• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A/C & Headlight Knobs On 03's

avking

SM 2003
I know the 03's only have 2 A/C knobs and the 02's have 3. I also know they look different, but are they interchangeable? I have billet knobs for 02's I want to put on 03's. Will it work? Also, same question for headlight knob. I hope so, cause I have really cool knobs that are almost ready, and I know 03 owners will want some.

Still looking for some help on this. Even though the quantity of knobs are different, are the knobs on an 02 & 03 interchangeable?

If anyone is willing to drive to Buellton CA for a test fit, you can have a free set of knobs.

If you are to far to drive but still want a free set, I will provide a free set and pay all shipping costs, if you send me a A/C and headlight knob from your 03, so I can get a template and test fit. I will need the knobs for two to three days at the most.

I am willing to come to Buellton if you can wait a fewdays. Or I have a 00 silverado and if it is the same as an o2 AV them i will check the knobs here. Let me know if the Silverado and 02 AV are the same. Also the guy across the street has an 02 and if I can offer him a set i can ask him. (never talked to him before). I just checked my trucks and the AV and Silverado are not even close. The overall diameter of the AV knob is only 1 1/8 in at the base and tapers to about 1 in. Its a complete different setup.

Yes, I can wait. I have an 02, and I need to see if my knobs fit your 03 and also try the reverse, your knobs in my 02. If they don't fit, I need to photograph and trace the back of your 03 knobs. If they are interchangeable, no problem in and out fast. However, if they are not, I will need to let the designer borrow your knob for about 30 to 45 minutes to get them traced and in CAD. If that is the case, I will buy lunch and we can compare MODs when he is doing it. You will then get your choice of designs, from the 1st batch off the line. It may take two weeks to get you the first set. If this sounds like something you are still interested in, please call me at 805-325-2426 or 805-698-2664. I hope you decide to do it, I enjoy meeting new AV owners and I am excited to do these knobs of 03's also. Thanks.

walshie said:
I am willing to come to Buellton if you can wait a fewdays. Or I have a 00 silverado and if it is the same as an o2 AV them i will check the knobs here. Let me know if the Silverado and 02 AV are the same. Also the guy across the street has an 02 and if I can offer him a set i can ask him. (never talked to him before). I just checked my trucks and the AV and Silverado are not even close. The overall diameter of the AV knob is only 1 1/8 in at the base and tapers to about 1 in. Its a complete different setup.

I believe that the headlight knobs are the same on both the 02-03. But the the heating knobs are deffinetly different, otherwise I think Billet Pro or other companys would have picked up on it. I cant find them anywere for a 2003 so as soon as you have a set ready let me know. I am ready to purchase.

Josh

I sent you a PM.

walshie said:

Back