???
« Reply #36 on: 05/02/03 12:59 PM »

Toilet paper, You never know. Came in handy in the past. Folding shovel,Tow straps and battery jumper.
« Last Edit: 05/02/03 01:00 PM by avaeverafter »

Jester

« Reply #37 on: 05/02/03 01:36 PM »

Hmmm...2 cans of tire sealant, fire extinguisher, MaGuire's detail products, tire dressing, tiedown straps, first aid kit, coveralls - hey, you never know when you have to stop and help someone fix their Ford!    
2002 2WD Avalanche, ZQ1 suspension, bucket seats, running boards.  Mods include K&N FIPK, Niche Shok 18" wheels, Xenon headlamps, re-programmed ECU.

avking

• Say Hello to Moose!
« Reply #38 on: 05/02/03 02:56 PM »

Drivers side: Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50AE, KABar Knife, First Aid Kit, 4CELL MAG Lite Mod, Hiking Boots

Pass Side: Tow Straps, HD Air Comp, Tire Deflator, Tire Guage, Shovel, Trailer Hitch and Ball
My New Toy:
1995 Hummer H1

My Old Ride:
2004 Summit White 2500 AV - 6" RCD Lift - 16x8 MT Classic Locks w/ 35" Baja Claws - Westin Bull Bar & Fuel Door - Rear Diamond Plate - NAV System - Sill Plates - Cargo Deck - Dual Camera Backup System - Manik Polished Step Bars & Taillight Guards - Putco Blue Flame Grille - Bed Rack w/ Yakima Basket - Rear Window Flag - Billet Bowtie - Solid Billet Flame Door Handles - Twin Headrest Monitors, PS2 & DVD

http://www.PictureTrail.com/avking or www.mycoolcabin.com

AtomTaz

« Reply #39 on: 05/03/03 08:31 AM »

Oil, washer fluid, breaker bar with extinsion and soket, fist aid kit (I read the book alread in it, it tells you how to fix a broken leg  ;D.  Anyone need my help), tie downs, rope.  tow rope.  That is all in the passengers side.

Drivers side has a Tennis Raquet, Racketball racket and some tennis balls and racket balls.  

I have but Ice in mine before and it works really good and it doesn't hurt your eletrical at all.  the only thing I would say is that you need some kind of plug for the hole cause things would stay cooler if you could leave the cold water in there. the water leaks out as it melts.

chadx

« Reply #40 on: 05/04/03 06:28 AM »

AvKing:  .50AE D.Eagle.  Now THAT would be a handy item in the side compartment!

When my Av comes, I'll probably keep the things in there that I currently keep in a container in my truck bed.  jumper cables, trailer ball hitch, tools, TP,  old overshirt and jackets to keep from getting dirty if need be, warm clothes in winter.

I didn't see in any or the responses when I skimmed them...can some of the smaller fold up lawn chairs fit in there? you know, the canvus ones with the expanding/contracting framework. some of those are pretty compact and I always carry a couple of those around.

I will be interested in hear how the 'insulating' project turns out (the one fellow that was considering foaming the outside to gain some insulating properties. I never looked from underneath. is that area accesible from under the bed or is it blocked off? good idea if you can get to it. Even a full compartement of ice won't last more than a day on a summer camping trip.

Biggie

• GOBUCKEYES
« Reply #41 on: 05/04/03 08:19 AM »

All we have in the side compartment are a tow rope   ::) to pull stupid fords out of the ditch lol. and some tools thats about it :D

Proud Member Of The BoilerMakers Local 696 Union

The Dude

• CAFCNA 2004 Supporting Member
  • GO BIG BLUE
« Reply #42 on: 05/04/03 11:15 AM »

I have a 12 pack in the box (it fits) in there most of the time. Plus bungee cords (lots), tow strap, tool kits, fire extinquisher, umbrellas, rope, emergency flashlights, gallon of water, MREs
Bose, its just plain blows!

sparky

• Put on your seatbelt, I'm gonna try sumthin'
« Reply #43 on: 05/04/03 02:16 PM »

chadx, I have not put one in, but I am sure that the ones that come in the canvass bag will fit. I put a snow scraper and a wash brush both in there and they are at least two feet long (the upper part of the box is very long)
On the passenger side is stock plus some stuff relating to the wheels.
Drivers side has snow scraper, brush, Calafornia duster, 3m wipes and several other cleaning products, and the most used item a water blade.
BUT my newest purchase was today. I have to believe that others of you have the frustration that I have when washing the AV. I take the water off with a water blade, then take towels to complete the job, and then it seems no matter what I do, if I drive the truck in the next few hours water runs out from under the mirrors, door handles and cargo lids and streaks the sides  :7: :8: Drove me NUTS. A person from this club put me onto the idea of using a leaf blower to get the water out. Sounds crazy, and the neighbors thing you've lost it  :2: but it works.
That said it was kind of a pain to dig the thing out and get an extention cord, etc. etc.  And what do you do at the carwash when you are not in your driveway ???
So I went in search for a solution. I needed power, and I needed air.
After considering several options including power converters I found a portable air pump  :o. You can charge it off 12volt or regular 110. Then I got a straight adapter piece (plastic) that is not very tappered to fit on the end of the air hose. Now when I'm done blading I can just grab this out of the side box and shoot air around all of the openings before using towels.
I am such a happy man!!
« Last Edit: 05/04/03 03:08 PM by sparky »
Sig Pic removed Exceeded file size limit of 30kb

02 blk Z71 Born 06/01 K&N Gen2, HF flow exh., drop kit, cladding paint, Cargopro, TOGs, Whipple S/C, Whip tuner, ramair hood, Stripeman Z71, 20" Epic Blitz, 22" Players, Stull grl, custom BT, JVC 12 disc cd, spoiler, sunvsr, sail window, SLP Rockers, much more..
PictureTrail Gallery

jamesf

• #4:10 H3T Slantback! #3:07 LTZ #2:05 Z71 LT #1:Z71
« Reply #44 on: 05/04/03 03:53 PM »

Crammed with with stuff...I only wish they didn't taper at the top; I've scratched myself more than once digging in there...

I've also filled one with ice a few times to amuse folks at picnics/tail gate parties.

But normally...

3 recover straps
1 tow rope
8ft of heavy chain
3 clevis hooks
2 eye hooks
2 30,000lb shackles (big)
a clevis receiver hitch thingy to pull from the back with (HiddenHitch.com)
a bag of various cotter pins
a cheap multi-tool
2 cans tire sealant/inflator
1 can of highly reflective spray paint
some epoxy
a small tarp; maybe 2...
first aid kit
road reflector & one of those fun traffic cone flash lights
a dozen or so zip lock bags for those 'extra' parts left over from a road repair
a few pairs of gloves (heavy,rubber,fabric)
hand wipes and goop (oil remover)
windshield fluid
3 or 4 small bottles of water

A lot of that is stuffed into individual clear-plastic bags or large zip locks; shortly after getting the Av I noticed that dust gets in through the drain on the bottom; a one way drain plug would have been nice; I suppose I could line it with a piece of rubber...

and on the other side.. !!!

Big thin tool kit
a bag of bungies, tie downs and ratchet straps
a 12v compressor
a kit with two fold up metal traction strips (unbelievable folded up)
and a sleve of platic glasses to toast with friends when we get someone way out there...

I keep the Maglight in the cab where you can get it quickly; I have a window breaker in the cab too but if it goes flying that nice heavy Maglight would take care of a window pretty quick; I don't see keeping it in the side compartment very handy unless you only need it for tail gate parties.

I try not to keep anything I'd need overnight when camping in there because when you put the Av's bed tent up you lose access to the side bins.

It might sound like a lot of that stuff is for off-roading; but noooo.  I drive around the city with that load; it's just a road kit for that one time someone needs it.  I have two really large rubbermaid bins full of the real offroad gear; more recovery equipment, tools, tarps, supplies and then a collection of large things like a couple of shovels (yea, two shovels...why should I be the only one digging this thing out - if your navigation was so [bleep] fantastic would we need two shovels right now?), a 4', 8000lb high-lift jack, a heavy pry bar.

A chain saw (don't think that'll fit in the side...) and a heavy duty come-a-long winch are on my wish list this summer.
« Last Edit: 05/04/03 03:55 PM by jamesf »
...jamesf

jamesf

• #4:10 H3T Slantback! #3:07 LTZ #2:05 Z71 LT #1:Z71
« Reply #45 on: 05/04/03 03:53 PM »

Crammed with with stuff...I only wish they didn't taper at the top; I've scratched myself more than once digging in there...

I've also filled one with ice a few times to amuse folks at picnics/tail gate parties.

But normally...

3 recover straps
1 tow rope
8ft of heavy chain
3 clevis hooks
2 eye hooks
2 30,000lb shackles (big)
a clevis receiver hitch thingy to pull from the back with (HiddenHitch.com)
a bag of various cotter pins
a cheap multi-tool
2 cans tire sealant/inflator
1 can of highly reflective spray paint
some epoxy
a small tarp; maybe 2...
first aid kit
road reflector & one of those fun traffic cone flash lights
a dozen or so zip lock bags for those 'extra' parts left over from a road repair
a few pairs of gloves (heavy,rubber,fabric)
hand wipes and goop (oil remover)
windshield fluid
3 or 4 small bottles of water

A lot of that is stuffed into individual clear-plastic bags or large zip locks; shortly after getting the Av I noticed that dust gets in through the drain on the bottom; a one way drain of a plug would have been nice; I suppose I could line it with a piece of rubber...

and on the other side.. !!!

Big thin tool kit
a bag of bungies, tie downs and ratchet straps
a 12v compressor
a kit with two fold up metal traction strips (unbelievable folded up)
and a sleve of platic glasses to toast with friends when we get someone way out there...

I keep the Maglight in the cab where you can get it quickly; I have a window breaker in the cab too but if it goes flying that nice heavy Maglight would take care of a window pretty quick; I don't see keeping it in the side compartment very handy unless you only need it for tail gate parties.

I try not to keep anything I'd need overnight when camping in there because when you put the Av's bed tent up you lose access to the side bins.

It might sound like a lot of that stuff is for off-roading; but noooo.  I drive around the city with that load; it's just a road kit for that one time someone needs it.  I have two really large rubbermaid bins full of the real offroad gear; more recovery equipment, tools, tarps, supplies and then a collection of large things like a couple of shovels (yea, two shovels...why should I be the only one digging this thing out - if your navigation was so [bleep] fantastic would we need two shovels right now?), a 4', 8000lb high-lift jack, a heavy pry bar.

A chain saw (don't think that'll fit in the side...) and a heavy duty come-a-long winch are on my wish list this summer.
...jamesf

paulb

• Why didn't they make this truck 20 years ago!!!!
« Reply #46 on: 05/26/03 02:59 AM »

Let's push this back up to the top. ;D

Drivers side

3 bags of tools
Roll of shop towels
Windex
Long ice and snow scraper
First aid kit
Fire extingusher
3 liters H20
(My Mag Light is mounted in the cab)

Pax side

30' jumpers
30' 3/8" chain
30' tow strap
Foul Weather gear
Boots
10' x 10' Tarp

Has anyone been able to figure out a way to fit the panel storage bag into one of the storage compartments??  Or am I just being a dope.

Not always right, but never in doubt.

PUNISHER

« Reply #47 on: 05/30/03 01:48 PM »

here's what's in my storage boxes:

- 35' tow strap
- hitch/ball/trailer wire adapter
- tie down straps
- bungee cords
- service dept floor mat & seat cover (when i am  dirty)
- bolt cutter's
- rubber gloves
- hand cleaner/rags
- Mag Lite

i like that wet weather suit idea.  i will have to put one in there. ???
AVALANCHE PICS

blackice

« Reply #48 on: 06/03/03 01:46 PM »

two 30 packs of keystone and a lot of ice.  pretty cool that the compartments have holes for the water to drain in.  Perfect for camping trips!

EarthQuake

« Reply #49 on: 06/03/03 01:51 PM »

Maglite, fire extinguisher, Lug wrench, tow straps, tie down straps, blanket, gloves, first aid kit, rain jacket
...I think there's more stuff, I'll have to inventory.

Chasman

• Charter Member
  • Grand Canyon 2006
« Reply #50 on: 05/01/02 01:07 PM »

"Finally had to use my tow strap" posting started the discussion.  

I'll check mine.  I don't remember exactly.
2008 1500 LS Blue Granite
2005 1500 Z71 Silver Birch Metallic
2002 1500 Z71 Onyx Black

jamie

• Charter Member
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #51 on: 05/01/02 01:14 PM »

Left: 2 heavy leather gloves, 2 heavy wool blankets, heavy duty jumper cables.

Right: plug for towing, convert-a-ball receiver (pretty cool - you never have to get a wrench to switch between 1-7/8", 2" or 2-1/4" balls but is still rated in the 7,000lb class, Californina Car Wash duster, tow strap, Russian-looking winter hat (hey, it gets cold here and it's warm, Air Force issue)

Jamie

HBear

• "Fear one thing only, Fear the Djinn"
« Reply #52 on: 05/01/02 01:15 PM »

Stuff Chevy gave me, recovery strap, empty sand bags, long pole ice scaper, jumper cables, tie downs, bungie cords, fix a flat, spotlight, plastic tarp.  Still enough room for some cold ones.

"Fear one thing only, Fear the Djinn" joined Feb 2002
2002 Pewter 1500 Z-71 AV, Born 08/01,Reading, Pa.
NASCAR Tony Stewart #20 Hitchcover / 2002 WC Champion
Catch-All Mats
WeatherTech Flectors,Stone & Bug Deflector
Amber DRL's
Billet Fuel Door
K&N Filter, UPD FIPK
FlowMaster 40

spork_av

• Charter Member
« Reply #53 on: 05/01/02 01:52 PM »

Just the jack stuff.  
Robert (Rob not Bob)

SOM! 1500, loaded, Z-71 w/ 4:10 ratio, UPD FIPK, Painted Lettering, Bug Guard. Flamed engine cover.  Line of Fire.  Custom Decals.  WAAG.  Wind deflectors.  Tribal graphic.  Chrome weather striping. No amber drls on Spork...  Vive la resistance! Homines libenter quod volunt credunt

Ken

« Reply #54 on: 05/01/02 01:57 PM »

What side boxes???     (just kidding)  Only had my AV for 24 hrs now and I'm still exploring.

jamie

• Charter Member
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #55 on: 05/01/02 01:59 PM »

Welcome Ken.

Let's see some pictures and let the modding begin!

Jamie

NYAVALANCHE

• Charter Member
  • Gotta love this truck
« Reply #56 on: 05/01/02 02:10 PM »

Drivers Side=Portable TV, Sony Walkman, Windshield washer fluid, Wheel Lock Key.

Pass.Side= Jumper Cables, Bungee cords, leather Wipes, First Aid Kit, Flares, Paper Towles,Tow Ropes, Flashlight.

Still plenty of room for any more junk I wont need all year. ;)
2005 !! Volant, color back up camera,Billett Grille,20"Weld Wheels,Bedslide Tray, Wrangler Dual Battery kit w/Optima yellow tops, Remote Starter, Sportwing,  etc,......

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #57 on: 05/01/02 02:12 PM »

There is another thread with the same topic and a bunch of answers.  much older thread but maybe should be added to.
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

RADAggie

« Reply #58 on: 05/01/02 02:32 PM »

Passenger Side:  Jack equipment (duh), ratchet tie-downs (the best investment for a truck ever), trailer cable, rope

Driver Side:  Keepin' it empty for icy beverages (Memorial Day, July 4th, any convenient weekend...)

Guest User

« Reply #59 on: 05/01/02 02:58 PM »

Recovery strap for pulling fords out.
;D

NJAV

• Charter Member
« Reply #60 on: 05/01/02 06:00 PM »

Just the free stuff that Chevy gave me upon purchase....will be adding some necessities very shortly though... :)

imaniguana

• Charter Member
  • I love my second Z71 Av!
« Reply #61 on: 05/01/02 06:30 PM »

Passenger Side:  Jack equipment (duh), ratchet tie-downs (the best investment for a truck ever), trailer cable, rope

Those ratchet tiedowns ARE GREAT!!!!  Mine came in handy a few times already.

03 Dark Grey Metallic, 1500 Z71, OnStar, leather seats with carcass warmers, convenience pkg., sunroof, luggage rack, steps, Bose factory sound, and GM bug deflector, amber DRLs.

