• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Come See My Newly Designed And Built Mid-Deck !!!

bmontini

NOTE: Feel free to build your own, but I maintain market rights to this one! ?>:D ?Also to the same design cut into a 60/40 split for various folding configurations!) Idea Copyrighted as of initial post date, free use is granted for PERSONAL USE.

Check this out... ?I had an idea for this about 4 months now, and it came to be a necessity after the East Coast Regionals... My dog was just too much of a pain with his toenails scratching on the lowered midgate everytime we went around a turn, or sped up or slowed down...... ?

Plus, I wanted the midgate UP and the seats down... ?BUT, we all know of the the HUGE gaps that are behind the lowered seats...

So, the "MidDeck" was born today in my garage....

It is constucted from 5/8" OSB and 2 sq yards of Marine Carpet. ?I made a template from a large piece of cardboard, and then transferred that to the wood. ?It locks into place with the bumps in the midgate as well as with the rubber bumpers on the back of the seats. ?There are 2 holes in the OSB, that accept these bumpers.

Pictures are below, it can also be used with the Midgate DOWN, but there is about 2" of left to right play in the unit. ?Working on a solution for this...

Thoughts and comments are welcome!

MidDeck01-s.jpg

"Hmmmm... do I have any staples left?"
Click here for a Larger View
Click here for a Full Resolution View

MidDeck02-s.jpg

Construciton finished - Posing for shot

MidDeck03-s.jpg

Gotta show the back side too!

MidDeck04-s.jpg

Placed into Cab, ready to drop in...

MidDeck05-s.jpg

What a Nice Fit! ?:)

MidDeck06-s.jpg

Showing some of the corner Details

MidDeck07-s.jpg

"Ahhhh.... ?More Space and No More Slipping!"

MidDeck08-s.jpg

"I love this chin rest too!"

I think my dog likes it a lot! ?:)

I don't know if anyone else has done this yet, but it is VERY COOL!

You needed that for the ECRM! Great job!! Im sure your dog loves it. I know my daughter was CRAZY about your dog! Where do you store it when it is not in use?

Wiki

I REALLY wanted to make it stowable behind the seats when up... Turns out to not work out so well...

But it is light enough to pull it out and stow it in the garage or the Bed easily... Will probably leave it in all the time, unless I know I will have additional passegers....

It took about 2 or 3 hours from start to finish...

Good idea and nice job. Our yellow lab is just 5 mounths old, she's gonna love it!

Hey... How much can I pay you to make me one of those? ;D My cat and dog would love it. Looks great, nice work! (y)

~BIGRED

That is a great mod !!! ;D ;D I just need to figure out how to make half of that :eek:. Lil' D takes up the other half :D

endeavorc said:
That is a great mod !!! ;D ;D ?I just need to figure out how to make half of that :eek:. Lil' D takes up the other half :D

Take same design, cut 60/40 before carpeting, there you go!

Great Job! I like it a little bit better than the one already being made. Only drawback is you can't store it like the other version, but definetly cleaner looking.

Oh yea,

I have two dogs this will be perfect for, thanks for the pics and the good idea.

I love this site, more mods then anyone person can dream up.

This is really cool. I never even thought about this. I guess I never had a need for something like this but it makes sense and could become very usefull. Good Job.

Very nice mod. I know you mentioned that you can't store it behind the seat. :0: If you were to put a long hinge in the middle of it you could fold it in half and I bet it would fit. You could make a template out of card board and fold it to test it.

Sweet mod. If you are selling them I'd buy one to kepp my doberman's happy when riding in the back.

DoogieDobe

Nice dog, what name does it go by? Love the way you left almost no creases on the material, cool stuff (y) ! :B:

h
alexvill said:
Nice dog, what name does it go by? ?Love the way you left almost no creases on the material, cool stuff (y) ! :B:

His name is Zeke... we got him from a shelter about 2 yrs ago...

Carpeting that thing was a bear with all the cut corners! Thanks for the Thumbs up!

DoogieDobe said:
Very nice mod. ?I know you mentioned that you can't store it behind the seat. ? :0: ?If you were to put a long hinge in the middle of it you could fold it in half and I bet it would fit. ?You could make a template out of card board and fold it to test it.......
DoogieDobe

I really wanted to make this happen, but since I designed mine to go "out" to the doors, it is not only too high, but too wide to fit behind the seats...

GREAT idea if you choose to make your's narrower...

Back