Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/31/14 02:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY Onstar Antenna Is GONE  (Read 7477 times)
Skyview
Charter Member

WWW Awards
« on: 05/27/03 06:08 PM »

I just noticed after getting home tonight that my Onstar antenna was gone!  Well doesn't that just  veryveryangry SUCK!  I ran it through a soft cloth wash this evening, but I have done that many times and not had it come off, especially since it screws on.  I went quite a few places today, so no telling, but I am all but positive that someone just took a liking to it.  

Has anyone else had their Onstar antenna stolen off their Avalanche?  How much will it cost me to get another one from the dealer, anyone know?  I didn't renew my onstar after the free year, but looks pretty stupid with a big gold threaded bolt sticking out the top.  Plus since I am looking at having to sell, should have it on there in case someone wanted to get the service.

David

planetav

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 05/27/03 11:50 PM »

hey David,

that really sucks....I will call you today..your still going to PF next weekend right? If so I can bring an antenna for you. See you then.
avdavidw
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: 05/28/03 12:16 AM »

It's not uncommon for the car wash places to unscrew it and place it inside your AV. Check around in your AV... check in the drivers seat and see if it's between the seat bottom and seat back.

David

#1 2002 1500 LPM Z66 - #2 2005 1500 SOM Z71 - 2010 2SS Camaro - #3 2007 1500 SRM Z71
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 05/28/03 02:59 AM »

Check the question and maybe maintenance section...they used to ship loose and the dealer would install.and of course they did a poor job and some folks lost theirs too.....

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
trouthunter

Likes to eat bugs...

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 05/28/03 04:49 AM »

My dealer told me that they don't screw them on until someone buys them because they get stolen right off the lot.  I take mine off  and toss it in the center console when I have to park in crummy neighborhoods like the courthouse here in Tacoma.

I'm not sure what good they are other than as OnStar antennas, but apparently, someone has found some use for them.

2003 DGM Z-71  Options?  If they could cram it in, its got it, baby!  Mass modding to take place on an ongoing basis.
pedr0
CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member

"Rocky, calm down.......... Good boy."

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 05/28/03 05:11 AM »

What's the procedure for removing them?

"Rocky" - '02 Z71 1500 - Lite Pwtr, Off-Rd Pkg, Protection Pkg, On*
Sunroof, Smittybilt S4B Side Steps, Dual Side Out-FM Delta Flow 50's
Sheepskin Express Superfit's, Sail Windows, Rear Seat Cargo Cover, Visor Logos
X-Pel Lens Protectors, DashMat, Fiberlok Console Cover, ProCold Intake Kit
Cargo Deck, Fia Snap-on Bug Screen, Flag Bowtie, HPP3, TV 50's
StreamlineDesign Z71 Mtn. Logos, 893-37.5w Fogs, Amber DRLs
NascarDave
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

there's Black Diamond in my future

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 05/28/03 05:21 AM »

you're lucky to even have one - I had to make my salesguy steal one off a just delivered yellow WBH, as the dealer's make-ready guys just throw the accessory kits in the trash - out of 3500 cars and trucks NONE had antennas... go figure.

Also, the '02 antenna will NOT fit on an '03 - the post and threads are different - it will seem like it is firmly attached, but there is a big gap, and it will blow off Sad

'02 Z71 Red, '03 Z71 Spiral Grey, '04 Z66 Silver Birch ALL CLADDED
'11 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
'13 LT Fairway Green Black Diamond TEXAS EDITION
trouthunter

Likes to eat bugs...

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 05/28/03 09:46 AM »

What's the procedure for removing them?

They just screw off.

I wonder if a little industrial strength loc-tite would help.  Might make it just tough enough to remove that people wouldn't bother.

2003 DGM Z-71  Options?  If they could cram it in, its got it, baby!  Mass modding to take place on an ongoing basis.
Jakson
Charter Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: 05/29/03 10:39 AM »

you're lucky to even have one - I had to make my salesguy steal one off a just delivered yellow WBH, as the dealer's make-ready guys just throw the accessory kits in the trash - out of 3500 cars and trucks NONE had antennas... go figure.