AVYNUT

« Reply #62 on: 05/01/02 06:46 PM »

RIGHT:  Mexican BEER

LEFT:  ICE

;D

BigBlackAv

• Charter Member
  • BBA status: trading in...check my Garage Sale!
« Reply #63 on: 05/01/02 11:29 PM »

that's funny...
right - adj hight hitch w/ extra converta balls, rope, ti-downs, and fire est.
left - small hand tools
i love them both, but wood like some more room :'(
'07 Midnight Warrior-BAK-TAR-PCIII-V&H Big Shots-Lots of black powder coat!
'03 z71-Onyx Black-Radix with a 4L80E and 14 bolt rear end plus lots of extras!

rubbinisracin

« Reply #64 on: 05/02/02 02:01 AM »

Right Side:  Craftsman toolkit ( fits like it was made for the space ), tow strap, heavy duty jumper cables, trailer wiring  harnesses.

Left Side:  2 blankets, First Aid kit, ice scraper.  The Richmond race is this weekend, so this stuff will come out to make room for the Bud and ice.  Taking the Av to Richmond will also give me an idea of highway gas mileage.

Maverick

• Charter Member
  • Chevy Avalanche is a Can o' Corn!  I luv it!
« Reply #65 on: 05/02/02 05:38 AM »

NJAV,

Guess I missed something.  What free stuff did Chevy give you?  Are you just BS'in the rest us or am I on an island somewhere?
2002 Indiglo Blue 1500.  Graphite cloth seats. Mountain Z66 decals, Stripeman tailgate letters,  overhead DIC console, Pioneer stereo, XM, Kicker 300x4 amp, Kicker Rs6 door speakers, Kicker CVR 10 in custom box, Carriageworks billet grill, Trenz chrome bowtie.

jackalanche

• Charter Member
  • I spent my lunch money on mods!
« Reply #66 on: 05/02/02 05:58 AM »

in da boxes I have: folding shovel (amzing how you never forget lessons learned the hard way), come along winch (ditto), tow strap, reg hitch with two different sized balls, hitch with recovery hook, Ancra ratcheting tie downs, bungees, rope, jumpers, first aid kit, gloves, old memories of what I remember as beautiful high school girlfriends . . . :-*

under the back seat I have a fire extinguisher - might I suggest a must have for your own engine fire or for offering aid to another, felt helpless once, never again . . .
'02 4x4 Blue 1500, modded to the hilt [sold] / '08 Black-Black LT3-Z71, Wrangler Dual Battery kit, Pio AVIC-Z3 HU, XM, Bluetooth, 9" Viz DVD headrest players-monitors, blah blah blah [sold] / '13 White Diamond TriCoat on Black guts LTZ 4x4 fully optioned

AVYNUT

« Reply #67 on: 05/02/02 06:22 AM »

If ya got beer and ice and OnStar, what more do you REALLY need? ;D

Chasman

• Charter Member
  • Grand Canyon 2006
« Reply #68 on: 05/02/02 11:05 AM »

Well, you might need:

tow strap, tow strap hooks,tire inflator, tire pump, flares, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, folding chair, bear spray, trekking poles, guides tarp, fluorescent vest, plastic garbage bags, avalanche poles, ice axe, battery cables, bungee cords, butane backpacking stove, butane cartridge, butane backpacking lantern, 50' cord, rubber gloves, coveralls, spare running shoes, lexan shovel, tea, sugar, power bars, soup packs, backpacking pot, flask of single malt scotch...and I've still got some more room.  
2008 1500 LS Blue Granite
2005 1500 Z71 Silver Birch Metallic
2002 1500 Z71 Onyx Black

NJAV

• Charter Member
« Reply #69 on: 05/02/02 08:15 PM »

Your right I might have used the wrong terminology...I meant the tire changes kit...sorry about the confusion.. :4:

RoarinRow

• Northern California Chapter
    • Avalanche Style
« Reply #70 on: 05/03/02 03:47 AM »

Hmmm, let see. . .

Emergency kit, tools, water, barf bag for my nephews  :C:, maps, duster, tow straps, jumper cables, rope, umbrella, rain honcho in case I get a flat and don't want to get my work clothes dirty or if it's raining, shop towels, WD-40, flash light, leather gloves for those emergency stops at Home Depot.   ;D
2002 Summit White 1500 4X4 4.10, Poweraid TBS, Volant CAI, HPP3, Taylor Wires, TOC, Flowmaster 40 Series, Eibach Lowering Springs, Stillen Front Brakes, Belltech Shocks, PIAA 2100XT driving lights, Epic Gladiators with Proxes STII 285/50/20, Phantom Cluster, Pioneer Flip DVD, HID 6000k.  Click on pic.

lanman1

• Lurking.......
« Reply #71 on: 05/03/02 11:35 AM »

Right:

4 tie down straps, 2 12' tow chains, heavy duty leather gloves, and the stock tire change stuff.

Left:

Reserved for frosty adult libations.  Anyone tested the capacity, including ice? ???
2002 Forrest Green Metallic Z-71(Sold)
2003 Dark Green Metallic Z-71(Sold)
2007 Summit white Z-71(Sold)
2005 Sunset Orange Metallic WBH
2007 Gray LTZ 4x4

Ghost

• Aye, Laddie...Ya got any beer?
« Reply #72 on: 05/03/02 01:29 PM »

Let's see...in the right box I have a 12v air compressor for flats, jumper cables, 6 tiedown straps, leather gloves, roll of brown paper towels, whisk broom and the tire change stuff....

My left box is also reserved for frosty adult beverages... My capacity so far has been 24 bottles of Amstel Light plus enough ice to keep em cold till the next day...  Any more bottles than that and I don't think there would be enough ice... (Disclaimer:  I do not consume adult beverages and drive...well much anyway... Do not try this at home!)  My non-AV owner buddies absolutely love the ice chest feature as well....  Ain't life grand?

BTW, speaking of tire changing...  I had to change the RR two weeks ago while on a jaunt up to Wildwood FL from Fort Lauderdale. Picked up a durn hex-head sheet metal screw.  First time using the tire change system on the AV and it was a breeze.  Never having used the system before, it only took 25 minutes from start to everything stowed away again.  So far, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned, and I've owned a bunch, believe you me....  OK, enuff rambling...  Anyone else have to change a tire yet?  What was your experience with the system?

R.I.P Burner
1961-2008

chevylover

• Charter Member
  • Nothing to see here.....Just my Bad Ass AV!!
« Reply #73 on: 05/03/02 02:00 PM »

lanman1, I made a trip from Cali to Mo. in April.  I can say that they do hold a lot but by not being insulated the ice will change from a soild to a liquid pretty quick.  But filling it with two cases of beer and going to the ball game you should be allright.  Filling it to the top with ice and drinks, the ice should last btwn 4-6 hours on a hot day. :1:
2002 Victory Red 1500 Z-71, 4.10 fully loaded.  KN FIPK, 40 series Flowmaster, Magnaflow stainless 4" tips, Amber DRL's, PIAA 9006's, 22% Tint :B: Castro Valley, CA
http://www.PictureTrail.com/daren_james

lanman1

• Lurking.......
« Reply #74 on: 05/03/02 02:12 PM »

Thanks, I was figuring on about 60 'beverages'.  Maybe this would bea good mod.  I could take apart the left side and fill the area arount the liner with expandible foam.  There seems to be a decent drain in the bottom.  All I need to do now is figure out how to seal the back of the cargo light from the melting ice.  BTW, the cargo light seems like it would make night time beverage selection a snap.   I'll plan on testing this 4th of July.
2002 Forrest Green Metallic Z-71(Sold)
2003 Dark Green Metallic Z-71(Sold)
2007 Summit white Z-71(Sold)
2005 Sunset Orange Metallic WBH
2007 Gray LTZ 4x4

chevylover

• Charter Member
  • Nothing to see here.....Just my Bad Ass AV!!
« Reply #75 on: 05/03/02 02:28 PM »

Let me know how the expanding foam works out.  I'd like to see how to get some in there.  As for the cargo lights, I had mine packed to the gills with ice without incident.  I haven't inspected them with a microscope but they may be sealed pretty well already.  Keep me posted. :B:
2002 Victory Red 1500 Z-71, 4.10 fully loaded.  KN FIPK, 40 series Flowmaster, Magnaflow stainless 4" tips, Amber DRL's, PIAA 9006's, 22% Tint :B: Castro Valley, CA
http://www.PictureTrail.com/daren_james

Ghost

« Reply #76 on: 05/05/02 11:16 AM »

Let me know how the expanding foam works out.  I'd like to see how to get some in there.  As for the cargo lights, I had mine packed to the gills with ice without incident.  I haven't inspected them with a microscope but they may be sealed pretty well already.  Keep me posted. :B:

BTW, be CAREFUL with the expanding foam.  Too much could damage your vehicle...  You may want to use the minimal expansion foam or just some fiberglas batting (if you can figure out entry into the cavities).  Too much foam will have no where to go and it will wreak havoc.  Personally, I'll just buy more ice....If you try it tho, let us know how it works out...

R.I.P Burner
1961-2008

Imsamel

« Reply #77 on: 05/05/02 02:18 PM »

Cash box for all of the "change"!    ;D

Dunkeroo2

« Reply #78 on: 05/05/02 03:16 PM »

Jeez you guys make me feel like I am not prepared at all.  I don't have a thing in my side boxes yet.  Oh course I have only had the Av a couple of weeks.  But thanks for the recommendations

dvc

• Charter Member
  • Never Stop Exploring!!!
« Reply #79 on: 05/06/02 02:41 AM »

Oh boy,

All sorts of great ideas in those side boxes.  In the Right Side box, I have the Tire Change kit, Battery Charger(for my Tent Trailer), jummper cables, Air inflation kit, and FSR radios.

I have in the Left Box, my MTN. Bike Gear(Helmet, Gloves, SHoes, Camelback water bag), First Aid kit, shop towels, and Tools.

Now that it is summertime I plan on using the left side for non adult Beverages, sorry guys, I am a wall-flower here, I prefer soda or water, with the Occasional Beer.  On the stuff in that box will go into a container in the back.

truckman

• The Avalanche Absolutely Rocks! Ain't It Cool?
« Reply #80 on: 05/06/02 03:35 AM »

I stuffed my panel cover pouch in one side.  Once the weather stays nice, the other side is going to store something cold and wet if you know what I mean. :B:
2010  Z71 Summit White. sun roof, VentShades, Husky Liner splash guards, WeatherTech deflector, body pinstripe w/bowtie, luxury package, OEM chrome tip exhaust.  Other loves, '05 loaded Summit White Tahoe LT & '83 Z28 completly stock, bought new, 'O2 Monte Carlo SS loaded and '05 loaded Equinox LT & '02 Blazer LS 4x4.

Kronk

• Charter Member
  • More broccoli...?
« Reply #81 on: 05/06/02 05:34 AM »

2 pair insulated leather work gloves
set of 4 tie downs
assorted ropes
first aid kit
tow strap
military folding shovel
assorted rags
tire pressure gauge
2002 Indigo Blue Z71/Graphite/Leather/Sunroof/Chrome GM steps/WAAG guard/Thule rack/FT amber DRL/SilverStars/Auto fog lamp mod/Hi-Lo headlamp mod/Tinted front windows/GM Bug Deflector/Tent/EGR Vent Visors/Line of Fire/Painted Logos/PIAA 520s/Reverse Indiglo Guages/BFG AllTerrain 285/Rancho RSX/AVS Head-Tail light covers/Remote Tailgate Lock/Dual MDX radio antennas/Lighted Sail Pannel Bolts - Boston, MA

Ghost

« Reply #82 on: 05/06/02 12:05 PM »

2 pair insulated leather work gloves
set of 4 tie downs
assorted ropes
first aid kit
tow strap
military folding shovel
assorted rags
tire pressure gauge

Kronk, the first aid kit and shovel are a good idea.

R.I.P Burner
1961-2008

shockwave

« Reply #83 on: 05/25/02 09:25 AM »

Bungee chords, Air pump, some tools.... :B:

goo929

• Silent Avalanche - In Memorial
  • I'm now cruising my Av in heaven.
« Reply #84 on: 05/25/02 02:59 PM »

Basic tools, quick detailing stuff, flashlight, beach towel, tanning oil and bikini from Padre Island  ... I need to clean that box out before it starts to smell funny  :o

Don't cry for me - I'm cruising in heaven with Hooter's babes!
[/size]

AVaricious

• Courage is fear that has said its prayers!
« Reply #85 on: 08/08/03 12:41 PM »

I don't really KEEP all this stuff in the box, but, as a test I tried this after my last camping trip.....

"Is this thing really ready for camping?"

In the passenger side I put:

One 15X15 Canopy/Tarp type tent
All five poles and tie down ropes and stakes
One Avalanche tent with poles and Rain hood.
The matching airmattress (size=Full or Double)
Fitted sheet for the matress
Battery operated pump for matress (good for stoking up the camp fire too)
2 fleece sleeping bags
Two normal sized pillows
One Large flouresent flashlight.

Driver's side:
1 1/2 cases of Bud Light with Ice.

"Yep, this thing is ready for camping."

AV -R

Onyx Black, '02 Z-71, Loaded, Leather, Heated, Memory, 80% Tint.  Amber DRLs, Deflector, Vent Visors, Billet Grill, Light Covers, Flaps, SS Nerf Bars, Black Bowtie, Mtn. Decals, PIAA Hi/Lo.
SOLD! the house, moving into the Av Tent, (Down by the River).

avz66

• AV - AHOLIC!!!
« Reply #86 on: 10/25/03 07:19 AM »

What I have in my side compartments

Mag Light Mod
Orange triangle safty stand
Glo Light Sticks
Safety Flares
Funnel (for oil changes)
2 Foot Florescent Light
Jumper Cables
California Car Duster
Window Shade
Rain Ponchos
Bowtie Hitch Cover
Brake Lght Hitch Cover
Craftman 50 piece tool set
Tool box filed with oil changing tools
2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,106,000 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door

7-13-15 stage 4 cancer

TLB

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
  • Send gas money & tires
« Reply #87 on: 10/25/03 07:30 AM »

Air ;D

CAFCNA Member # 2664

03 2500, 4.10's, Roof marker lamps, 8100 VORTEC decals
 Amber DRL's
 Hypertech III
Chrome H2 Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Fabtech  6"lift

:wave:

RIKrotorhead

• You drive a WHAT??
« Reply #88 on: 10/25/03 11:57 PM »

:B:
Passenger side:
Jack
2 cans tire inflator
Jumper cables
air compressor
3 jacket-in-a-bag's
waterproof matches
Wrist rocket sling shot with steel loads
2 rolls biodegradable toilet paper
maglite mod
Hi-Tec sandals
road flares
25' Tug-em strap with "Fords can rot!" written on it
3 different types multi-tools
25' 14ga red stranded electrical wire
duct tape

Driver side:
8 tie down straps
first aid kit & snake bite kit
camp stove in case (one of those ones that take a can of gas the size of a can of hair spray)
1 extra can of camp stove gas
Misc. MRE's
1 liter water
small camp dish/pan set
AR7 breakdown backpack .22cal rifle (w/100 rounds of long rifle ammo)
maybe fire extinguisher mod before next weekend

Took the .357 magnum out. Only take that when I head out for the weekend. Never know when a can might sneak up on you!

PUNISHER

« Reply #89 on: 10/26/03 12:18 AM »

also got my MagLite and tow strap in the side compartments also.
AVALANCHE PICS

Bisonovich

« Reply #90 on: 10/26/03 01:40 AM »

i don't think anyone should ever upset avking...he carries a pistol and a shovel...he's prepared..

driver's side i have
hand operated bicycle pump,
hand air pump for sporting goods,
terry towels,
glass cleaner,
leather cleaner,
extension cord,
panel that covers the jack since my sub doesn't allow it to fit underneath passenger seat,

passenger's side
car wash
wax
oil
and other things i've forgotten about

2005 1500 z-71 dark blue ava born 5-05 picked up 8-05 w/  no mods

centexav03

• Chevrolet Avalanche
« Reply #91 on: 10/26/03 02:07 PM »

Right side box is empty. Left side box has wheel lock key and trailor harness for brake control.
2003 Avalanche Arival blue,20" Azuka Exploit wheels,new tunes with 10" subs.
More to come!

Mongo Ranger

• You will RESPECT my authoritah!!
    • Mongo's Site
« Reply #92 on: 10/26/03 04:26 PM »

My left box has a tool kit and mag lite mod.  The right box has all the supplies I need to keep my baby lookin good. 8)
Mongo's Pictures
2007 Silver Birch Metallic SS, Loaded.  Mods To Date: Amber DRL's, SilverStars Hi Beams only, SS decals all around, Headrest DVDs, and Nuvi 350 for Nav.

JDEANZ

• Just as I find the meaning of life, it changes....
« Reply #93 on: 10/28/03 05:15 PM »

Reality really hit me upside the head a couple of months ago.  Returning home to So Cal from a weekend trip to Vegas one Saturday night, I was cruising northbound on I-15 when this truck and mini-van crashed together and both flipped over several times right in front of me.  Of course I stopped to help but I was really helpless to do anything.  I had plenty of blankets to keep everyone comfortable, but the scariest thing was it was pitch black out and cars just kept barreling down the interstate at 80+ miles an hour!  Both lighting systems on the rolled vehicles were out, and they were both sitting in the fast lane.  I was so scared that someone was going to slam into the back of the pickup,  and there was no way I was putting my vehicle in the roadway with my 3 kids inside.  Fortunately, that never happened and the highway patrol finally arrived about 45 minutes later.

What do I keep in the side compartment now?  First aid kit, flares, flashlight, fire extinguisher, & rope.

cwharper

• WhoHoo!! I got an Avalanche!!!!
    • Wes's Avalanche
« Reply #94 on: 10/28/03 05:26 PM »

Drivers side:

portawattz 1750 stashed up in the hole with jumper cables fitted to connect and disconnect it quickly
socket/wrench kit
working gloves
pieces of electrical wire (all sizes)
loose tools (monkey wrenches, crescent wrench, and other odd wrenches including old ford ignition module wrench)
still room for more stuff, lot's more stuff

passenger side:

jumper cables (not for me, used them more for everyone else and the tractor that won't crank every now and then)
straight hitch
curved hitch
standard hitch ball
circuit and voltage tester
portable air compressor (12 v cig lighter)
flourscent light (12 v)
halogen spot light (12v )
7 wire to 4 wire adapter for trailer
tire changing stuff
other loose miscanellous stuff not worth mentioning
not much room left on this side

I used to keep all this stuff on either side behind the seat in my old Chevy S-10

Director of AV

• My Chevy Avalanche!
    • http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/northman019
« Reply #95 on: 11/02/03 08:51 AM »

I just got 2 small cordura bags from Home Depot which fit in the side compartments perfectly. They are made by CLC, one Black, one Kaki.  They really help with keeping things organized back there.
2003 ABM Z66; K&N FiPK II; GIBSON catback;  Westin Running Boards; TSW Slugger 22's running FALKEN S/TZ-01,305/40-22's; Amber DRLs: Silverstar Low Beam: Fire Ext & Mag Light Side Compartment Lids

7of7

• The GateCam
« Reply #96 on: 11/02/03 09:45 AM »

Drivers side:
Water, Coke, Guiness.  Never know when you are going to need a drink, loosend a rusted bolt, or some emergency motor oil....lol

Passenger side:
The jack stuff, shakelight, first aid kit, tiedowns, tow strap, road flares, box of garbage bags, some white shop towels (get at costco 2dozen at a time)  
Need to throw in a pair of leather gloves, fire extinguisher, and some additional towels.....

under back seat, air mattress, behind back seat ,....tent.  You never know when you may need a place to stay.

2003 Arrival Blue 1500 Z71, Every Option Except Engine Block Heater and XM Radio.  Snakeeyes Rear View Camera System, Stainless Assist Steps, Protection Package,  DRL Mod,  Headrest Mod, 2500 Front Wheel Well Moldings,Full-Time DRL's,

whitethunder

• My Website
« Reply #97 on: 11/02/03 09:49 AM »

I usually have in one side 48 small bottles of water for my Dog's and plastic Dog bowls.

Other side holds rear seat cover, papertowling, spary wax, ect.

As far as keeping the water cool surprisingly enough the bottled water stays fairly cool and keep i9t in the for the entire summer.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab!

DS

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
« Reply #98 on: 11/02/03 10:15 AM »

Believe it or not, last night I shoved an entire full-length golfer's size umbrella into one of the side compartments.  I could not believe it swallowed the whole umbrella and asked for more!  

LMAO!

I keep big 20ft long 4gauge jumper cables bagged up in the pass side along with a travel tool/technicians kit and meter in mine. The driver side is used as a cooler from time to time.

Tangi-Cowboy

• CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member
  • The Good Life
« Reply #99 on: 11/02/03 10:33 AM »

Man those things are handy, I carry a tow rope ,jumper cables, bunge cords, yellow rain suit, small folding shovel, tie down rope, & 2 folding camp stools in case we get tired of standing up

Dave02Z66

• Passed on AV#2 for a RAM HEMI
    • Dave02Z66
« Reply #100 on: 11/02/03 10:38 AM »

Have 7 heavy Duty Tie down straps and chains and a pallet grabber in the pass side  and HD jumper cables, a big 4 way and cleaning supplies and a few emergency tools in the drivers side plus my mag light mod
« Last Edit: 11/02/03 10:38 AM by Dave02Z66 »
Houston, Texas 
Former owner '02 White, Z66.
born 5/13/01 adptd 5/31/01 departed 3/9/05 110,000mi
Flowmaster, custom three tone paint, painted cladding, Indiglo Dash, Sportwing, Ram Air Hood, TBS spacer, K&N, Chrome side steps, Av Brush Guard, Amber DRL's, Silver Stars, 17"Antera 301's, Michelin LTX tires. LOF, SS Sill plates. Whelen strobes. Now A '07 RAM QUAD CAB HEMI owner, Bring on the MODS!

cwharper

• WhoHoo!! I got an Avalanche!!!!
    • Wes's Avalanche
« Reply #101 on: 06/21/06 05:28 PM »

update:

What I've found now is that I've accumulated a lot more stuff (necessary of course) that won't all fit in the side pockets so it just lays in the bed. I really need to clean it out one day but don't have anywhere to put it so it will lay there some more. So now I've got, a grubbing hoe, rubber boots, the trap setting tool, several aluminum pans (intended to put the boots in them), a 12v cab fan, a 12v radiator fan (gotta keep cool somehow when cutting firewood), a length of insulated wire, a couple of baseball hats, a back scratcher, and a lot of dirt from the rubber boots.

PUNISHER

« Reply #102 on: 06/21/06 05:34 PM »

i keep my trailering accessories, tie down straps, and those seat covers & floor mats they use at the dealership service department in the driver side compartment.  on the other side i have shop towels, nitrile rubber gloves, heavy duty wet wipes, and a pair of 36" bolt cutters ( wife had my Av and got locked in a fenced in storage building: luckily she was small enough to squeeze through the gate to give me a call). :B:

this same stuff, and micro-fiber towels, detail spray, tow strap, hand cleaner, and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember.
AVALANCHE PICS

SabreXray

« Reply #103 on: 06/21/06 05:43 PM »

assorted junk including ductape, cleaning supplies, wax, electrical tape, and other stuff.

JP
2005 Sport Red Metallic Avalanche Z71

grnxnam

• Pastafarian
« Reply #104 on: 06/21/06 05:45 PM »

I have a stolen stereo...

no really, I do.  after mine was recovered a while back, I threw it in ther with plans of trying to get my Kidd Rock cd out of it, but haven't got a round toit.
Jesus wasn't white, so why does he look like Kid Rock on a cross?"

SabreXray

« Reply #105 on: 06/23/06 06:05 PM »

I have a stolen stereo...

no really, I do. after mine was recovered a while back, I threw it in ther with plans of trying to get my Kidd Rock cd out of it, but haven't got a round toit.

All you got is "Square toits"?

JP

Senor Plata

• The leatherman of outdoor transportation!
« Reply #106 on: 06/24/06 01:48 PM »

Driver side

First Aid Kit
Tow Strap
Pair of old CB radios
Seattle Mariner Umbrella
10 Disposable wrapped plastic glasses from various motels
Bar of soap and shampoo from last motel
At least one set of plastic silverware
Matches
Vinyl Table Cloth (keep bedliner clean when hauling soil, rocks and pavers)
Emergency roadside kit
Jumper cables
1 VW Solar charger (about the size of a tablet and supposedly it charges your battery when you plug it in your cigarette lighter).
Various bungee cords for holding friends furniture boxes when helping them move (felt like putting a noose in there after helping them move)

Passenger Side

Usual tire change stuff
1 standard rock hammer
1 Estwing hammer
1 Flat bladed screwdriver left by teenager trying to steal my parents Plymouth Voyager (keepsake for chasing him off on my 39th birthday)
1 early 80s vintage "Miracle" wrench that will fit any bolt (also slips off any bolt when torqued and mashes knuckles)
1 Bolt for installing bike hitch
« Last Edit: 06/24/06 01:50 PM by Senor Plata »
2002 Novara Cross Bicycle (8 miles per cookie)

RichUF

• UNP1MPD
« Reply #107 on: 06/24/06 05:44 PM »

it was nostalgic to go back and read my post from three years ago in this thread  :D
[sig deleted by Admin...your account is next to go]

MR.SMITH

« Reply #108 on: 06/24/06 05:47 PM »

Black Magic wheel cleaner
Black Magic Tire shine
Windex wipes
Armorall wipes

SamHouseIII

• CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member
  • mmm!! mmm!! Good!!
« Reply #109 on: 06/25/06 12:37 AM »

http://

BEER

:kidding:

http://

Sam
Commitment, Integrity, Results!!

Don't knock road kill till you try it!!

Flint4x4

« Reply #110 on: 06/25/06 05:07 AM »

jumper cables
tow rope
ratchet straps
frisbees  :cool:
baseball gloves & balls
horseshoes & stakes & 5lb hammer
'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016

DreamWorks

• ~Eastern Bluebird~
« Reply #111 on: 06/25/06 05:14 AM »

zaino
micro fiber cloths
tire cleaner
trailer hitch
bugee cords
ultra lite fishing pole
small assortment of fishing tackle

and oh $hit......a three week old tuna fish sandwich!
brb
~ 2002 ~ 4x4/1500 ~ Indigo Blue ~ The Works ~ Maximum Joy ~

Trey

• Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.
« Reply #112 on: 06/25/06 05:24 AM »

I keep 4 5000-lb C-130 ratcheting cargo straps in the driver's side compartment.  You never know when you need to strap down some cargo to a pallet...
2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.

Flint4x4

« Reply #113 on: 06/25/06 05:40 AM »

I keep 4 5000-lb C-130 ratcheting cargo straps in the driver's side compartment.  You never know when you need to strap down some cargo to a pallet...

my ratchet straps aren't rated that high  :o  I'm sure I have bungee cords and a 500' roll of twine in there too, never underestimate the power of twine in the hands of an expert at securing a load. (I worked on the loading docks of a window factory for 2 years)

barefootcowgrl

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
« Reply #114 on: 06/25/06 07:20 AM »

drivers side:

jumper cables
small tool kit
tire changing necessities
duct tape
flares
first aid kit
funnel

passenger side:

dog collar w/leash
horse halter w/lead
water bowl
small tarp
space blanket
bungees
gloves
rope

Flint4x4

« Reply #115 on: 06/25/06 07:42 AM »

duct tape
first aid kit
funnel
dog collar w/leash
horse halter w/lead
water bowl
small tarp
space blanket
bungees
gloves
rope

some people might construe that list as kinky  :4:  :kidding:

barefootcowgrl

« Reply #116 on: 06/25/06 01:56 PM »

well, i train dogs and horses and i live in a very remote area of the n.c mountains, sometimes i come across stray dogs  or livestock.   but then again...............    ;D 

inv564

« Reply #117 on: 06/25/06 06:50 PM »

drivers side:

jumper cables
small tool kit
tire changing necessities
duct tape
flares
first aid kit
funnel

passenger side:

dog collar w/leash
horse halter w/lead
water bowl
small tarp
space blanket
bungees
gloves
rope

"What are things you find at a crime scene, Alex."
'05 DGM 2500, Fabtech 6" lift, 3" PA bodylift, 35/1250R/18 Toyo O/C's, Weld Dunes, FTADRL's, 4onHi, TNT step kit, fender plug, WAAG brush guard, TribalAv decals, Hypertech tuner, FM dual exhaust, Hella Black Magics, cupholders

grnxnam

• Pastafarian
« Reply #118 on: 06/25/06 06:51 PM »

"What are things you find at a crime scene, Alex."
:laugh:

MEDICO

• Dad's Toy
« Reply #119 on: 06/25/06 08:03 PM »

Pass. side: Jack handle w/a pair of gloves

Drivers side:  Shop towel, hand cleaner, tool bag w/tools, jumper cables. Mag light, fire ext., Master slimjim set from Snap On(Bugerlar Tools) :o
02 Z66 Pewter w/Cladding. Amber DRL's, K&N CAI, Cat Back Flowmaster Series 50 w/ stainless pipes, Hypertech program, Hi/Lo Piaa's, Billet Grill overlay, All 4 on w/DRL & Fogs, Enkei's Fender Flares, LOF,.All  All 4brake on, TOC, Tranny Servo, GATORBACKED, Cargo bed switch, TRAIN HORNS Strobes, Red Neon Glow., Crome Westin BullBar w/ Piaa 520's, SS Nerf bars.. More to follow

misura

• Hammer Down!
« Reply #120 on: 06/25/06 09:17 PM »

passenger side:
military folding shovel
hatchet
knife
first aid kit
2 blankets
hitch
tow strap
tiedowns
gloves
towels
Maglite
several MRE's
100 rounds of .45(its up front :4:)
tool kit w/electrician's tape
100 foot rope
fifth of-I mean snake bite medicine :4:

drivers side:
ready for ice and beverages
'04 Silver Birch Z71 WBH, K&N, BFG All Terrain T/A's,  mine on 12/23/04

Flint4x4

« Reply #121 on: 06/25/06 09:38 PM »

drivers side: ready for ice and beverages

mine's like that too, an aluminum telescoping brush/ice scraper doesn't get in the way of beverages. I rarely have the driver side locked, I use it for whatever including a cooler

Loggie

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • What made it all happen--The Original Concept
    • Pics of AV
« Reply #122 on: 06/25/06 10:35 PM »

Drivers Side:
Cleaning Wipes
Armorall Wipes
Trailer Hitch
Towel
Bungee Cords
64 Piece Ratchet Set
Small Tool Kit
2ea Replacement Bulbs
Tie Down Straps
Tape
Gloves

Passenger Side:
Jumper Cables
Can Of Run Flat
Tire Changing Tools
First Aid Kit
Emergency Triangle
Rope
6000lbs Tow Strap
Air Compressor(Small)
Towels
Quick Detailer

chevyfan-germany

• moved to Lithuania in 2009
« Reply #123 on: 06/26/06 03:23 AM »

Drivers Side:
Cleaning Wipes
Armorall Wipes
Trailer Hitch
Towel
Bungee Cords
64 Piece Ratchet Set
Small Tool Kit
2ea Replacement Bulbs
Tie Down Straps
Tape
Gloves

Passenger Side:
Jumper Cables
Can Of Run Flat
Tire Changing Tools
First Aid Kit
Emergency Triangle
Rope
6000lbs Tow Strap
Air Compressor(Small)
Towels
Quick Detailer

:cool: did you have to go outside take Inventury  :1: I would not remember all that   :laugh:
Sold 03 Z71 ,4x4,Pewder,Borla Dual Catback,Wheel Spacer's30mm ,GM Brush Guard. Silver Tailgate and Avalanche Lettering +Texas Flag Bowtie Decal , Loggi's Bug Deflector,  red Sailpanel LED's ,Kenwood DDX7025 with KNA-DV 3200 Navigation,Backupsensor's and Camera
Sold-03 Hummer H2..Mods:Borla Dual Catback&Headers,SS Door Sillplates,Domed Hummer Letters on Back Bumber and Grill,chromed Airinlet grill, Kenwood ddx HU & Navi,Taylor Pro Race Wires, K&N 77 Series,9" HRscreens,Nuimage KM SS Cluster

SamHouseIII

• mmm!! mmm!! Good!!
« Reply #124 on: 06/26/06 03:54 AM »

:cool: did you have to go outside take Inventury  :1: I would not remember all that   :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
Commitment, Integrity, Results!!

Don't knock road kill till you try it!!

Loggie

• What made it all happen--The Original Concept
    • Pics of AV
« Reply #125 on: 06/26/06 04:04 AM »

nope...all from the noodle...I'm sure I missed something :laugh:

ZJAvyDriver

• Long Travel Z71
« Reply #126 on: 06/27/06 03:21 PM »

Tow strap, hitch, d-ring style hitch, extra outter CVs for when the axles break I can pop these in and go 2wd without destroying my bearings, mechanics gloves, tools to replace axles.  If your wondering, yes I break CVs alot and never axles because I run 4340 chromoly axles shafts that I had custom made.  I just ordered the new plunging axles with 6 ball joint cvs from rough country.  Ill let you know how they work.

kellygarver

• My backseat's always full of beautiful blondes!
« Reply #127 on: 09/03/06 06:18 PM »

Extra diapers, 2 sippy cups, a Disney Princess coloring book, and 2 blankies.
'05 Sport Red Metallic...no mods yet...diapers and preschool have priority:)

mhenry

« Reply #128 on: 09/04/06 04:36 AM »

Ratchet Straps, Bungees, Gloves, Hitch Equipment, Tools, Fishing Tackle, Rags and Extras that change depending where we go.
Mike
05 Midnight Blue Cladded Z71 LT
Ambers

Stargixxer

• Myspace
« Reply #129 on: 11/11/06 04:29 AM »

Jumper cables, bungie cords, ratchet straps, and hitch accessories 
02 AVALANCHE 3" SuspensionMAXX leveling kit in front, 1.5" SuspensionMAXX spacers in rear, Cognito pitman and idler arm support system, 33" Cooper Discoverer Stt tires, 17" Procomp wheels.
03 CUSTOM HOT PINK PEARL GSXR 600

SWFLA1

• Have you thanked a Veteran today?
« Reply #130 on: 11/11/06 04:44 AM »

Drivers Side
Jumper Cables
Gloves
Ice Scraper (even though i Live in So. Florida) I don't know why, don't ask
Mag lite (Mod)
Air Compressor (small)
Small tool kit
towels

Passenger Side
Tire Tools (of course)
Breaker Bar with socket
HUGE wrench
8 tie downs
4 bungie straps
'07 Greystone Metallic LT3
'04 Victory Red Z-66---Sold

If you can read this, thank a Teacher, since it's in English, Thank a Soldier!!!

IT AINT EASY

« Reply #131 on: 11/18/06 10:34 AM »

all  i ever keep in my side  compartments is , Bud  Light  more  bud light  and more bud light.  Nothing else.period......... :laugh: :laugh:
THIS  IS  MY  FAVORITE  PIC.  ADDED  22'RIMS & TIRES, CHROME  DOOR  HANDLES, TAILGATE COVER, MIRROR  COVERS, DUAL  EXHAUST( MAGNA FLOW MUFFLER)  WITH  5 IN.  BOWTIE  TIPS....  SWEET  SOUND. THE TIRES AND RIMS ARE 305 /40/22 NITTO TIRES AND THE RIMS ARE CALLED .BIG WHEELS ( BIGG E-Z )..FENDER VENT COVERS, L.E.D. LIGHT BAR IN THE TAILGATE  AREA.

utbigrod

• Sun setting on another great day
« Reply #132 on: 11/27/06 10:51 AM »

Well, only had the truck for 2 weeks, so right now it's tie downs and jumper cables in the drivers side and a lot of air in the passenger side.
'03 Arrival Blue Avalanche 1500

GreatWhite496

« Reply #133 on: 11/27/06 10:59 AM »

Maglite, other cheap flash lights, usually put the hitch in there and some rags...come to think of it I am wasting space...I need to find some more crap to throw in there :4:

shandar

• I Love my Avalanche :)
« Reply #134 on: 11/27/06 03:48 PM »

Rain gear ,Terry colths and wax for those quick clean up-s birds tend to make. jumper cables. lock out tools.
2005 Bermuda Blue LT 1500  2WD 4:10S (has Amber's & a  K&N; drop in filter, and Tornado, Extreme Sail panel LED:"s, white/Green ghost led's

BlueDevil

• Yeah! Is Not a Hemi.
    • ChevyAvalancheClub
« Reply #135 on: 11/27/06 03:56 PM »

I was just wandering what everyone puts in those handy rear side compartments????

I have a slim-jm kit and hitch accessories in oneside and the other side is filled with MOTHERS wax and cleaning supplies.

I keep nothing,nada,zip.  :cool:

isjustus

• I need an updated AVatar
« Reply #136 on: 11/27/06 04:05 PM »

I keep nothing,nada,zip.  :cool:

And all that space goes to waste......  ;)
2002 Green Av Z71

BlueDevil

• Yeah! Is Not a Hemi.
    • ChevyAvalancheClub
« Reply #137 on: 11/27/06 04:11 PM »

And all that space goes to waste......  ;)

One day driving 75 mph the passenger saddlebag came open. It looked like the Av grew wings from the rear view mirrors.   Anywho...it was very cold and the latches never shut closed.  I noticed that during the summer months it works fine.  Only in the winter that one side doesnt stay closed.   Thats why is alwasys empty.

2007CSI

• 2007 LTZ
« Reply #138 on: 11/27/06 06:45 PM »

Flares, jumper cables, and uncooperative children...
2007 LTZ - Leather, sunroof, 20"s, white - everything available except a block heater... Add-ons include full emergency vehicle package - Undercover strobes and siren.

03whitediamond

• Nothings finer than Carolina Blueskies!
« Reply #139 on: 11/29/06 12:24 PM »

Passeger side.................Cleaning, shining and waxing products. Drivers side Jumpers, misc, modding hand tools.
HELP OUT A YOUNGSTER WITH CANCER They're your future.

Bryan Mac

• I drive my 87 honda so I can own my 06 AV
« Reply #140 on: 11/30/06 05:27 AM »

right side _Flares,tow strap, rachet ties downs, MAG Light Mod, Detail spray, paper towels, towel,tire plug kit,gm stuff.
left side - beverages
06 WBH Ambers, ALL on hi beam, chrome door handles and buckets and mirror fronts, line of fire, Wish I could have a Avalanche to replace my Crown Vic patrol car

userc10

« Reply #141 on: 12/14/06 07:18 AM »

Driver - cleaning products (need to add maglight)

Passenger - Jack, trailer plug adapter, fire extringuisher mounted on lid (need to add tow strap and jumper cables)
-'02 Forest Green cladded Avalanche

NEPTUNE

« Reply #142 on: 12/14/06 07:25 AM »

Drivers side - Tools, Tie Straps, First Aid kit, Jumper Cables, Water
Pass Side - Scuba student Training packages, Scuba tools, other various Scuba stuff and marketing stuff.

can you tell that I like to dive?
2008 Silverado 2500HD

Sold:-- 07 LT Z71, Ambers, Tint....The More is finally here..... 

old ride - 05 LT, Dark Gray Metallic, tinted windows, Bug Deflector, Amber lights, all on High, HID lights,  Backup Camera, Custom center console monitor, K&N FPK, and some Boom, Boom.

kny21

« Reply #143 on: 12/20/06 06:14 PM »

Tools, tie downs, tow hitch, first aid, jumpers, rags/towels to lay on, misc. stuff and the detail kit. never know when you need to clean her up.  :4:
« Last Edit: 12/20/06 06:15 PM by kny21 »

Chevy Girl

• Nice Girls Don't Drive Trucks
« Reply #144 on: 12/25/06 09:25 PM »

Right side=jack, cargo tie down straps, red rag for long items, rope, dog blankets.
Left side=empty except for 2 tailgating cups.
The bed has the rest of the junk, lawn chair, blanket for me, sometimes a pillow!!  Oh and more cargo tie downs.
06, 4x4 Charcoal wbh, htd leather-memory, bucket seats, 6disc-Bose, sunroof, ele retractable mirrors, On-star, XM, personalized plates, Amber DRL's, Black Westin Nerf Bars

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #145 on: 12/26/06 04:04 PM »

Humm I never looked let me go open it and I'll post whats in it
2003 2500

JaysAvy

• I'm not here for a long time, just a good time!
« Reply #146 on: 12/28/06 12:12 PM »

During working days, I have on one side jumper cables, first aid kit, rags and tire shine. Other extension cords, tie downs and power strap..  On trips to concerts everything comes out and the beer and ice goes in, then other side is for the empties.. Its michigan so  $.10  depoist.. so One case of beer= one gal of gas.. haha
02  Red Z66  With Grey Cloth.   Used for picking up fresh kegs
04  Charcoal Z71  With  Grey Leather ( Factory DVD Player, Sony PlayStation, Factory Push Bar)   The Work Horse                                            
07 Cadillac  ESV  Black with Black Leather (Factory DVD player).  Piece of poop(some elec problem) Not happy!!!

BlueDevil

• Yeah! Is Not a Hemi.
    • ChevyAvalancheClub
« Reply #147 on: 12/28/06 07:05 PM »

I keep nothing in them.  Only a big size "Maglite" on one side and thanx to Secret Santa, Im installing a fire extinguisher on the other side. Yet nothing else in the bottom of it.

myscndfvrtride

• AV's what brought us,but family keeps us+the hat
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #148 on: 12/28/06 07:08 PM »

on the drivers side i keep all my cleaning supplies,on passenger side i keep a tire iron and an emergency tool kit,and of course mag lite mod!
SUPPORT YOUR NATIONAL GTG'S! Remember THE ALAMO..!!!!!

Jodi House

• Support our troops
« Reply #149 on: 12/31/06 11:05 AM »

I don't know what Sam keeps in there, Guess I gotta look.

Jodi

Flint4x4

« Reply #150 on: 01/01/07 01:05 AM »

I don't know what Sam keeps in there, Guess I gotta look.

Wendy never looks, I've used side compartment or the box to hide her Christmas present before.

Loren

Big Blockhead

• If at first you don't succeed.... pay someone
« Reply #151 on: 01/01/07 03:39 AM »

Drivers side:     Empty.............reserved for coldies
Passengers side:     tie-down straps, tow strap, various drops and sizes of hitches, MREs, factory jack ( not sure why), gloves, spare jacket, Mag lite
'05 2500 Dark Grey Metalic conceived on Sept 11, 2004- Born Oct 30,2004- Allowed to come home 6hrs after delivery-Moms doing fine. amber FT/DRLs-4 on high-Fogs on high-VR Straps-Z85 decals from Tribal Av-Carriles bowtie-Enkieavalanche four fenders-TnT diamond plate steps-LOF-Fender plug-Cup Holders in rear bumper-Maglight Mod-6"ProComp lift-315/70/17BFG AT KO's on polished and chromed H2 wheels-Westin ovals-HP tuner-2002 roof rack-Prodigy Brake Controller

Crownking

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
« Reply #152 on: 01/03/07 12:07 AM »

On the drivers side space reserved for CrownRoyal & Coke :4:  or other legal beverages. The passenger side has all towing equipment and a roadside emergency kit.
2003 Summit White Avalanche, FT Amber DRLs, All4onHigh, drop in K&N, Running Boards, Bug Deflector, Air Bag Visor mod,and LEO bowtie.

devilstoy

• www.twistedstunts.com
« Reply #153 on: 01/03/07 07:43 PM »

the one side is trailer hitch stuff and tie downs for my dirtbikes and stuff the other i try to keep light so i can actually use the cooler sometimes haha

SabreXray

« Reply #154 on: 01/09/07 12:29 PM »

Passeger side.................Cleaning, shining and waxing products. Drivers side Jumpers, misc, modding hand tools.
what he said.

JP

jdmick

« Reply #155 on: 01/09/07 12:39 PM »

Drivers side:  Hitch and towing accessories, blanket, and the recently added mag light mod

Passenger side:  Cleaning supplies, tie downs, and tool kit
2002 LPM Z71

03whitediamond

« Reply #156 on: 01/09/07 03:31 PM »

Update 07...............In addition to all the regular junk packed in the my side saddle boxes. I've got a additional pair of lights operated via pin switches. Great mod installed @ our Jan 6th B_day GTG at Hugz house by Hugz! Love them  :A:

WTGEDDES

• THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!
« Reply #157 on: 01/19/07 01:52 PM »

PASSANGER SIDE :  TIRE IRON, TIE DOWNS IN CROWN ROYAL BAGS, EMERGENCY KIT.

DRIVER'S SIDE :  ALL WEATHER PONCHO.

BOTH SIDES : LOCKED ALL THE TIME!!!
HORTON,
ALABAMA
2500 AVALANCHE

Trucker Rick

• AV Owners make better lovers
« Reply #158 on: 01/19/07 04:27 PM »

Left side-  Some L.E.D. s  & small neon lights ( yet to be installed)  Hiding them from the wife.

Right side- 2 old license plates. Why? I dont know. Guess it's one of those out of sight, out of mind kind of things.
2013 Blue Topaz.  In channel vent visors, line of fire, some under hood paint work.

kinger605

• my 02 tow rig
« Reply #159 on: 01/28/07 08:42 AM »

i have jumpers, first aid kit ,4 hitches ,load distributing bars ,8 ratchetstraps strobe light,tool bag, fire ext, come along, 3 log chain, 2 tow straps( to recover hummers),2 prybars ,2 snatch blocks,and all trailer plug adaptors, 10 bungee cords, winch controller, I think that's it
02 2500 4x4 loaded  lite pewter Dayna max true dual exh rancho 5 speed shocks epic python wheels firestone transforce at 265/7516  aka TOW RIG

jdmick

« Reply #160 on: 01/28/07 08:45 AM »

I have also recently added the Mag light mod in the drivers side compartment.
2002 LPM Z71

Huevos poquito !

• I can't make it, I work that day !
« Reply #161 on: 02/01/07 04:28 PM »

right now, Ar-15 broken down in drivers side, 500 rds ammo pass side  :cool:
Ice cold beer in a cooler in the bed  :4:

Chevy Girl

« Reply #162 on: 02/02/07 01:43 PM »

I would like to make an addition to what I posted way back.  Just got back from the liquor store and I got a bottle of So Co, and a case of beer in the drivers side for our GTG tomorrow.  :cool:
06, 4x4 Charcoal wbh, htd leather-memory, bucket seats, 6disc-Bose, sunroof, ele retractable mirrors, On-star, XM, personalized plates, Amber DRL's, Black Westin Nerf Bars

03whitediamond

« Reply #163 on: 02/02/07 04:13 PM »

Better lock them things tight. There may be a lose Coyote on the prowl tonight.  :laugh:

Chevy Girl

« Reply #164 on: 02/02/07 08:13 PM »

He's tucked in the garage, he's too cool to just be left in the public eye.  Chevy envy just gets sad to watch sometimes.  Poor saps!  :laugh:

dorokusai

• Great, another F'n hobby...
    • Polk Army
« Reply #165 on: 02/02/07 08:31 PM »

First aid, tow strap, Maglight, rachet straps, fuses and some useless stuff....well, unless I was in the situation, its all kinda useless I guess.
'07 LT2 Sunburst Orange Metallic

Polk Army
www.polkarmy.com/forums

RaleighBermudaBlu

• This Bowtie Man finally got his first Avalanche!!!
    • 2006 BB Snugalanche
« Reply #166 on: 02/02/07 09:13 PM »

Update 07...............In addition to all the regular junk packed in the my side saddle boxes. I've got a additional pair of lights operated via pin switches. Great mod installed @ our Jan 6th B_day GTG at Hugz house by Hugz! Love them  :A:

The saddlebag mod looks much better in person.  These pictures don't do it justice.

I did have the maglite and fire extinguisher in the lids, plus the jack tools.  However, since my truck is finally at the body shop and the Snugtop is getting put on, I took everything out today.  So...right now they are basically empty.  :B: 

Eventually I may have to do something like Oviedo did...one step at a time though.

Tom
« Last Edit: 02/02/07 09:25 PM by RaleighBermudaBlu »
Tom (Knight)
Wilmington, NC

2006 Bermuda Blue "Snugalanche" Z71 Westin Sportsman CPS brush guard, PIAA 5250s, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Remote Tailgate Lock, Snakeeyes Backup Camera, Body Color Factory Flares and Moldings, Bermuda Blue Snugtop with power Snuglid, GM OEM CK807's with 285/55/20 BFG AT KO's, Catchalls front and rear, Wet Okole seat covers front and rear, Diamond Pete's Bedslide.

grnxnam

• Pastafarian
« Reply #167 on: 11/04/07 10:15 PM »

driver side:  hydraulic pump for my bed cover
passenger side:  air tools and an air hose

Dupont 24

• I like BIG Trucks!
« Reply #168 on: 11/07/07 12:42 PM »

mine? empty  :-/
02' Av 1500 Z71 Light Pewter.

BigBlockBirch

• Network Hobbies
« Reply #169 on: 11/07/07 07:57 PM »

Tool box and Detail items in Passenger Side.
Nothing but Mag Lite...Keep it open for Ice and "milkshakes"...Drivers Side
2015 GMC DenaliHD 3500 Z71 w/Duramax
2013 GMC Denali HD w/Duramax - SOLD
2011 GMC Denali HD w/Duramax - FLOOD VICTIM
'05 2500 Silver Birch Metallic - SOLD
'03 1500 Z71 Victory Red - SOLD

alamokid40

• I love the Chevy Avalanche-my 16 y/o girl wants on
« Reply #170 on: 11/10/07 03:41 PM »

On the drivers side;  my jack, jumper cables, and variuos auto stuff-duct tape etc in a waterproof Navy bag I kept. And a big military first aid kit.

