• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Leather Interior

NM_Dawg

Hey, I am glad CAFCNA is back up and running so I can share the Katzkin Leather that I just got installed in my Avalanche.

I did the two tone graphite with the charcoal.

I didn't even think about doing the install by myself so I got one of Katzkin's authorized upholsterers to do it and it turned out well. ?;D
He did the install in just a day.

Here are some before shots:

116993082_58c8bdc1a4_o.jpg

avalanche_pre-frontseats.jpg

avalanche_pre-pssngrside.jpg

And here are some After Shots: ?:D

116993102_5508b6ba93_o.jpg

116993134_3858b085ff_o.jpg

avalanche_post-backseat.jpg

avalanche_post-frontseatsfromback.jpg

SWEET I want some do they have a web site can I put it over my Heated Memory Seats?

Hey, those look really nice. I was thinking about doing that same mod, but since I already have full leather I wanted to wait until until my leather was shot. What did it cost for the new leather interior and the cost for the install?

Cost - Sorry, I cannot answer that one. I bought the Avalanche used and got the dealer to get the leather installed.

It is fairly easy to get cost though.

Just go to the following website

Katzkin Leather homepage

and go through the motions and picking a certified installer (if you don't want to install yourself) and they have the cost built in.

They use the seats that came with the Avalanche, take off the cloth and install the leather.

I am very happy with the seats, especially the chevy logo (which does cost extra).

That is an awesome solution for the bench seats. Very impressive.

When I quoted them out on the web site, they came to about 1100.00. How/ Who did you work with to get the better price?

danlwil said:
When I quoted them out on the web site, they came to about 1100.00. How/ Who did you work with to get the better price? ?

I was out trying to buy a used Avalanche, found this sweet 2500 and began to negotiate. I was about to walk away from the deal when the sales rep said he would through in the Katzkin leather.

The dealership had a pretty good with the upholsterer so I am sure it wasn't the $1100.00 you get from the website, but it got me into this truck.

Somehow I have to control my self...

I think those seats would be great.... My cloth seats are failing and I don't want to spend 200+ on seat covers.... seems like these would be a far better solution. ?:0: ?

Besides, they look REALLY GOOD. ?:cool: ?

Does the leather have a good quality feel to it? ?:0:

Does it smell good? ?:rolleyes:

Gotta come up with mod money Gotta come up with mod money Gotta come up with mod money Gotta come up with mod money Gotta come up with mod money

The Leather has a sturdy feel to it.

From what I hear, quite a few people buy their cars with cloth seats in order to get the aftermarket leather.

I can see this happening because we have a 2003 VW Passat that we bought with leather and I like the leather in my Avalanche much better.

Also the number of styles and colors is fantastic.

Initially the smell of the leather was good and pretty noticeable, now ( I actually got the install in March) it is less noticeable.

Overall though, Thumbs-up from Dave (y)

I really want these Katzkin leather seats. But for $499 installation, it's a hard to swallow that cost. I've heard it is not that hard to self install, but I'm wondering realistically how easy it is for the average non-mechanic person. How long does the install take? What about the side air bags? Do I need to buy special tools? Can I install my own seat heater kits?

How many Kats you gotta skin to make em? ;)

Seriously, they look nice but I still like cloth. Did you get to keep the old covers? I might consider buying them in case I ever damage mine. I don't think the seat covers would be hard to change. I've had one changed in my work truck and it's about time for another driver's side cover. ???

Blackhawk said:
How many Kats you gotta skin to make em? ;)

Seriously, they look nice but I still like cloth. Did you get to keep the old covers? I might consider buying them in case I ever damage mine.

Blackhawk, one of the main reasons I wanted this install was because the cloth interior was fading badly so i didn't think to get them back. :7:
Oh-well - live and learn

Also, I don't mind cloth - I had it for 10 years in my GMC Sierra Z71, but the leather is easier to keep clean.

Called today and checked with the nearest Soft Trim dealer which is in Baton Rouge and they wanted 950.00 with installation included. Not Katskins, but seems like I have heard other mention it on the site as being pretty nice.
Myself I like the look of the Katskin in the pics at the beginning of this post.
Great job, looks super
Zeeya

I wanted leathers but the extra lunbar and side fin adjustments made the seats uncomfortable 2 me (Im BIG and tall)
So I got cloth and will have them recovered in Ratskins

Your new katzkins look awesome, I am sold...as soon as the summer ends I am doing the same thing to my Avalanche except I am going to put in Black Leather Gold Bowtie...thanks for taking some pics!!! Picture is worth a thousand words!

I am NOT knocking or dissing the Katzskins, but I have a question.
Has anyone heard of or have any experience with Classic Soft Trim. They are a company similar to Katz. The difference is that it will be easier for me to get them and get them installed here in Alberta. they are US based but have a better network here.
Here is their website
http://www.classicsofttrim.com/leather.html
Fairly important mod so would appreciate any feedback

taris128 said:
I am sold...as soon as the summer ends I am doing the same thing to my Avalanche except I am going to put in Black Leather Gold Bowtie...thanks for taking some pics!!!
I cringed when I first read this until I remembered you live in Canada. Here in Texas black leather would get me nothing except charred thigh flesh. :eek: For you though should help warm the AV in the winter and hopefully not get too hot in the summer.

TXAVy said:
I cringed when I first read this until I remembered you live in Canada. Here in Texas black leather would get me nothing except charred thigh flesh. ?:eek: ?For you though should help warm the AV in the winter and hopefully not get too hot in the summer.

??? ??? It says he lives in Jersey
It is going to be 30c today (I think) and has been over 30c (= +90F) late last month, so dark leather is still going to do a job on you.

I used to work next door to the Classic Soft Trim here in Austin. I walked over and talked to them one day and was ledt to believe they cater mainly to Dealers. Most of the vehicles I saw in there being worked on had Dealer tags. He indicated it would be much more costly for an individual to have work done. (he didn't make it sound encouraging)

Back