• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wood Dash Mods?

PaulP

I posted this in Prerormance mods first by mistake. I deleted the post but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do. Sorry.

I'm sure many people have done the wood dash mods. What is the best kit? what did you like / dislike? Anyone have pictures? When I go to sites they don't show color pictures of an AV with the different wood packages. I also did a search and found almost nothing in the forums on wood dashes.

Thanks
Paul

I recently came across an internet site that sells wood dash kits (Also carbon Fier).

www.alkaplus.com

They offer a 30+ piece kit for the 03.

I had ordered a kit from exoticwooddash for my 02. I ordered thru them since I wanted the molded dash bezel in Rose wood. (Have to do a core exchange.)

Decided to get the kit that supplements the molded dash. Three weeks later the kit and dash showed up. Kit had only 16 pieces (2 of which were extra for the rear air controls. But the dash the sent did not fit. After several calls to exoctic , in which they told me the dash had to fit , they finalyy agreed to have me return the dash, with phots showing that it did not fit. OK got the digital out snapped a bunch and sent print outs and also burned then to a cd.

The part numbers on my bezel were completely different, so I asked if I could just send my bezel and have it done in the rosewod finish. No problem.

Well here it is 6 weeks latter and still have not gotten the dash back, (Seems they misplaced it at B & I Trim) . And every time I call exoctic wood dash they act like they have never heard of me or my dash.

Oh well enough of that.

I liked the look of the wood accents, so decided to do the treatment to my 99 Tahoe.

Ordered from alka plus, 32 piece kit for $168. Figured even at this price , how bad could it be.

Heres the up shot.

PLaced the order on Monday, had the kit in hand on Wednesday afternoon. The quallity of the kit is equal to the one from exotic. Fit of the pieces are excellent.

Just for curiosity , I cntacted Alka plus to see if they also had a kit for an 02 avalanche. 15 minutes later had a response. Yep (41 piece kit for $209.

And they offered a discount since it would be my second order.

Wished I had known about alkaplus before I got tied up with exotic wood dash.

Just for comparison purposes, total to exoticwooddash $650 plus additional shipping to return the dashes, and they think that the have located my oem bezel. Have to call them again on friday.

Alka plus 30 plus piece kit for under $200 with delivery in 3 days. I am tempted to buy their kit for the 02 Avalanche just to pick up some of the pieces that the kit from exoticwood dash did not include.

Love the look of that wood.

Finally got around to installing my dash kit from last fall. Not bad. Would prefer a moulded one but have not come across one that I like the look of and I would not have to tear out the dash in advance.
Picture attached.

More on picture trail site, last album

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

sparky said:
OK, dagnabit, I got to learn to size those pictures before attaching. Anybody want to tell me how again ?:2:
The picture looks good. I see what you mean about the moulded piece for the dash. I think I would like that better too.
I guess not many people have done the wood dash mod based on the lack of pictures?

Back