My Magilte is in the inside compartment along with my 9mm Beretta (yes it is loaded) and 4 spare clips of ammo. :thumbsup:

( I have a Texas CWP in case you are wondering)

On the passenger side-nothing as yet but will put stuff in there as I think about it.

"I know all of them," he wrote.  "Even in the dark, by their mannerisms.  I don't know how I am going to deal with losing any of them.  It is my job to take care of them and keep them safe. "

Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class John Daniel House USN- KIA  Iraq 1-24-05.

We live with our Marines-we protect them and share our hopes and dreams with them as well.  And we sometimes die with them.

But when they yell "DOC!!" we are there with them.

And we WOULD NOT have it any other way.

boilers94

• Chevy Avalanche RULES!!!!!!
« Reply #171 on: 11/25/07 09:14 AM »

Passenger's Side: Work Supplies; Maps; Road Side Emergency Kit
Driver's Side: MagLite Mod; Empty for a Cooler when needed
Fram BOOST CAI System
Sylvania Silverstars (All Headlamps and Foglamps)
Ambers DRL's (Sylvania SilverStars 4157's)
Parking Lamps Mod (Sylvania SilverStar 4157's)
Full Time DRL's Mod
ALL ON HIGH Mod
MagLite Mod
Auto Trim Designs Tailgate Lettering
AVS Hoodflector (Low-Profile)
20" Gear Alloy 713 mb Double Pump Rims
Cooper Discoverer HT Plus 305/50/20 Tires

bell

« Reply #172 on: 11/27/07 10:01 AM »

Driver's side: trailer straps, clevises, and a tow strap.
Passenger's side: jack and tools. . .  and a cordless drill.  
Nothing exciting, but I'm new to this.  :D

BigC Mich

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • MID-MICHIGAN
« Reply #173 on: 12/09/07 06:50 AM »

Driver Side:  Jumper cables, tow straps, tool kit.

Passenger Side:  8 rachet straps, 3 hitch recievers for my different trailers, trailer light addapters, gloves.
2013 Black Diamond Z71 Avalanche
2007 Z71 Avalanche
2015 Camaro
1999 CBR900RR

TQDrivenWS6

« Reply #174 on: 12/12/07 05:05 PM »

One side had towing accessories and tie downs, the other had basic tools and a jumper kit.
'04 DGM WBH Z71 - Traded in!

'05 Redline CTS Sport/Lux

'02 Electron Blue Corvette Coupe M6

Dune

« Reply #175 on: 12/12/07 05:47 PM »

Left side:

Bondage straps, ball gag, nylon restraints, hoodie, handcuffs, leather whip, assorted toys.

Right side:

Clown suit
If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

trAVelingman

« Reply #176 on: 12/12/07 05:53 PM »

Left side:

Bondage straps, ball gag, nylon restraints, hoodie, handcuffs, leather whip, assorted toys.

Right side:

Clown suit

Driver's Seat?
Other cities have Art Fairs...................

Dune

« Reply #177 on: 12/12/07 05:54 PM »

If you have five dollars and Chuck Norris has five dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you.

ohiobellboy

• 2 Eagles
« Reply #178 on: 12/12/07 05:54 PM »

It depends....are the Feds watching this site?? :o
Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive

Chucker

• You're gonna need a bigger boat
« Reply #179 on: 12/17/07 06:42 AM »

One is always empty in case I want to store something out of site or to use as a cooler and the other has jumper cables and cleaning supplies.   I keep my toolbox in the bed. . .
Orange 2003 Z66, cladded, ambers, all-4's, ventshades, bug deflector

02z71black

• 02 Z71
« Reply #180 on: 12/18/07 05:19 PM »

2 Trailer hitches and jumper cables in drivers side,ratchet straps and tie down stuff in passenger side
Rob

MooseAlanche

• The Moose Is On The Loose
« Reply #181 on: 12/19/07 04:05 PM »

It depends....are the Feds watching this site?? :o
Pete
05 Black Avalanche 5.3L, Z71, Cladded, Chrome Brush Bar, Speed Grille, SS Nerf Bars, Fire & Ice Tailgate LED, Lund Bug Shield, Putco Tailgate Handle Cover, K&N #77 Cold Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, MagnaFlow SS CatBack. Since Joining CAFC: Amber FTDRL, LED Sail Panel Lights, Amber LED Grille Lights, Door Pocket LED's, Mag Lite, 3rd Brake & Tailgate Decals, Cargo Light, Billet Gas Door, Tailgate Cup Holders, Backup Cam, I Pod2car, WoLo Horn, PlasmaGlow Xeon Bulbs, Window Tint, Tailgate E-Z Up, HyperTech

Red Cross 1

• Have you saved a life today?
« Reply #182 on: 12/19/07 04:41 PM »

Lets see, I have tools, flags for parades, a change of cloths for the family, Hey you never know :
Red Cross 1 on the Job       

2002 NorthFace Edition 4X4
Onyx Black
Northface Leather Edition, with Day Packs,
Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors, Seats
Auto Climate Control, Center Console Cooler / Heater
Home link, Power Converters
Wireless Entertainment System
Strobes, Sirens

Louisk406

« Reply #183 on: 12/19/07 07:07 PM »

About three cases worth of empty roadies.  Those side cars can handle a ton of cans, bottles, etc. . .

c_b_mazur

• Gone Digital
« Reply #184 on: 12/20/07 07:27 PM »

Left Side: Tool Kit, First Aid Kit, 2 x Ratchet straps, 2 x Headlamps, Maglight Mod, Shop Towels

Right Side: MaxAx Kit, 50' Chain, GM Tire kit, Elect, Connector Case, Drop Hitch, Trailer Plug Adaptor, Knife, Flares, Bolt Cutters, 550 Cord, Battery Operated Chemlight, Fire Ext. (missing the mount bracket)

That's all I can think of right now I am sure there is more in there and I still have space left to fit more things.
Former 2002 Cladded Av w/ Ambers, Cab Lights, LOF, Sail Panel Leds, Custom badging.... 

Current 2004 Cladded Av with Ambers, Recon Smoke Cab Lights, FTDRL, All-4 on High. Still doing stuff to it, it will never be done.

vanlagan

• Deere Haulin' Avalanche
« Reply #185 on: 12/26/07 05:58 PM »

Nothing til I cut in the hatches! New snug top.
2004 Z71 Dark Ming Blue WBH Avalanche, Nasta Nerf Bars, Ambers, Snug Top XUV , Bed Hatches, Easylift. Just got started on this Mod Madness!

mrrevsss

• lifted North Face all the way
« Reply #186 on: 12/28/07 09:58 AM »

For now Jumper cables , tow straps, towels.
come this spring it will be the future home for TRAIN HORNS compressors
Ford Keys,Fabtech, SS amberDRL, Kicker sound system  Helo maxx, Procomp tires, billet bowtie, chipped, cold air intake, true duel exhaust, NORTH FACE.

IslandAvy

« Reply #187 on: 12/28/07 01:13 PM »

Well in the passenger side- Nothing, it is strictly for cooler usage.
Drivers side - Toolkit, jumper cables, shovel, tow straps, hitch accessories, machete, Flashlight, jack tools.

Spent 5 days on trip during July in Oregon Washington, aside from daily loading of ice in cooler and drinks, worked excellently.

Strobin'01

• relationships s**k
« Reply #188 on: 12/30/07 06:21 PM »

Right side:

Tool box, First Aid kit, cleaning supplies, Jumper Cables, portable air compressor, tow strap, and tie down straps

Left side:

Flashlight, tool box, hitch mount and ball, trailer wire adapter, retractable fishing rod, travel pouch with c**d*ms.  (I am like a boy scout, be prepared.  :4:)

Why does my life go great for a while then spirals downward?

ItsStopher

• CAFCNA Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: 12/30/07 06:47 PM »

50ft of coiled air hose  :4:

randydog

« Reply #190 on: 01/07/08 05:19 PM »

BEER  :thumbsup:

2milnhr

• Rollin' slow so everybody sees me!
« Reply #191 on: 03/09/08 06:17 AM »

I've got a flashlight, tow rope, and tire iron in the passenger side.  The driver's side is currently empty and waiting for warm weather so it can prove to me how many cans and how much ice will fit. ;)  It's going to come in real handy this summer when we take the kids out west to see Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone.
It will fit a ton of ice and brews but the ice melts fast. I always use a 33gal trash bag, put it in first then put drinks in and ice in the bag. Depending on the weather it will stay cold for almost 2 days in some cases. Other wise you'll be stuck buying ice every hour. Give it a shot, you'll be amazed!

Thumpin' the Trunk!!!

PerfectReign

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member
  • A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request
    • My Little Home on the Intrawebs
« Reply #192 on: 03/10/08 08:00 AM »

You know, that's an amazing place to keep stuff. My son asked yesterday to play with this Nerf football/dart thing we bought last summer while camping.  I knew it was in the side compartment, so I looked.

I found, two 7-11 super big gulp cups, a roll of duct tape (green), a still sealed roll of silver duct tape, a rope, an ax, jumper cables, two picnic blankets (wondered where those were!), a hammer, toolkit, package of bunji cords, several baseballs, two baseball bats, a frisbee, hand air pump, a kite, some older cans of diet coke, several bottles of water, some granola bars, trash bags, oh - and one Nerf football...

2006 WBH2016 Malibu Hybrid

sunshine hack

« Reply #193 on: 03/12/08 07:10 PM »

sunshine hack

« Reply #194 on: 03/12/08 07:17 PM »

CROWN ROYAL

Kingslayer

« Reply #195 on: 03/13/08 07:46 AM »

I have the jack and jack handle. Jerk strap, jumper cables, regular hitch with 2" ball, shackle hitch, Torque wrench with 6" extender and impact socket for the lug nuts (I've had a tire come off a long time ago and it won't happen again) extra quart of oil, rag, Mechanix gloves, 12" cresent wrench and 1 7/8" ball, hatchet, 20' 3/8" chain. First aid kit.

Not too bad for only having the truck a week. Most of this stuff came out of the toolbox on my Frontier.
2003 Summit White Z71 w/ cladding

Subiemutt

« Reply #196 on: 03/13/08 07:54 AM »

Drivers side: 24" of 500MCM wire

Passanger side: nothing

Only had it a week still waiting to load them up...
 :B:
2005 Z71
Gibson exhaust
Helo 835 18x9
20% tint front windows
Go Rhino Nerf bars
Clarion DXZ785USB headunit
2-JL W1 10's
3M clear bra
Mathews SoloCam Decal!!!

Texascwgrl

• Charter Member
  • Pavement Princess
    • AV pics
« Reply #197 on: 03/13/08 11:35 AM »

Drivers side:  Air compressor for my Train Horn, mag light mod 

Passenger side:  All of my paperwork for ALL of the MODs in a ziplock bag :cool: , the jack accessories, 1 US flag, 1 TX flag (also in ziplock bags) , a small tool box and a first aid kit  :thumbsup:

Texascwgrl's AV Pics
2002 Pewter Z-66 CWGRL Avalanche
Born 5/01  Bought 6/01
Frame date:  May 26, 2001

More of Texascwgrl's AV Pics

Rocky07

• Best, Most AVersatile AVehicle on the Planet
« Reply #198 on: 03/13/08 02:00 PM »

Driver's side: Tie down straps, windshield squeegy, spot light, maglite, towel, gloves, socket set, and flat tire plug kit

Passenger side: Tailer hitch and ball, jumper cables, jerk strap, 2 umbrellas, bed-panel "bra", qt of Mobile 1, and spare fan belts
'07 LTZ Avalanche-"Rocky II"
'02 Z71 Avalanche-"Rocky I"
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'68 Mustang Coupe (under restoration)
'80 John Deere 2040

thefuzz4

• TheFuzz4.net
« Reply #199 on: 03/14/08 07:37 PM »

Drivers side is empty for cooler.  Going to try that out this summer when it warms up a little more
Passenger side: Tire changing kit, jumper cables, and my Ice and snow brush.  I've been digging around the garage for other stuff to put in there my friends can't believe how much storage there is in the AV.
Jason
Webmaster of TheFuzz4.  net
Were going to be HUGE
2003 AV 1500 4x4
Mods Include
K&N Air Filter (No Cold Air Kit....Yet)
Amber DRL's
FTDRL
Hi All

fsuaRez

« Reply #200 on: 03/14/08 09:25 PM »

rightside = jumpercables, hitch and ball, absorber to dry car

leftside = a 45 caliber pistol and a couple clips, and more banana clips for the AK in the trunk,  :4:you never know when the sh!ts going to hit the fan

03 Avalanche z66

themoo

« Reply #201 on: 03/17/08 07:50 AM »

jumper cables in the passenger side (no idea how to use them) and the other side is empty!
my avalanche is better than yours!

Terrence R McManus

• Charter Member
« Reply #202 on: 04/13/08 04:30 PM »

Maglite attached to the top of the saddle bag, collapseable shovel, jumper cables, HD air compressor with extension 12v cable, tarp, blanket, first aid kit, bottled water, multi wrench and multi tip screw driver, poncho, and walking staff.

For en eagle scout, the AV is the ultimate swiss army knife and lives up to "Be Prepared"

Book

« Reply #203 on: 04/13/08 05:46 PM »

tool box, jumper cables, receiver hitch & ball and chain& boomers for hauling the Cadillac or any of the kids cars that breakdown..
2005 Avalanche, Regency conversion, heated leather, carbon fiber trim, rear DVD, clear tail lights, Quarter windows.

54 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60

TERMN8R

• 2010 BCS Champions
« Reply #204 on: 04/18/08 12:24 PM »

paper towels, toilet paper, first aid kit, jumper cables, paper targets, hearing protection, furniture polish (for the plastic), that's all I can think of right now.
2004 DGM Z-66, HP Tuners, PLD, WB O2, K&N intake kit, MSD wires, Delco iridiums, Flowmaster Force II, 110,000 miles and counting.

tinman13

« Reply #205 on: 04/18/08 02:15 PM »

All my cleaning supplies  so i always have em with me. Cant fortget some jumpers, tow strap and a come along never know when you'll need em :P :thumbsup:
What dont kill you only makes you stronger!!!
                  GOT BALLS?

woodchuck

• 2003 Avalanche Z71
    • WoodchuckCanuck.com
« Reply #206 on: 05/21/08 09:56 AM »

squirrels ...dirty little basturds. :E: :E:  They chewed through tarps and a wool blanket, pee'd all over it, what a stink.
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.WoodchuckCanuck.com

MooseAlanche

« Reply #207 on: 05/21/08 02:45 PM »

squirrels ...dirty little basturds. :E: :E:  They chewed through tarps and a wool blanket, pee'd all over it, what a stink.
How did the get in the there  :o
Pete
05 Black Avalanche 5.3L, Z71, Cladded, Chrome Brush Bar, Speed Grille, SS Nerf Bars, Fire & Ice Tailgate LED, Lund Bug Shield, Putco Tailgate Handle Cover, K&N #77 Cold Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, MagnaFlow SS CatBack. Since Joining CAFC: Amber FTDRL, LED Sail Panel Lights, Amber LED Grille Lights, Door Pocket LED's, Mag Lite, 3rd Brake & Tailgate Decals, Cargo Light, Billet Gas Door, Tailgate Cup Holders, Backup Cam, I Pod2car, WoLo Horn, PlasmaGlow Xeon Bulbs, Window Tint, Tailgate E-Z Up, HyperTech

woodchuck

• 2003 Avalanche Z71
    • WoodchuckCanuck.com
« Reply #208 on: 05/21/08 03:39 PM »

How did the get in the there  :o

The rodents get in through the hole cut in the wall of the compartment where the puck light is recessed. Plenty of room for a squirrel or similar sized rodent can house up over the winter.
Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
http://www.WoodchuckCanuck.com

silverrider

« Reply #209 on: 05/22/08 08:42 AM »

Passenger side--First aid kit, Jumper cables
Driver side--Fire extinguisher, Mag light, Reciever hitch,Trailer light adapter.
2005 Avalanche Silver Birch Metallic Z66 5.3L on 20's, Billet Grille inserts,Smoked Bug Shield and Rain Guard,Sail Panel Led Lights, FT Amber DRL,s, All 4 on High,Smoked Tail Lights, Bed Slide, Blue Underbody Light Kit, Mountain Decal in Back Window

Rocky07

« Reply #210 on: 05/22/08 10:45 AM »

............Fire extinguisher.......

silverrider.......that's a really good idea.  gonna get me one today
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'80 John Deere 2040

irontrain

• CAFCNA Global Moderator
  • Chicago BULLS #1
« Reply #211 on: 05/22/08 11:00 AM »

silverrider.......that's a really good idea.  gonna get me one today

I found mine for less than $6.00 at an Ace hardware. Very easy mod. :thumbsup:

This space for rent

Rocky07

« Reply #212 on: 05/22/08 11:07 AM »

I found mine for less than $6.00 at an Ace hardware. Very easy mod. :thumbsup:

Irontrain....that is a really good idea too.  I like that.   I think I will get one for each saddlebag lid.  turn them around facing the rear, leave my doors open and remotely release them when getting up on the expressway.  It would be the first AV with a "CONTRAIL"....ever!
'64 1/2 Mustang Rag-top
'66 Mustang Coupe
'80 John Deere 2040

tines28

« Reply #213 on: 05/23/08 06:24 AM »

Fire ext.
Flashlight
batteries
emer. blanket
cleaning supplies
case with wrenches
2 cases of sockets
case cordless drill
case with fat ties
hitch
air compressor
jumper cables
knee pads
gloves
hand saw

Troublemaker

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • NY NY DC PA
« Reply #214 on: 05/28/08 12:16 PM »

I have a pair of jumper cables, a hacksaw, the tire-changing tools (not the jack - the other stuff), a couple wrenches, bungee cords, and several MODS that I haven't gotten the chance to install yet (tailgate lock, etc...)
Click the pic to listen along!

pksav

« Reply #215 on: 05/31/08 07:00 PM »

tow/recovery strap, 100' of 1/2" nylon line, cleaning supplies.

pk

kiser02av

« Reply #216 on: 06/08/08 09:06 PM »

extra oil, power steering fluid, tow ropes, jumper cables, extension cord, tie down straps, bungie cords, basic tools (one of those cheap benchtop pro tool kits with sockets and wrenches from Kmapart :laugh: (K Mart))
Pewter 2002 Z71. 3.73 gears. Straight piped exhaust.  Sony CD player. Alpine type-R speakers. Amber DRLs. Super White fog lights. Toyo Open Country ATs. Luminics Pure Blue low beams. FTDRL mod. Driving lights behind grille. All on high mod. NGK Iridium IX spark plugs. BWD spark plug wires. Weathertech window visors.

Eastside

• Street smarts?
« Reply #217 on: 06/10/08 02:16 PM »

Just a few Kilos, but don't tell the CHP untill I get home from Mexico! :4: Almost there :cool:
2004, Z66, Stainless Gibson Mid's & Magnaflow, Volant Air, Superchipped, Belltech spindles/shocks, 2/3 drop, Fabtech Stabilizer, Air lift, Snugtop shell, 23" OZ Rims, 305/40 tires, SSBC 14" Rotors, PIAA upgrade, Ambers, Billet grille, Clifford Matrix, 7" Kenwood touchsceen dash, I-Pod, XM, Bluetooth & Garmin realtime Nav.  2/7" LCD headrests, Lloyd's Mats and Meguiar's Products only.

avboy

« Reply #218 on: 09/04/08 09:23 PM »

3 hitchs and rope, tire plugs and air compressor.

VolDog

« Reply #219 on: 09/15/08 06:56 PM »

bag of ice and a 12 pack
'04 Silver & Naked

BWCastle

« Reply #220 on: 09/23/08 07:57 AM »

one side has my towing and recovery gear, the other i use as a cooler

tb4lkid

• True Boarders For Life
    • My Facebook
« Reply #221 on: 09/30/08 08:24 AM »

one side has my towing and recovery gear, the other i use as a cooler

same here, but in the side with the jack i also have extra oil and cleaning supplies

btw anyone have any good idea on how to get broken glass outta the compartments without cutting my hand?
2002 Chevy Avalanche SOM Z-71 4WD 5.3L  with 305/75/R17 tires
Mods: NO-Exhaust, Rims, Painted Interior, In-Dash Double Din DVD Player w/ 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 built into the Midgate with custom built box hooked up to a 1500 Watt Infinity Amp and All Infinity Speakers, Level 2 Racing Transmission w/ Stage 2 Shift Kit, K&N Air Intake Off-Road Series, Rancho Off-Roading Shocks, Raised Torsion Bars.
Soon To Be Mods: Painted Cladding and on board computer

NEPTUNE

« Reply #222 on: 09/30/08 08:40 AM »

same here, but in the side with the jack i also have extra oil and cleaning supplies

btw anyone have any good idea on how to get broken glass outta the compartments without cutting my hand?

Duck tape.  Works for everything. 
2008 Silverado 2500HD

Sold:-- 07 LT Z71, Ambers, Tint....The More is finally here..... 

old ride - 05 LT, Dark Gray Metallic, tinted windows, Bug Deflector, Amber lights, all on High, HID lights,  Backup Camera, Custom center console monitor, K&N FPK, and some Boom, Boom.

tb4lkid

• True Boarders For Life
    • My Facebook
« Reply #223 on: 09/30/08 01:07 PM »

duck tape my hand if i cut it or use duck tape and get the glass to stick to it
2002 Chevy Avalanche SOM Z-71 4WD 5.3L  with 305/75/R17 tires
Mods: NO-Exhaust, Rims, Painted Interior, In-Dash Double Din DVD Player w/ 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 built into the Midgate with custom built box hooked up to a 1500 Watt Infinity Amp and All Infinity Speakers, Level 2 Racing Transmission w/ Stage 2 Shift Kit, K&N Air Intake Off-Road Series, Rancho Off-Roading Shocks, Raised Torsion Bars.
Soon To Be Mods: Painted Cladding and on board computer

ckandcole

« Reply #224 on: 12/03/08 12:16 PM »

Drivers Side - first aid kit, tie down straps (for the Canoe), bungie cords (for hauling trash), bag of cable ties, an ice scraper and cleaning supplies.

Passengers Side - three small tackle boxes, 2 fishing poles (although one is my sons Scooby Doo Pole) and a dropcloth (plastic cheapie) for any deer I kill and haul home in my Av.  I don't want to get blood in the bed!

Side note - they are actually about 2 inches too short for my .270 and my muzzleloader, although a 10/22 or a Winchester 30/30 ought to fit fine!!

hd22

« Reply #225 on: 12/08/08 07:54 AM »

One side holds all the towing assessories, the other is for anything I don't want cluttering up the inside. 

jma152

• Modding, its an addiction.
« Reply #226 on: 12/08/08 08:03 AM »

tow straps, ball mount, breaker bar, tie down straps, bungie cords, d-shackles, socket set, jumper cables and other stuff I have lost track of.
2004 Silver avalanche wbh Z71 Amber DRL's, FTDRL, All-on-High,
LED Sail Panels, Black Light LEDs in overhead console and rear dome light, Rear LEDs, Black Bow tie, Line of Fire

AVortec

• MC Artworks
« Reply #227 on: 12/09/08 11:05 AM »

There's so many possibilities it's freaking me out  :P But, in the mean time, driver's side: I have ropes, bungee cords, ratchet straps. passenger side: previous owner's snow brush (thanks previous owner!). I'd still like to add a blanket, light, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, small shovel, tow strap, towels/chamois.

Wondering if cold/hot will affect the fire extinguisher's performance over time...
Currently without an Av - but looking.

Troublemaker

• NY NY DC PA
« Reply #228 on: 12/09/08 11:22 AM »

Wondering if cold/hot will affect the fire extinguisher's performance over time...

Hopefully you never have to find out!    :B:

jjeanes

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
« Reply #229 on: 12/12/08 06:38 PM »

everything on both sides. Trailer wiring, jumper cables, battery charger, 12v air pump, squeegee, fix-a-flat on passenger side;gloves, pruners, hand folding saw, folding army shovel, flashlight, trailer plug, vice grips, crescent wrench, window cleaner, paper towels, bandaids, duct tape, e-track hooks for trailer, and rope on the driver side!

HeyMyke

« Reply #230 on: 01/02/09 04:13 PM »

Drumsticks, bungee chords, snowboard gloves, and surf wax lol
06 Dark Blue Metallic WBH, Flowmaster s40 series single in/dual out exhaust, air force one cold-air intake system, Chevy OEM bowtie mud flaps

MooseAlanche

« Reply #231 on: 01/02/09 06:02 PM »

:welcome: to CAFCNA HeyMyke Where are you located  ???
Pete

Jenkcoast

« Reply #232 on: 01/17/09 02:48 PM »

Depending on the season, the left one could have fish, ducks, backstraps or beer. The right side has tow straps, jack, cordless impact, gloves, a grill type lighter, flares, air pump and a horseshoe kit (you never no when and for how long your could get stranded).

Aussie Red

• CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member
  • The Black Pearl
« Reply #233 on: 01/17/09 03:15 PM »

spiders ???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WILDFIRE

• I see...
« Reply #234 on: 01/17/09 03:45 PM »

spiders ???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
that's my grill and bowtie silly  :laugh:
sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out

Aussie Red

• The Black Pearl
« Reply #235 on: 01/17/09 03:49 PM »

I really do not know what is in them without getting on top of the bed to look in them lol

WILDFIRE

• I see...
« Reply #236 on: 01/17/09 04:02 PM »

I really do not know what is in them without getting on top of the bed to look in them lol
take a parachute and let us know  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pete05

« Reply #237 on: 01/17/09 04:26 PM »

I have a fire extinguisher now. :thumbsup: lol
05 cladded, steel front bumper with brush guard-no idea who makes it. it was on the av when bought and i like it!

Aussie Red

• The Black Pearl
« Reply #238 on: 01/17/09 04:42 PM »

take a parachute and let us know  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
NO NO !!  :laugh:

I have a fire extinguisher in mine too but as someone here pointed out to me once I think it was when Loggie put a fire out in someones car that I need a rope ladder mod or something to get it out . True fact since I can not see in them darn sure can't reach down in them  :laugh: :laugh:

MooseAlanche

« Reply #239 on: 01/17/09 05:16 PM »

NO NO !!  :laugh:

I have a fire extinguisher in mine too but as someone here pointed out to me once I think it was when Loggie put a fire out in someones car that I need a rope ladder mod or something to get it out . True fact since I can not see in them darn sure can't reach down in them  :laugh: :laugh:
Gee I wonder who it was that said that  ::)
Pete

WILDFIRE

• I see...
« Reply #240 on: 01/17/09 05:18 PM »

lmfao, watch out for her operatives Pete, they come disguised as sweet ladies   :laugh: :laugh:

Aussie Red

• The Black Pearl
« Reply #241 on: 01/17/09 10:20 PM »

Yup knew it was someone that was on my list  :laugh: :laugh:
You know you never
get off the list once you have made it right. Now as for the proxys I am working on Pete's trust me .

Jett1

« Reply #242 on: 01/24/09 04:28 PM »

The AV is still new to me I haven't been able to fit it out yet. it is too cold outside.
Plan on jumper cables and tire repair kit and a bottle opener.  :cheers:
05 z71 stock except ambers 07 Honda Pilot (Wifes)
Retired or DOA
67 Merc Cougar, 89 Ply Sundance, 92 K1500, 72 Chev Monti Carlo,  89 Ponti 6000, 92 Merc Sable, 94 Chev Blazer(fullsize), 75 K5Blazer, 89 Maz 626, 98 Olds LSS, 99 Chev Burbon4x4, 91 Chev S104x4

AVnFun

• find me on Face Book (waynedeckrealtor)
« Reply #243 on: 01/24/09 04:33 PM »

Not what I thought....

RisingPhoenix

• Myspace
« Reply #244 on: 01/24/09 04:45 PM »

In one side I keep synthetic oil, truck washing supplies and fire put-outer. In the other a tarp, various bungee cords, and tie downs for my dirt bike.

I have been know to take some of these items out to hide other things  :cool:

03whitediamond

« Reply #245 on: 01/25/09 06:36 AM »

Yes isn't amazing all the great and important gizmo's and variety of unusual gadgets an AVy owner can pack into the side saddle bags. If anyone ever wondered what a Cowboy kept in his saddlebags and could imagine those items being in a blender as he galloped off into the sunset...................then they'd have a pretty good picture of the contents of mine.  :4:

Badge767

« Reply #246 on: 01/25/09 06:47 AM »

Only thing I've thrown in mine so far is a fire extinguisher and one of those "California Car Duster" things!  :thumbsup:
"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"

2005 Z71 WBH Dark Spiral Gray Metallic, Flowmaster 40 Delta-Flow w/side exit duals, K&N Drop-In Air Filter Element, OEM LTZ 20s (winter), OEM 2015 Silverado PVD 20s (summer)

AVnFun

• find me on Face Book (waynedeckrealtor)
« Reply #247 on: 01/25/09 07:09 AM »

Seriously, I have to go look and see what treasures are in there... I know I have some cleaning stuff and a dog leash, but beyond that no clue.

arobinson86

« Reply #248 on: 01/31/09 11:16 AM »

shovel, Axe, chain, MRE-s, road flares, cleaning stuff, gun when camping, just about anything you would need to survive if a asteroid hit the earth.
04 Z-71  Avalanche=land boat

GulfstreamV

• Do it Right the First Time or Don't Do it At All.
« Reply #249 on: 01/31/09 11:44 AM »

Tie down cords, rope, bungees, tow strap, jumper cables, plastic garbage bags (to wrap junk up that needs to go inside the bed on my steel slide without ruining the carpet) and shovel in one side.  Nothing in the other side yet.   Still need to replace the fire extinguisher since my original bottle went the way of the do-do and died. 

Deneille

« Reply #250 on: 02/10/09 02:21 PM »

Hi.  :B: I have bottled water, first aid kit, cleaning rags and solutions, tools and in the summer ,,,,,cold beer on ice...of course!!! :thumbsup:

[/quote] :B:

Shanes 02 Avalanche

• Teach your children well, they are the future.
    • Fcaebook
« Reply #251 on: 02/10/09 06:25 PM »

Mine is more what don't I have. I carry 1 set of headlight bulbs, DRLs, and Fog Lights. I have a Mag Light, Fire extinguisher, 1/2" 24" Breaker bar, 1/2 drive Impact sockets, Assortmen of pliers and screwdrivers, First aid kit, bottled water, cleaning rags, trailer hitch, 1 quart of oil Power steering fluid & Brake fluid. I also carry in the bed a 6 ton floor jack, 2- 6 ton jack stands, 125 piece Craftsman socket set, Shovel, wheel chokes, 2 camp chairs, rain coat duster & a matt for crawling under cars.

I like to be prepared. I have never needed any of it for my Av, but it has come in handy for other people. Or for when i happen to purchase a mod out of town and have time to install it.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
.....Abr

fishercat

« Reply #252 on: 02/11/09 07:30 PM »

A big old ice scraper!!  I sure do love Minot!!!
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500

HeyMyke

« Reply #253 on: 03/23/09 03:44 PM »

Tire chains
drumstix
surf wax
wetsuit
GM tire kit
Ratchet Straps
Bungee chords
Tow hitch

:needhug:
06 Dark Blue Metallic WBH, Flowmaster s40 series single in/dual out exhaust, air force one cold-air intake system, Chevy OEM bowtie mud flaps

dmlingo

« Reply #254 on: 03/23/09 03:59 PM »

Well, my side has hitch accessories, tools, jumper cables etc....wife's side has reusable shopping bags and an umbrella...LOL

Batleth

• Bat'Leth Cha Bo
« Reply #255 on: 01/20/10 12:20 PM »

Mine
Port side: emergency stuff, 4 way tire iron, flares,WD 40, etc.
Starboard side: Trailer stuff, hitch, different size balls, blocks, WD40 (yea in both sides I live on Oregon coast, it is as close to sunblock as we will ever need!)
Whats in yours?
Never Stop Exploring.
It is better to die on your feet
Then to live on your knees.

northidahoav

• '02 Summit White Z71
« Reply #256 on: 01/20/10 01:20 PM »

In passenger side - first aid kit, hatchet, spare coat, spare towel, bungie cords, and jumper cables.... stay prepared right!?

In the driver's side - nothing....that is my cooler!!!!!!!!

2002 Avalanche Z71.

chAVey

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • Ahh!
« Reply #257 on: 01/20/10 01:47 PM »

Actually, I think there are a couple threads on this.