We had kinda the same scenario. There was supposed to be one in the OnStar box in glove box but they didnt have one in there, So they took one from a different Av. It has stayed there since.

Benson, Minnesota
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71 Mods:Full Time Amber DRL's, GE 885 Fogs, WOL Tires, Molded Mud Flaps, Driver Design Bug Shield, Luverne Brush Gaurd, Magnaflow Exhaust & 3.5" Tip, K&N FIPK Gen II.

Coming Soon: 20s, and hypertech!!
ORANGE_1

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05/29/03 03:08 PM »

The one on my 02 fell off the first time I washed the truck. I checked the one on my 03 as soon as I got it.
vtwinsuperbike

Welcome to the modness....

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07/29/03 12:32 PM »

I hardly ever use a car wash but I was in a hurry today before taking clients to a job site.  Anyway I lost my On Star antenna in the car wash and they can't find it.  Do I have any other options other than going to GM for an OEM replacement?

TIA
Jeff (Indiana)

'02 Summit White North Face Edition Avalanche
'05 Kawasaki Brute Force 750
'04 Road King Custom
'04 Polaris Genesis i
'03 ZRX1200
'02 CRF450R
'02 DS650
'01 Hayabusa
'01 Rubicon
'00 Ford Excursion Diesel
'00 TL1000R
AVid
CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07/29/03 12:42 PM »

As far as I know there is no aftermarket for that antenna. I do believe the installation of all antennas is part of dealer prep. If it fell off, it would be their fault.  chevy

HTH
John
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 07/29/03 01:21 PM »

I think you may be able to get an ant.from some where to screw on....I have seen some with about the same threads out there...but where I forget.....

Wished this helped

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
AWACS

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 07/29/03 01:55 PM »

Found some on ebay for 5.00 bucks or so... bought 2 for spares. They were the OEM GM part.

I will post the GM part number in a little bit.

Here is one for sale now!!http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33639&item=2425696451

AWACS

« Last Edit: 07/29/03 01:59 PM by AWACS » Logged
VMAX

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 07/29/03 06:01 PM »

Found some on ebay for 5.00 bucks or so... bought 2 for spares. They were the OEM GM part.
Here is one for sale now!!http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33639&item=2425696451
Makes ya wonder how many of the ones on ebay are stolen... Sad

My dealer warned me about OnStar antenna theft, says it's pretty common.

Vince
Bruno

Ridin' High Member_#2014

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 07/29/03 06:21 PM »

Hmmm, were they used by chance?   Shocked

2002 Z71, Victory Red, MSD wires, K&N Filter, Glassscapes American flag on the rear window. Texas Bowtie, etc, etc.
rapid-richard

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 07/29/03 07:51 PM »

They steal them at my dealership all the time. I always wondered what they were doing with them. Now I guess I know.
CraigF

That's Maddie--the cutest little girl in the world

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 07/29/03 08:21 PM »

They steal them at my dealership all the time. I always wondered what they were doing with them. Now I guess I know.

It's a viscous cycle.  If yours gets stolen, you look on ebay for a replacement.  The person "selling" it needs another one to sell, so they steal one.  Now that person needs a new one, and looks on ebay.....

2003 Onyx Avalanche Z71 sold on 9/27.  Replaced by 2006 SOM Chevrolet HHR
AWACS

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 07/29/03 09:22 PM »

These were new in sealed GM package, that's why I bought them.

I wasn't looking to help out those jerks!

AWACS
Jodiesel

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 07/30/03 02:59 AM »

If you aren't going to use the onstar service anyway, you could always use the antenna mount for one of those big lighted hats they have on those little napa trucks.

03 Avalanche 2500
08 Husky TE610
02 Raptor
75 Wife
CraigF

That's Maddie--the cutest little girl in the world

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 07/30/03 05:14 AM »

If you aren't going to use the onstar service anyway, you could always use the antenna mount for one of those big lighted hats they have on those little napa trucks.

I have one of those hats in my Garage!

2003 Onyx Avalanche Z71 sold on 9/27.  Replaced by 2006 SOM Chevrolet HHR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: