• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

SS Bumpers On The AV!

idocpilk

Charter Member
Anyone looked at whether the SS bumpers will fit on the the AV WBH? I would think that would be one heck of a cool looking truck. I am trading my 02 AV for an 03WBH. I like the cleaner look and the deal was too good to pass up. I don't exactly care for the mom and pop bumpers but the SS sitting next to the AV got me thinking. Anyone have the graphic ability to put something together on their computers?

Weedon, needs to jump in here. From what I remember he had his SS bumper painted and installed a week or two ago. Have not see any pictures as of yet, but I know he was in the process of having this done..................
Hey Weed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your telephone is ringing......

It Can be done and has been done!!! I am on the road but will be back and have some pictures on the 3rd of July. All in all it was not to hard, used the factory rear brackets on the corners of the bumper and the small lower grill from the SS. I cut the lower valance light covers and fit them into the brake duct openings, the fit was not to bad. I had read that you take off the lower valance and the upper black bumper top ... but it fit better with the top cover in place, ( a tighter fit). I just had it panted last Friday and installed it Friday. It has rained ever since so when I return I hope to have good weather for photos,
My AV, like Zeeya's has the lowered rear springs and 6 1/2 turns off the front bars to lower it 2" from stock. I also have just installed the poly spring bushings to give the back a 2 3/4" drop and have also installed Airlift 1000. More to follow.

Back