• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chrome Rocovery Hooks

avz66

Charter Member
SM 2009
SM 2007
SM 2004
SM 2003
Just got my Hooks in form MissAvalanche, that she had chromed for me. Her friend did a good job. This pic is before I put them on.

Thank You MissAvalanche ?:)

Attachments

• hooks-a.jpg.JPG
    hooks-a.jpg.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 95
There on the AV

Attachments

• hooks-f.jpg.JPG
    hooks-f.jpg.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 95
One more

Attachments

• hooks-d.jpg.JPG
    hooks-d.jpg.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 94
avz66 said:
Just got my Hooks in form MissAvalanche, that she had chromed for me. Her friend did a good job. This pic is before I put them on.

A must on my mod list. Looks great!! How much did it cost you?

Wiki

Wiki said:
A must on my mod list. ?Looks great!! ?How much did it cost you? ?

Wiki

$40.00 Shipping included

is missAV taking orders, or was this a one time deal...i WANT chromies too... :C:

Me, too! Sweet looking!!! MsAv, if you're reading this let me know if you'll help the group out! I'm sure of you add a few $ for your time and trouble no one could complain... ;)

Leather said:
Very good idea, They match up very nice with the billet grill...... Dam u..... another mod I'm gonna have to do >:D

Goo had this mod first MissAvalanche did it for him.

I've been wanting to do this, but having a little trouble finding someone local.
Without crawling under the truck, can you tell me how difficult they are to remove (we have snow on the ground today :9:

Roland! they look great on your AV!

Okay guys, just send me an PM and I will send u my address so that you can send me your hooks, my friend Danny with Astro Plating here in San Antonio will be happy to take care of our Club needs.

Miss Avalanche :B:

sparky said:
Without crawling under the truck, can you tell me how difficult they are to remove (we have snow on the ground today ?:9:

The way I did it. I had to crawl under the AV just like putting on the Amber DRL. There are two bolts 8mm one going across and one going up look at the pic I took.

Attachments

• hooks.JPG
    hooks.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 93
avz66 said:

You are welcome Roland!

02-Z66 said:
? if i had to use them would it damage the chrome finish? ???

if you us a chain I'm pretty sure it would damage. But if you us a heavy duty strap I think it would be alright.

see pic

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

irontrain said:
Miss Avalanche you are the best!!! About how long would my hooks be gone. Here's a photo of what I believe was the first member to chrome his hooks
chrome_tow2.jpg

We miss you Pete

This was the first AV with chromed recovery hooks, he was so excited when he got them he couldn't wait to show them off to me. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

Roland's hooks took about a week and a half to be ready for shipment.

02-Z66 said:
? if i had to use them would it damage the chrome finish? ???

If they are properly plated, you won't have any problems with the finish should you have to use them for their intended purpose.

Ms Avalanche- as soon as I can get them off they are going to be headed your way [oh yes, where exactly is 'your way']? Note I am in Tomball and my truck has been on a rack in my garage since the day I brought it home 5 weeks ago so I should have no trouble getting to the hooks. Still has 22 miles on it. I am still driving the klunker until I get it rigged out and the hooks will go great with the billet grille and bowtie. I just have to see if they will be visible with the grille guard installed. If not I will be passing. Nice of you and your friend to provide members this option.

Has anyone tried these 'cover' that are for sale on e-bay. I am NOT suggesting them, I'm just interested in feedback from others. While it seems the easy solution, I'm really not sure about the look.

e-bay

avz66 said:
if you us a chain I'm pretty sure it would damage. But if you us a heavy duty strap I think it would be alright.

see pic

thanx for the reply. i will consider this as my next mod.

Back