But I'll go along.  As you can see, I'm set up for most roadside emergencies:
  • Drivers Side: Tie downs, Rope, Tow Strap, tool kit (wrenches, sockets, etc), Towels, MagLight
  • Passenger Side: 1st Aid Kit, Snow Chains, Duct Tape, Roadside Emergency Kit (flares, jumper cables, etc.), Tow Ball, Fire Extinguisher.
  • In the bed: Shovel (mounted on bed wall), 2-bladed Axe (mounted on bed wall), Electrical emergency kit (connectors, wires, soldering iron, multimeter, light bulbs, diodes, resistors, LEDs, shrink wrap, etc - you know - for those "emergency" mods!)

silver_bullet

• Life happens while you are making other plans.
« Reply #258 on: 01/20/10 01:59 PM »

Driver Side:  Snow brush, The Club, squeege, extra pair work boots, extra hard hat and safety gear for responding to a work emergency.
Passanger side: tow rope, hitch receiver, 1 7/8" and 2" ball, ratchet straps, extra rope, gloves, towels.

Under rear seat: First Aid Kit, extra flash light, fire extinguisher.

And there is still room for more in all three locations!   :thumbsup:
2004 Avalanche SS, Silver Birch Metallic. Mods: Superchip, K & N Cold Air Intake, Air Horn, Vent Visors/Bug Deflector, Chrome Door Handles/Mirror Covers/Gas Door Cover, Chrome Bar Hitch Step w/LED, Blue LED DRL's, LED Exterior Lights, LED Interior Lights, Billet Grill, Billet Bumper Grills, Euro Tail Lights, Cadillac Side Mirrors, '07 20" Wheels, shaved roof rack, Dual 3" exhaust with flowmaster 30 series mufflers, more mods to come...

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #259 on: 02/06/10 09:41 PM »

Driver's side: 150 PSI 1.6 gallon Train Horn Air  Compressor & quick connect air hose.

Passenger side: Just all your emergency stuff like jumpers, chains, tire tools, tow rope, come along and anything I want to hide from the wife.  :4:
« Last Edit: 02/07/10 06:30 PM by Z66Modder »

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

Sexy Z71

« Reply #260 on: 02/06/10 09:47 PM »

Mine are usually empty, but I think they are one of the coolest things to have.  When I go camping I put extra supplies in there and they are great for holding fish.  They are easy to rinse out.

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #261 on: 02/06/10 09:56 PM »

Mine are usually empty, but I think they are one of the coolest things to have.  When I go camping I put extra supplies in there and they are great for holding fish.  They are easy to rinse out.

Welcome Sexy Z71  :welcome:

Not sure about putting fish in there, but they make great coolers with the built in drain holes.  :thumbsup:

Have you posted about yourself in the Region V area threads yet?

Sexy Z71

« Reply #262 on: 02/06/10 10:22 PM »

I think so. I'm kinda new to this whole posting thing.  I'm in Region IV though.

Welcome Sexy Z71  :welcome:

Not sure about putting fish in there, but they make great coolers with the built in drain holes.  :thumbsup:

Have you posted about yourself in the Region V area threads yet?

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #263 on: 02/06/10 10:58 PM »

I think so. I'm kinda new to this whole posting thing.  I'm in Region IV though.

Yep my bad. There are so many in my region, I thought Colorado was in there too.       :laugh:

rene

« Reply #264 on: 02/07/10 12:52 PM »

100 feet of nylon rope , warm hat, tire plug kit

konigstigerii

« Reply #265 on: 02/09/10 01:20 PM »

Currently I have in the  passenger one: A large tool kit, the spare tire tools, and a ammo can full of straps and bungee cords, and a fire extinguisher, with more room to spare. Driver side has an ammo can full of tape, epoxy and random stuff that can be used to fix things, a full sized axe, hi-lift jack (handle, mechanism, base, but not the long steel beam that it jacks up on as it is way too long), tow strap, extra receiver shackle, and a battery jumper pack. I Still have plenty of room in this one too, probably will put an additional strap in it.

I do want to buy that fancy hi-lift kit that has a shovel axe and pick all in one, but it is quite spendy, and probably just modify my shovel to do the same thing so it will fit in the compartment as well.
-Sterling

2004 Silver Birch WBH Z71 4x4 LT

Texascwgrl

• Charter Member
  • Pavement Princess
    • AV pics
« Reply #266 on: 02/19/10 09:45 AM »

Yep my bad. There are so many in my region, I thought Colorado was in there too.       :laugh:

Yeah, dont be taking members from my region!   :laugh:

J/K  :A:

Texascwgrl's AV Pics
2002 Pewter Z-66 CWGRL Avalanche
Born 5/01  Bought 6/01
Frame date:  May 26, 2001

More of Texascwgrl's AV Pics

JVZL1

• Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY
« Reply #267 on: 02/19/10 11:43 PM »

Sorry to the AVY's east of me. It hit mid 60's to day 8).
Driver side My F##D kit,(all goods to help stranded F##DS)
Tow equipment, road side emergence equipment.
Passenger Empty took out my winter survival goods out.
Summer trips,driver side dryice daddies drinks :cheers:,passenger dryice kiddie drinks 8).
JV
:drive:
« Last Edit: 02/19/10 11:52 PM by JVZL1 »
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray
 03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded

JV

ArkAvy

« Reply #268 on: 02/23/10 03:57 AM »

Only had the Av for a month and already discovered the versatility of these things.
Passenger side: Two tow straps, jumpers, bag of lighters/matches, several D-rings, and trailer harness
Drivers side: Friday night-ice and "party favors". Saturday morning- ex-girlfriends vomit................ :D:
2004 Z-71 Avy Cladded

Strobin'01

• relationships s**k
« Reply #269 on: 02/23/10 06:12 AM »

Added two new things. Bought a reflective green vest and a collapseable reflective triangle in case I break down. Bought them on clearance at target. 

Why does my life go great for a while then spirals downward?

Shanes 02 Avalanche

• Fcaebook
« Reply #270 on: 02/23/10 06:40 AM »

I recently added a tire step to the drivers side. This thing comes in handy for getting into the engine compartment. I am planning on cleaning them out this spring and take pics of all the stuff I carry in mine.
I did a brake job on the rear brakes this weekend and the only thing i needed from the garage was the jack and stands, everything else was in the passenger tool bin.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
.....Abr

bmarleyzq8

« Reply #271 on: 03/02/10 09:31 AM »

Just filled one up a few days ago. 

reciever
jumper cables
tow strap
ratchet straps X 4
duct tape
electrical tape
zip ties
leatherman
flash light
a couple pairs of gloves
some extra 14 gauge wire
2 extra trailer light ends

and all of it fit in one compartment.  I put everything in a combination of 4 seperate backpack like bags.
2006 Summit White Z71 with cladding, Sun & Sound, and 20" d-backs

Bruizza

• Charge Harder
« Reply #272 on: 03/02/10 07:28 PM »

Tow straps
ratchet straps
jumper cables
mag lite
Current: 2011 LTZ 4WD black on black with 26" Black with machine face Dub skillZ wheel.  Black grille.  Spectre CAI, Gibson Shorty Headers, Gibson catback exhaust, belltech 2/3 drop, Matte Metallic Dark Grey wrap with orange logos, Black Brushed Steel wrapped interior pieces, 4 kicker comp r 10s in a midgate box, ppi 7000.1 amp, Pioneer 4000nex HU, JL audio components/door speakers, tint, LEDs

Sold 05 Z-71, Spectre CAI, 2 10s under the back seat, DVD HU, Xbox 360, 24" Big Papi rims

Arvada CO

chAVey

• Ahh!
« Reply #273 on: 03/02/10 08:45 PM »

How about Locking Lid Supports!  He He Heh!  :4:  How To Mod: Replace a Broken Saddlebag Wire Cable! With Locking Supports!

Kraegan

« Reply #274 on: 03/19/10 11:32 AM »

The things in there now are not intersting; however, I do remember what the first thing I put in my driver side saddlebag was.

1 Bag of Ice
24 cans of Bud Light

Rolling Ice Chest, #142 Reasons AVs are supperior to all other trucks
Kraegan

2002 Chevy Avalanche Base Model no frills just lots of fun.

70rs04z71

« Reply #275 on: 05/10/10 06:05 AM »

Let's see, being the mysterious coolant leak is going on right now I have a jug of antifreeze mixed 50/50.  Jumper cables, deer scent, rattle bag, winter gloves, work gloves, blanket, oil checking rag & ratchet straps.
70 RS Camaro
04 Z71 Avalanche
04 Durango
07 Rinker192
09 550 Polaris XP

Scaredu

• My Website
« Reply #276 on: 05/10/10 10:25 PM »

jumper cables, ratchet straps.. handle bar tie downs for my motorcycle.. fire extinguisher and fireworks.. well the mortars kind.. never know when u need to do random firework display
2004 Chevy Avalanche
Fully Bagged FBSS
Nathan K5LA Airchime Horn
1/2 Airlines and SMC Valves
12 Gallon Tank
Dual 480 Viair Compressor @ 200psi

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #277 on: 05/10/10 10:36 PM »

jumper cables, ratchet straps.. handle bar tie downs for my motorcycle.. fire extinguisher and fireworks.. well the mortars kind.. never know when u need to do random firework display

Too wet around here to store gunpowder in my bags, but I like your thinking!  :thumbsup:

Got a video online somewhere's of that Nathan in your rig?

mgoodwin

« Reply #278 on: 05/11/10 05:26 AM »

Kelp all my tools in the compartment, not to mention jumper cables, car cleaning supplies, and straps my favorite Is the 200 psi compressor in my drivers side compartment that powers my train horns. Gotta love it.
2003 avalanche 2500 2WD 8.1L V8, custom flowmaster true dual exhaust, full time DRL's, black painted bowtie, K&N FIPK Gen. 2 cold air intake, 5% tint all around, custom grill, 265 knobby tires, pioneer avic-d3 head unit with dvd player and rear tv with backup cam.

Scaredu

• My Website
« Reply #279 on: 05/11/10 06:35 AM »

Kelp all my tools in the compartment, not to mention jumper cables, car cleaning supplies, and straps my favorite Is the 200 psi compressor in my drivers side compartment that powers my train horns. Gotta love it.

What train horn do u have on ur ride? And whered u buy it from??

Too wet around here to store gunpowder in my bags, but I like your thinking!  :thumbsup:

Got a video online somewhere's of that Nathan in your rig?

Heres a picture of the horns mounted underneath where my spare use to be..
2004 Chevy Avalanche
Fully Bagged FBSS
12 Gallon Tank

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #280 on: 05/11/10 06:50 AM »

:jacked:

What train horn do u have on ur ride? And whered u buy it from??

Heres a picture of the horns mounted underneath where my spare use to be..

Very nice! You have filters on the front, very smart.

Mine are hidden facing aft, no room under the hood. You need to join our Train Horn nation thread. Justy do a search on here.

Mine is just an Ebay kit, not a like real Nathan.  :A:  But my compressor is in my left saddle bag.

Here is a video link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8epQVcFZNc

mgoodwin

« Reply #281 on: 05/11/10 06:59 AM »

They are the Siberian express by walo. 16 14 and 12 in trumpets. With the 200 psi compressor it is loud as hell. I like your setup under the spare tire a lot. I have a 2500 so I didn't have many options where to mount it. Under the spare tire is another gas tank and with the 8.1 under the hood is out of the question.  They are mounted underneath right below where my feet are. Not a lot of choices again. Like the screens. Great idea. Bet that's loud as hell. 
« Last Edit: 05/11/10 07:03 AM by mgoodwin »
2003 avalanche 2500 2WD 8.1L V8, custom flowmaster true dual exhaust, full time DRL's, black painted bowtie, K&N FIPK Gen. 2 cold air intake, 5% tint all around, custom grill, 265 knobby tires, pioneer avic-d3 head unit with dvd player and rear tv with backup cam.

Scaredu

• My Website
« Reply #282 on: 05/11/10 07:06 AM »

Very nice! You have filters on the front, very smart.

Mine are hidden facing aft, no room under the hood. You need to join our Train Horn nation thread. Justy do a search on here.

Mine is just an Ebay kit, not a like real Nathan.  :A:  But my compressor is in my left saddle bag.

Here is a video link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8epQVcFZNc

Ill check out that thread thanks..
Nice avy.. whered did u get the remote setup for it? Because  I am lookin to do that with mine as well..

They are the Siberian express by walo. 16 14 and 12 in trumpets. With the 200 psi compressor it is loud as hell. I like your setup under the spare tire a lot. I have a 2500 so I didn't have many options where to mount it. Under the spare tire is another gas tank and with the 8.1 under the hood is out of the question.  They are mounted underneath right below where my feet are. Not a lot of choices again. Like the screens. Great idea. Bet that's loud as hell. 

Yes these things are LOUD! and I like honking them in tunnels and parking garages lol.. echos are insane!
what compressor are you running? I have dual viar 480c. They do 200psi and fill my 12gallon tank pretty quickly.. Altho I really want an EDC.. that would be awesome!
2004 Chevy Avalanche
Fully Bagged FBSS
12 Gallon Tank

mgoodwin

« Reply #283 on: 05/11/10 07:22 AM »

Not sure of the brand. 200 psi and 3 gallon air tank. Put it next to our fire engine and had a little test to see which was louder. My avy topped the engine no question.

02av8.1

• http://www.cantstop.usana.com
« Reply #284 on: 05/11/10 03:58 PM »

stuff i probly havent seen in 5 years! but what i know of ,seeing hows its a 2500, driver side has 2 quarts oil for truck 1 quart oil for polaris scrambler 500 ,chain lube,a spare set of plug wires,a spare in cab filter and a spare air filter and rags and gloves....pass side has 2 big ratchet straps (18 wheeler type), tow chain,a couple kites for kids stuck way up in there, 3' cheater pipe (needed to get tires off, spark plugs out and what not lol) a hammer and a few tools, and two receiver hitches 2" and 1 5/8 
02lanch 2500 8.1L 496cid, 4:10,Hypertech,magnaflow,denso plugs,18" with toyo a/t,K&N,tornado fuel saver,all options i think except tv. owned 5-6 years have all most 140,000. 05 yukon, 95 maxum 2400scr (Half/Hers),02 scrambler,79 malibu classic and 73 blazer.

Z66Modder

• Region V Area
« Reply #285 on: 05/11/10 07:37 PM »

Ill check out that thread thanks..
Nice avy.. whered did u get the remote setup for it? Because  I am lookin to do that with mine as well..

Yes these things are LOUD! and I like honking them in tunnels and parking garages lol.. echos are insane!
what compressor are you running? I have dual viar 480c. They do 200psi and fill my 12gallon tank pretty quickly.. Altho I really want an EDC.. that would be awesome!

It's a Pilot brand 4 channel remote that I go off Amizon.com for $30. I have my strobes hooked to it too.

Troublemaker

• NY NY DC PA
« Reply #286 on: 05/11/10 09:07 PM »

It's a Pilot brand 4 channel remote that I go off Amizon.com for $30. I have my strobes hooked to it too.

Pep Boys sells them for about the same price.  I got mine there.

Scaredu

• My Website
« Reply #287 on: 05/11/10 11:02 PM »

Thats the price I was lookin for! thanks ordering it now! hows the range on it?
2004 Chevy Avalanche
Fully Bagged FBSS
12 Gallon Tank

Shanes 02 Avalanche

• Fcaebook
« Reply #288 on: 05/12/10 11:03 AM »

I have the room all set aside for when I get mine. Having a 5.3 and electric fas with a CAI, I have enough room to mount the horns behind hte front skid plate. I can actually stand on the cross member in my engine compartment. Now after I move I can get my horns. I like the Siberian Express ones, they are either 160 or 180Db. I was going to put the compressor in the drivers side saddle bag.
.....Abr

mgoodwin

« Reply #289 on: 05/12/10 01:10 PM »

That's exactly what I did. I mounted the compressor on a piece of wood that fits perfectly in the far end of the saddlebag, then mounted that to the plastic. I took the light out of that side of the bed to mount the oher side. I mounted the tank on the inside drivers side of the bed. Drilled a hole for the wires and air line. Looks real clean. I ended up leaving the light out of that side to give the compressor a little more ventilation.

twiztd

• 91B Combat Medic!!!
« Reply #290 on: 05/12/10 04:45 PM »

cleaning supplies and some tools in one side and M.R.E.'s in the other..
born: 7Sep09

Black cladded 2003 Z-71, sunroof, leather, BOSE Lux, steering wheel controls, all power options, black bow tie, nerf bars, carbon fiber flame mirror cover, black LED tail lights, Kenwood KVT-516, audiobahn amp, 2 x 12 mbquartz subs, K&N 77 chrome CAI

im4blue2

« Reply #291 on: 06/14/10 10:53 AM »

Tools.

although the cooler idea is an excellent one!

