• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Pipeline 2006 Attendee list

Mdz66

Saturday Jan 28th about 10am at the Pipeline. 
Mdz66
Avialanche
Northface-No-More
Post and I will add you to the list

Right?????..............Left?????..............whatever :rolleyes: :p

? ? I had a great time..............it was a difficult trail to do, broke some stuff, but that's part of the "fun" somtimes >:D
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ?Thanks to all of the particpants who helped with the winching, towing, repairing, ferrying, digging out and welding to keep my AV "Mobile".? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I'm looking foward to more carnage next year. >:D? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  :B:

Attachments

• Pipeline2006 005.JPG
    Pipeline2006 005.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Pipeline2006 006.JPG
    Pipeline2006 006.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 68
Finally got the AV out of the this hole after breaking a tow strap, blowing a 100 amp 12,000lb winch fuse, and about 4 running start yanks with a o'l beater pick-up loaded with a 1000lbs of firewood.

Attachments

• Pipeline2006 002.JPG
    Pipeline2006 002.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 61
How long did the trail take you to run?

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:

Butch
From what I here about a half hour of driving, alot longer to get out.
Sorry Mike had to do that. Would have liked to come but in a way glad we didnt.
Nice seeing you guy's on your way home, and thanks again David for lunch-dinner. We owe you one  :wave: :wave:

Z66 BUTCH said:

Butch
The trail is at least 5 miles long, but this time around we hardly made it a mile down the trail with most of us getting stuck all the time :D.      The snow was wet, heavy and icy this year, last year we went at least 3 miles in fresh powder.

blackchev said:
Nice seeing you guy's on your way home, and thanks again David for lunch-dinner. We owe you one :wave: :wave:

You are very welcome.

It was a lot of fun. we got stuck a few times between all of us. Mike suffered the most damage but I think we all had a blast after all.

I updated my Picture Trail account and you can see some pictures of our adventure there. (link at bottom)

For some reason the pictures of Mike getting pulled (yanked) out got lost :rolleyes: :p? Actually we were so busy trying to get him out we forgot to take pictures, and even if we did I think they would have been too graphic to post in this site.

Matt, once again thank you for the hospitality, we had a great time.

Later,

David

Let me see if I can get a few pics in

First pic is of Mike stuck the first time.
Second pic is of Matt and myself trying to get him out

Attachments

• pipeline006.jpg
    pipeline006.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 49
  • pipeline005.jpg
    pipeline005.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 48
And I had to use my winch mounted in the front receiver to pull myself out. I almost had to use all of the 100' of cable.
The other picture show the other side of the hill after I got out.

Attachments

• pipeline015.jpg
    pipeline015.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 45
  • pipeline013.jpg
    pipeline013.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 45
Great pictures! It looks like you had a good time digging out! Mike's dogs looked puzzled, "why all the stopping"!

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
Great pictures! It looks like you had a good time digging out! Mike's dogs looked puzzled, "why all the stopping"!

Butch

The dogs were watching my attemps to ascend to the top of the hill that they are standing on.

Yes we had a good time as well.  My old Blazer does not run quite same, it is very loud as the Y-pipe is nearly torn off :laugh: I think we all learned that stock tires are junk!!!!  BTW the inner tierods are the same as the 1500.  I'll post my pics as soon as I clean out my Av and the blazer and find my camera cable.  Matt

In a way I am glad we didn't make it.  The way Mark drives -- everyone would have been stuck at the same time!  Maybe next year -- and we may let Ross drive!! woo hooo!

:D

Back