• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dash Vibration and Bouncy Truck

brittbeitz

I have two issues that I really need some help with.  One - I have a vibrating sound coming from my dash.  The sound is mainly on the drivers side.  Any suggestions?

Second - this may sound crazy but my truck bounces when I hit about 75 mph.  Any ideas on why this is happening?

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Tires need balancing....

As for dash..way too many things it could be...

I just got new tires and had them balanced.  It was still doing it and I took it back to the dealership and they said it was fine.  I wasn't sure if this was something that is common or if the dealership is wrong.

Thanks!

Did you get an oil change lately? When they lube some times it gets on the inner part of the rim and sets off the balance...I clean in there all the time...

The dealer replaced my air con last year and ever since then I've had a dash vibration that gets less noisey as it warms up. Any body ?know the answer ???. My dealer will not warrenty it because it's over the 30 days and I did not notice it when I picked it up. ?:help: ?

I would say at 37K, that is not your problem.  You should be able to get many more miles out of the factory suspension.

Could be one or more wheels is bent or out of balance....

Or the tires need to be forced balanced...

Do you have stock wheels and tire size?

ygmn said:
Could be one or more wheels is bent or out of balance....

Or the tires need to be forced balanced...

Do you have stock wheels and tire size?

Yes i do have stock wheels and tires.  they are 17's.

Go to West. They are the best Dealership around for service. They are on the Airport Motor Mile. I wouldnt buy anything from them though. There sales department sucks.

thanks for the advice - I'll have to take it out there and hopefully they can help me out instead of acting like it's normal like Beaty did.  :E:

Mine does the same thing when I get to about 70MPH. ?I'm almost positive it is the tires b/c the guy I bought it from had a blowout and only replaced the one tire. I'm too cheap to replace all 4 right now, so I am just living with it until I do the tire change. I've had mine balanced, rotated, etc with no change. I don't drive Highway much, so I am living with it until spring. I've got about the same mileage as you.

AVHop45 said:
Mine does the same thing when I get to about 70MPH. ?I'm almost positive it is the tires b/c the guy I bought it from had a blowout and only replaced the one tire. I'm too cheap to replace all 4 right now, so I am just living with it until I do the tire change. I've had mine balanced, rotated, etc with no change. I don't drive Highway much, so I am living with it until spring. I've got about the same mileage as you.

Hmmmmmmm......interesting.......  I just got all new tires though.....  at least they are all supposed to be new.  :laugh:

Yeah, that kind of killed my idea for yours as well :dunno:  Again, I "think/hope" that is what my problem is. :cool:

Hopefully your's will be fine after you get new tires and hopefully I'll figure out what's going on with mine so I can get it fixed.  I am going to take it to a different dealership and see what they tell me........

Thanks for the suggestions! 

brittbeitz said:
Hopefully your's will be fine after you get new tires and hopefully I'll figure out what's going on with mine so I can get it fixed. I am going to take it to a different dealership and see what they tell me........

Thanks for the suggestions!
go to tire shop with road force balancer....and wheel runout tester...

failing that, rotate fronts to back, and see if it still does it or if problem moves with the tire.

better yet, take it back to where you got the new tires and tell them to fix it or tell you that it's not the tires.

I feel the pain.

I have an '05 with just over 2000 on it and I have had a vibration that seems to start around 62 mph since I got it. Had it in the shop 4 times so far; rebalanced, rotated, road force balance, turn front rotors, and now they are waiting for 2 more tires to change mine out. Lucky me though I get to get rid of the 16 inch rims with Firestone Wilderness and get a set of 17 inch BFG's for nothing. I won't know if it cures the vibration until I get them on (hoping it will). If not I will move on to shocks. Heck maybe they will throw me a lowered suspension  >:D 

Back