• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Leather Seat Covers?

avalanche_crazy

I made a mistake when I bought my 03, 4x4 wasn't a need, and I was so happy to be getting an AV at all I wasn't very particular. Now I would really like leather. Has anyone swapped out their factory cloth for leather or installed leather seat covers over the cloth? I have seen the entire leather kits on the net, but most of them recomend pro. installation for an additional $350+, is this a DIY? Any info will be greatly appreciated! ;D

the seat covers on the AV is like most new vehicles,
you simply un-hook 2-4 clips and the seat cover slips off, some seats dont even have to be removed from the vehicle. if you do have to remove the seats remember all 02s and some 03s have an air-bag in the side of the seat. disconnect the battery negative terminal before unpluging the seat to remove it.

OK, I did a sucessful search and found auto-interior.com, apparantly a few members have used them in the past and their prices are great, is there any follow up info any one can offer, are they durable and fit well? The install instructions on the site are not vehicle specific, are the supplied instructions any better? Thanks!

Avalanche-Crazy,

I did the same thing...tried to scrimp, but was unhappy w/my choice. ?I had my seats recovered with Katzkin. ?The leather quality is excellent and I found a local dealer that did the work for me. ?

Very happy with Katzkin - excellent leather and my installer did a terrific job. ?If you don't DIY, you should first check-out the work of the installer (obviously).

I'd definitely recommend Katzkin (and I have no affiliation w/this company). ?As a benefit, all of your seats will be leather covered, not just the seating surfaces.

Good luck.

Av-crazy - having been on this site for some time, Katzkin has gotten more than its share of good reviews, do a search here on Katzkin and you will find all of the feedback, including some photos of Katzkin products in Avs (as I recall you get to design the piece a bit yourself).

Back