• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

100,000 miles and more Av's?

Timeless

I've been driving alot of cars recently as I have been helping out my fathers friend with his valet company.  Alot of the more recent GM trucks I've driven (2002 and on) with higher, not even close to 100,000 miles don't seem to run all that great and the trucks make all kinds of noise and ruckus over every little bump in the road. 

As I just bought an 05 Av, I was wondering how many people have over 100,000 miles on their truck and how their trucks run.  How about the interiors?  Is the seat foam mush and does everything creak and shutter?  My truck will be in the family for the long haul easilly, 100000 miles, so i'm just curious what I'm in for in a couple of years.  Thanks all.

Avalance immediately comes to mind. The last I heard he had 137,000+ on his '02, but that was a few weeks ago.  As far as I can recall, he's had some flat tires, vandalism and general maintenance type items. I'm sure he'll be along here shortly.

With 93,000 miles It could use a new seat...The bottom is a little low. But after all the driving I do It's running Ok....I'm looking at something new soon... :-X

107,000 K

A couple noises and a few parts here and there, "chances to upgrade!"

over all I'm very happy, heck my step mother in-law was just in it and said it was still nice and quiet an rode nice!
She personaly dumps her cars at 40K , likes them new! so I guess it past her test......

I'm well on my way to the 100k mark.  Based on my experience with GM vehicles, including full size trucks, I fully expect the interior to rattle and the undercarriage to squeek more and more with mileage.  GMs are horrible in this regard.  Mine's already started talking back to me.  55k miles.

:rolleyes:

RichUF said:
Mine's already started talking back to me.? 55k miles.

:rolleyes:

My dashboard squeaks in the morning when its below 30 or so degrees. Today it was 23 and it squeaked a little. I have 64K :D

There are a few threads on who has voer 100,000 miles in this section...

Try searching for 100K or 100,000 miles....

or just flick back on each page in this section....

overall I think there are 3-4 threads.... with posts from several members who have over 100k....

If you take care of it....drive on nice roads....etc etc...it should last more then 100k...way more...

I have over 64k on a 2002 bought in 2001...and not a problem yet... all parts original except oil & filters...hehehe

102,000 on an '02...Other than the Intermediate Steering Shaft, no problems. Seems to ride and handle as new. Still on original brake pads. 3rd set of tires, just put them on. Uses approximately 1/4 quart of oil every 5,000 miles. ( Mobil 1, 5W30). Heading for 200k, then maybe think about changing.

My 04 has 106,000 miles on it. I started to get a little rattle in the front end. I could not find where the rattle came from. Then I replaced my shocks when I had about 98,000 miles on it due to some leakage. I have not heard that rattle since. My dash has a small rattle when it is cold, but does not rattle long once the truck warms up. Over all I am very pleased with this truck. I am planning on keeping it for another 2 years. I fully expect to be able to drive it to the 250,000 mile mark. I have had over 200,000 miles on all my GMC products and I believe this Avalanche will out perform all my past trucks. I firmly believe it has a lot to do with maintenance. If you do it, it will probably have a long life. At least my trucks do.

I just rolled over 144,556 on my 2002 and it is still running great.  I just got an 06 just because of the upgrades.  I have a few noises nothing major though.  It is a great truck and I plan to keep it alot longer.

I'm getting close to 140,000mi on my 02 and have yet to have any trouble with it. As far as noises and such go, mine is still quiet and rattle free.

DS,

I figured being the prestigous sound guy you are, you would have been pumping high watts through that truck from one....  I am pretty sure that the amount of sound and (bass) flowing through my truck is what has caused a few of my rattles.....

Good thing is though, I never hear them!  >:D

Steve

mine rattles all the time, I really should get those empty beer cans out of the side bins  >:D

Hmmmm..... I am thinking there is a connect with names that start with "F"....  As I recall, Fouse seems to have that same problem!!!!

:laugh:

I have over 120k on my '02 Pewter Metallic.  I had to replace the rear brake pads last year, shocks a few times, and the ignition switch gave me a fit about a year ago.  I didn't replace the switch, just took it apart and cleaned the contacts.  This truck is by far the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

just hit 100000 miles sunday.

I would put a picture but I dont know how to.

261,000 on my 03 Z71.  LR fender is rusting a little and the drivers seat has a seam separated where I slide my butt in.  Runs great.....everything works.  Goes to my son soon as 2013 arrives and I'm sure he'll get it to 300,000.  He's already talking about dropping a new motor in it if the engine goes. 

Back