MightyMouse

« Reply #292 on: 06/15/10 10:47 AM »

Golf accessories & a jacket or two in one side, tools in the other. In Winter, I switch the golf stuff for the blanket, jumper cables, breakdown kit, etc...
'07 Dark Blue Metallic LTZ 4X4, Custom dual exhaust, Injen PowerFlow CAI, Sunroof, Chrome door handles, grill, and mirrors, Ambers, Molded mud flaps, Color-matched GM bug deflector, DiabLEW Predator tune, Billet front & rear bowties, Chrome tailgate handle, Chrome side molding, 22x9.5 Liquid Metal Magma's wrapped in GY Fortera SL 305/40R22 rubber

FatherAzmodius

« Reply #293 on: 07/08/10 07:05 PM »

Driver's side.......tow chains and straps, trailer hitch, a small survival and first aid kit, bolt cutters and machete ( in case the zombies attack ), air compressor, tire plugging kit, and fix a flat.

Passenger side.......a few quarts of oil, cleaning supplies, and a small tool kit.
Where did you say we were going, and why am I in this handbasket?

MattUSAF

• "What are you doing to that damn thing now...."
« Reply #294 on: 07/09/10 04:39 AM »

All of my roadside equipment in the passenger side (compressor, first aid, tie downs, jumper cables, tools, rope, etc..). Towels, kid wipes, armor all, more rope, and other random stuff in the drivers.
'03 Avy 66 - 5.3L - Onyx Black - Non-clad
Refurb Of All Plastics Back To Black - Smoked Tails - 24" Pacers - Custom "Avalanche" Third Brake Light Vinyl - Black Bowtie - Amber DRLs - Sail Panel LEDs

Upcoming - LED Tails - Black and Chrome headlights - Chrome tail gate handle/mirror covers - Up to suggestions!

wickedjester

« Reply #295 on: 07/15/10 05:43 PM »

JUMPER CABLES, WRATCHET  STRAPS, CARGO NET, TWINE, TRAILER HITCH, AND SPRAY LUBRICANT AND CLEANERS

gunner65

« Reply #296 on: 07/15/10 06:37 PM »

Will the side boxes hold a rifle?  what are the dimensions?  I pick an 02 up Saturday if all goes well.
Equality is the share of every one at their advent upon earth, and equality is also theirs when placed beneath it.

Troublemaker

• NY NY DC PA
« Reply #297 on: 07/15/10 06:57 PM »

Will the side boxes hold a rifle?  what are the dimensions?  I pick an 02 up Saturday if all goes well.

I was able to get a BB gun into the side compartment.

irish21

« Reply #298 on: 08/05/10 02:29 PM »

I have all my tools and straps to haul and fix anything I need on my apprtments. Because of my 04 Avy, I am not a slum lord...  :laugh:

Love my Av...
Shawn

2004 AV, K&N CAI, starting more mods....

BCmountaineer

• CarDomain
« Reply #299 on: 08/05/10 08:05 PM »

Left side: jugs of oil sometimes drinks/water
Right side: tow rope, first aid kit including food, water and blankets and basic tools
2004 Avalanche 1500 Z71 WBH: Factory BOSE Sound System, GM Bug/Rain Guards, GM Side steps, Amber DRLs, K&N CAI/FIPK, Dual Electric Fan Conversion...

Region VI - Vancouver, British Columbia

Terc

• This is why fish people do not exist.
« Reply #300 on: 08/09/10 03:12 PM »

Left: a light bulb that will not work

Right: A crowbar and a pair of gloves.

1avalanche2go

« Reply #301 on: 09/01/10 04:29 AM »

two pieces of wood incase i have to get out of snow, or lift the truck in case i have to change the tire, some extra screwdrivers or flatheads, two flashlights, water, tie downs, and on the other side i have some spare shirts and a warm fleece jacket.  :4:

AV 2500

• CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member
« Reply #302 on: 09/08/10 03:41 PM »

driver side tools, passenger side chain and straps.
2003 black Avalanche 2500, Mods include Amber DRL, black bowtie,  Drawtite 41930 rear hitch, front mount receiver hitch, gooseneck hitch, brush guard, KC'S,  dual batteries, Flowmaster dual exhaust, hypertech tuner, 180 t-stat, K\N intake, bug deflector and rear bumper cup holders.
1969 Olds 442
1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible

stogen

• CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member
  • is that goat pee ,no its goat gatorade.
« Reply #303 on: 09/20/10 08:06 PM »

sounds like my wife
black claded 03 z71 magnaflow dual exhaust, leveled,rancho 9000xl shocks cusom made brush guard , amber drls, viper alarm, 20" eagle alloy rims on bfg ta/ko 285/55/20..MSD wires,  k&n 77 series cold air intake, gmt 900 brake mod, Blackbear tune.. (2012 silvy waiting to be modded!!!)

RipTombstone

« Reply #304 on: 09/30/10 12:52 PM »

I have a case of water in the drivers side box, inside of a trash bag. The trash bag holds some of the melting ice/water and lets the ice stay a little longer. The ice will last a day or two, but after that you definately need to add more ice.
Too bad there is not an insulation mod for it.

The other side has a long collapsible fishing pole, the tool kit, tow strap, a small trash can for trash, jumper cables, and numerous other goodies forgotten about.
RipT

Old Blue

« Reply #305 on: 10/03/10 09:10 PM »

driver side tools, passenger side chain and straps.
Sounds like what I've got in mine.

blue2002

• The Best Of GM
« Reply #306 on: 10/04/10 05:48 PM »

Driver Side- Jumper Cables, Folding Cooler, Hitch
Passenger Side- Spare Headlight Bulbs Highs,Lows,Fogs  Tie down Straps, Flash Light (Not Maglight ....... Its Coming) 7way to 4way Trailer Plug.
2002 Indigo Blue Fully Loaded
Backup Cam
Aux Backup Lamps
Ambers
Cobra CB
Factory Front Flares (Rears to come soon)
Factory mudflaps

Trey

• Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.
« Reply #307 on: 10/08/10 03:26 PM »

Compressor and tank for the train horn.
2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.

deter

« Reply #308 on: 10/08/10 08:25 PM »

I currently have nothing in my side compartments.... I need to change this
-Deter

2004 Arrival Blue Avalanche Z71 5.3L

brd1016

« Reply #309 on: 10/11/10 08:36 AM »

Tools, Tow strap, and hitch items. Am definately gonna try the cooler idea!
04 Z71 with Cladding 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MT Tires

BUZZ66

« Reply #310 on: 03/27/11 07:57 AM »

On the driver side i carry windshield washer, motor oil. And in the winter time i have a little shovel , a winshield scrapper, bottle of gas line and i left room for extra winter clothes:) On the passenger side i carry an emergency kit, jumper cables,winter or summer wiper blades, tool kit, salt or sand:) :thumbsup:

dkyle

• Facebook
« Reply #311 on: 03/27/11 09:55 AM »

Drivers side still has some bottled water in it from my trip to Panama city (by the way i put about 16lbs of ice in there at home in Boaz and still had some left when I got to the hotel at the beach) Passenger side has a air hose, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, and some air fittings.
2005 DGM Z71 WBH.

mhirz22

« Reply #312 on: 03/28/11 05:59 AM »

Side with jack (locked) - all emergency stuff (jumper cables, flairs, outlet tire pump, straps, chains (for pulling out Jeeps  :'( when off-roading, ... etc).   Compartment still has additional room.

Other side has extra clothes and boots - for winter.  Will be changing to Summer Stuff (golf shoes, sneakers, fold up-cooler ...)

:P WHO NEEDS A CAR's TRUNK  :P

If only my clubs would fit, sounds just about right.
2003 Z66 Black

old-chevy-dude

« Reply #313 on: 03/28/11 06:18 AM »

Drivers Side,

600 CCA Jump Start Battery Pack (I hate jumping people with my car, rather use the battery pack), Jumper Cables, Tow Rope, Tie Downs, Hitch Receiver, 2 Flash Lights and 2 LED Work Lights, Small Tool box with basic tools (Phillips, flat head, ratchet and some vehicle specific sockets, wire cutters/crimpers, zip ties, and 2 Bowie Knifes).

Passenger Side,

Earthquake kit (blankets, MRE's, water, Batteries, etc), Large AAA First Aid Kit, Portable Air Compressor and Flat Tire Plug Kit.

also have a duffel in the bed with 3 days worth of clothes, TP, toiletries and such for me and the family in the event of an earthquake or flash flooding, having been caught in the aftermath of both here in CA in the past 20 years..

mickey

« Reply #314 on: 03/28/11 10:59 AM »

First of all...I call mine "saddlebags", and I use them as such...

Drivers side remains clean, stocked with bottled water, sodas, and when on a trip, then iced down and food on top...double zip-locked to stay dry.  If you plug the 2 drains with plumbers putty, the water doesn't drain much, so it stays cold longer, and water doesn't hurt the drinks on the bottom!   :cool:  Also, when you're done topping off with ice...put the crumpled, empty icebags on top of the ice...instant insulation, extending the ice life... :cool:

The passenger side saddlebag holds my tool kit, emergency gear, aid bag (retired paramedic), flares, large flashlight, jumper cables, blanket, leather and insulated gloves, bungee assortment, rope, fix a flat, backpackers wood saw(collapsable), and small "survival" kit with lots of small but usefull items, vacuum packed with a seal-a-meal.  If anyone is interested in the contents, I will share that on a later post!

:A: :A: :A: my 2004  Forrest Green  Z-71   4x4  just rolled over my first 100k  :B: Freakin' Avalanche  :A: :A: :A:

RipTombstone

« Reply #315 on: 03/30/11 06:14 AM »

Looks like a good setup Mickey.
Did you vac pac your bungees, gloves, and other vac pacable items? It will save some room for more stuff when they are compressed into a bag.

Good tip on the plumbers putty. How hard is it to remove should you need to?
RipT

mickey

« Reply #316 on: 03/30/11 06:45 AM »

The beauty of plumbers putty is that it is waterproof and doesn't stick much to plastic...it also doesn't stay in long as I pull it out after each trip.  I also don't push it in very far.  A ball the size of a pecan is about right!    :thumbsup:

RipTombstone

« Reply #317 on: 03/30/11 06:57 AM »

Thats what I was wondering. We are pretty dusty here, and my side boxes need rinsed out every once in awhile.
Thanks!
RipT

03bamaavalanche

« Reply #318 on: 11/07/11 08:24 PM »

i keep one empty and use it for a cooler, the other has a complete 200 pc two set  a dremel, eletric drill, 15ft industrial cables(thick enuff to jump off a freightliner)  and odd and end stuff that i throw in there to keep the bed clean  and it still has room
2003 silver avy1500 z71

CORVETTEC3

« Reply #319 on: 11/15/11 10:12 PM »

Left side ..Towels, cleaning cloths & cleaning fluids to polish & keep classic cars looking great
Rt side...Tools & towing accessories  such as tow bars, hitch lock, etc.
Alan
2011 Avalanche LTZ
2008 Trailblazer 3SS
2003 Tahoe Z-71
1977 Corvette T-Top
73 Corvette T-top
1967 Dodge 440
1968 Corvette Convertible

BigEArkansas

« Reply #320 on: 11/26/11 01:00 AM »

Drivers side has fire extinguisher and first aid kit....passenger side has various tools jumper cables bottled water

jm0990

« Reply #321 on: 11/27/11 06:51 AM »

jacking & towing gear, tow strap, winter window brush, solar panel from harbor freight, pair of gloves, a few bungees and tie downs

erict1234

• The family photo on top of Killington Vermont.
« Reply #322 on: 11/27/11 11:48 AM »

I have a first aid kit, so far. I like this topic, as it will help give me some ideas on what to add.  :thumbsup:
Proud owner of a mint 06 Bermuda Blue LT Z-71 WBH Avy. I love this truck! Umm… SUV? OK, I got it, Dual Purpose Vehicle! :1:

Gitano2004

« Reply #323 on: 12/15/11 11:00 PM »

Passenger side has jumper cables, ratchet straps, and some other miscellaneous tools.
Driver side has hitch, wheel chocks, a couple wooden blocks, and other trailer accessories when not being used.
Haven't had the opportunity to use them as coolers yet, but I'm looking forward to it!  :D

After having a blow out about 2 weeks ago, I'm gonna make room for a small hydraulic jack so I never have to deal with that little piece of s**t GM supplies you with again.
2004 WBH. No major mods, just tinted windows, removed fender flares, and upgrade to General Tire Grabber AT2 tires.  Hopefully a few mods to come this summer.

Tyyrlym

• 2002 North Face
« Reply #324 on: 03/05/12 05:39 AM »

After having a blow out about 2 weeks ago, I'm gonna make room for a small hydraulic jack so I never have to deal with that little piece of s**t GM supplies you with again.
Yeah, a bottle jack is on my list of things I'm buying here in short order for this thing. Not going to even bother trying to jack this thing with the stock jack. Right now my driver side saddle bag is the duffel for the bed panels, lug wrench, plywood base for the jack (life saver to change a flat when you're not on a level road) and jumper cables. Going to add the bottle jack and other emergency supplies to that side. Passenger side, dunno yet.
2002 North Face Edition - "Bulkhead"

BCmountaineer

• CarDomain
« Reply #325 on: 03/06/12 11:58 AM »

Yeah, a bottle jack is on my list of things I'm buying here in short order for this thing. Not going to even bother trying to jack this thing with the stock jack. Right now my driver side saddle bag is the duffel for the bed panels, lug wrench, plywood base for the jack (life saver to change a flat when you're not on a level road) and jumper cables. Going to add the bottle jack and other emergency supplies to that side. Passenger side, dunno yet.

Oh god i know about the piece of wood.  I got a flat in a dried up river bed(one of two that day) with only that crappy stock jack.  Ended up supporting the frame with logs and digging the flat out.
2004 Avalanche 1500 Z71 WBH: Factory BOSE Sound System, GM Bug/Rain Guards, GM Side steps, Amber DRLs, K&N CAI/FIPK, Dual Electric Fan Conversion...

Region VI - Vancouver, British Columbia

Stiny357

« Reply #326 on: 07/07/12 06:10 AM »

One has all my tools (jack, 4-way, tow strap, tie-downs) the other has my fishing poles and tackle box.
2003 Z71 with cladding, ambers, FTDRL's and All-on-HI.

JLoop15

« Reply #327 on: 07/13/12 11:17 AM »

Letf side- bottled waters and sometimes ice and beer ;)
Right side- bungy cords and jumper cables

chAVey

• Ahh!
« Reply #328 on: 07/13/12 11:53 AM »

Letf side- beer and sometimes ice and bottled waters ;)
Right side- bungy cords and jumper cables

Fixed that for you!

Rymn

• You can have too much fuel when you're on fire.
    • My personal waste of time.
« Reply #329 on: 07/18/12 06:23 AM »

I'm sure this thread has been beaten to death, but I guess I'll post incase someone is still interested.
Left - 5gal oil (I have big block), fill spout, craftsman 108 piece tool kit, towel, soft cloth, pledge future floor wax (for touch up, little gasoline will take off a lot of wax)

Right - jumper cables, everything you'd need to clean the cab real fast ( window wipes, leather wipes, duster, trash bag), tire chains, tow straps
ZAN bound!  Alaska here we come!

allthedurbin.com

JLoop15

« Reply #330 on: 07/31/12 11:38 AM »

Fixed that for you!
yeah my bad, thanks for the fix  :D

JVZL1

• Looking For A Crew Cab Pick UP Drove An AVY
« Reply #331 on: 11/23/12 07:44 PM »

Cleaned out reorganized and installed winter survival on the driver side;
Passenger side F##d recovery system.
04 4x4 2500 Dark Gray
 03 Z71 Dark Gray Cladded

JV

jpcjf

• 2002/1500/Z71/4X4/ 5.3/original owner
« Reply #332 on: 12/10/12 06:59 AM »

Jumper cables, recovery bag, tow hitch, tie downs, first aid kit, Rope for loose critters.
It's the wife's, I drive it less than five times a year, but maintain it like new.

ARMYtango

• Drink water and Drive on!
« Reply #333 on: 12/10/12 07:22 AM »

Passenger side F##d recovery system.

'04 Z66 WBH, AVS bug shield, AVS rain guards, BOSE sound system w/6-disk CD changer, 6 On-high, Sequential Bully fire strip, Amber DRL's, tinted SONAR Euro tails, Flowmaster 40 Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, dual pillar gauge w/ GlowShift 7-color Trans Temp Gauge, low beam 6k HIDs, blue interior LEDs, LED plate lights, LED puddle lights, Halo/Projector headlights, Sail Panel LEDs, rear airbags, Aries bull bar

Fritsam

« Reply #334 on: 07/04/16 08:26 AM »

Did you ever find the leak?

All-Time