• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WBH Modders... UNITE!

SnowTrojan

As a soon-to-be master of an '03 Pewter Av WBH, I've noticed that we are in the severe minority, so I want to hear from all the WBH owners out there, especially on your mods. I suppose all you "Claddies" can post here to ;), but I beg you PLEASE just keep it to how we can mod our WBHs (and don't say "You should add cladding" :p )

My soon-to-be mods:
--Amber DRL's! ;D
--Chrome door handles
--Chrome body side moldings (can't decide between the moldings from the GMC Sierra (single chrome strip) or the Yukon XL (wide body-color molding with a chrome strip accent at the top).
--Chrome tailgate handle with body-colored housing.

Soon-to-come mods:
--Silverado SS instrument cluster (I love white gauges)
--Brushed aluminum accented interior, including door handles, panels etc.

FYI, I'm obviously a chrome fan, but also going for more subtle, less "in your face" mods :)

HEY, all you non-cladding WBH folk!!!! Before you get all cocky, just remember what you were born from!!!!!!! There's nothing like an original ;D
Carry on.

You should add cladding.

Ha, just kidding.

I don't like the small piece of cladding on the bottom of the tailgate. If you agree, consider sanding it down and paint to match.

How about Denali XL "cladding"? It's body color, the right size for an Av WBH. Would it fit?

Craig

I'm proud to be a WBHer! I'd love to do the instrument panel mod, I just doubt I have the cash to make that happen...how much would that cost?

Hey SnowTrojan, welcome to the more refined world of the WBH Avalanche! ?I just took delivery this week of a Sunset Orange one and can't wait to chrome it up!

I'm looking at a set of 20's (Verde NASA), ?chrome nerf bars, a possible J&J verticle tube grill, and a little lowering of the rear end.

By the way, we are not the minority but the privileged few!

Kenswheels said:
Hey SnowTrojan, welcome to the more refined world of the WBH Avalanche! ?I just took delivery this week of a Sunset Orange one and can't wait to chrome it up!
I'm looking at a set of 20's (Verde NASA), ?chrome nerf bars, a possible J&J verticle tube grill, and a little lowering of the rear end.
By the way, we are not the minority but the privileged few!
Congrats on the SOWBH. My plan is just the opposite, the bumpers and wheels are enough chrome. Hopefully some day it'll just be the wheels. I'm thinking of the plain black Sierra side molding to go with the rest of the dark trim. Not sure if they have them though for a Crew Cab, or if it's just on Sierra SL Reg. Cabs. Haven't checked yet. The chrome Sierra moldings look really good. There's a Black WBH here that has them.

I too would like to see a WBH section to this forum. It would be nice to be able to go to a specific area to see all the mods that are relevant to the WBH only.

Openminds,

We have the same taillights.

On occasion I read about some mod in the front, then wonder to myself "would that mod work with my WBH?"

Be careful on the front mods...We have sierra front ends....not avalanche front ends....things light light bulbs should not be an issue, I personally have swapped out all bulbs except fogs....with no issues, but if you are going for new hoods or bug blockers...etc...have to order sierra part numbers...

I am trying to locate some Black powdercoated Nerf bars for the WBH, but tahoes and sierra crew cabs have different part numbers at different manufacturers and so far no one has been able to give me a definite fitment for me to order em...any help with nerf bars would be cool

Da' Diggla

Actually we have Silverado fronts, but it's all good. I'm wondering how different the wiring is between Clad vs. WBH, or (knowing GM) even between the WBH and Silverado! :eek:

Johnny
Ad Hoc WBH President! :cool:

With the Silverado front ends I am sure you WBH owners will have more options for aftermarket. Tail lights are going to be the same issue as us cladded folk.

At first I did not like the WBH at all till I saw a lifted to the max WBH at my local dealer. Boy, it was sweeeeeet looking.

Smigdiggler,, Try looking at the Surburban nerf bars. I put a pair of boards on my WBH and the box they came in said 2000,2003 SURB. I measured before I bought and the AV and the SURB. both are 93 .5 in. wheelwell to wheelwell.

I like the idea of this area , too! ;D I love my WBH; however, have had some issues with the local Chevy parts guy when trying to order mods, as even he gets confused... :eek: Let's keep this rolling!

And to all you 'cladders', your input is appreciated, as always. ;)

I have seen another thread where someone is thinking about putting the SS front end (grill and bumper) on their WBH. Now that would look AWESOME ;D :D From reading that thread it looks like a members has either done that or is in the process of having it done. I cant wait to see pictures.

Does anybody have stencils for "CHEVROLET" on the tailgate ??? I want to do some Stealth mods. I want to put black reflective tape on everything because it is an almost perfect match for my DGM paint. I am also looking for reflective black paint. I want to be invisible during the day, yet be visible from space at night.

Any suggestions?

(y)UNCLAD ROCKS (y)

I also think a WBH section would be nice. I've had my WBH for about 3 weeks now and have run into some of the same problems as others here. You go to the GM parts guy, tell him you have an AV and you get the wrong part. :7: I walked into my local speed shop, ordered a bug shield and told them it was for an '03 Silverado, no problem.

I looked into changing the front light bulbs and it appears that all but the fog lights from a clad AV are the same. The fogs are a 45 watt bulb, I think a 27 Watt bulb is standard for the clad AV. My local parts guy couldn't find a replacement number for my fog light bulb either. They may be a different series than the 8xx series bulbs in the clad AV.

Mods so far:
Lund clear bug shield (not painted, yet)
MSD 8.5mm plug wires
Side molding and flares (GM)

Planned:
Mag Light
Trans cooler
Hypertech Power Programmer
SS Cluster
Transmission Servos
Cat back exhaust (haven't decided on which one yet)
Air Intake

Tony

I LIKE THE WBH MODELS, THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN'T TELL THEY ARE AV'S UNTILL I SEE THEM FROM THE SIDE.

Very true, guess they could put an "Avalanche" window sticker thingie across the top of the windshield. Or one that says "NAKED". ?:p ?That would get looks.

Back