• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Power Problem?!

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
The other night I was going down to the store and as I was coming to the top of my driveway, I applied my brakes and my fog lights turned off for about 1.5 seconds and then came back on when I let off the brakes ???. When I got on the main road I tried to see if the fog lites would go out again if I applied the brakes, but it didn't happen. Now I know that my battery may be struggling a bit because ever since I installed my silverstars, the interior lights dim a little when they are on the same as the head lights.

I just wanted to see if this is a fluke or if there is a potentially serious problem that could cause bigger problems further down the road!
I appreciate all ideas/opinions.

Thanks.

-James R. :cool:

Hmmm, sounds odd but not suprised. If you run a heavy guage 12v wire from battery to headlights, and use relays to trigger, you will eliminate overload problems with the Silverstars, and have brighter lights due to getting a full 12v to them. Oh, and negative is the trigger, just keep that in mind, and an added bonus is a low beam when high beam on mod when completed.

I turn on my headlights now (HID) and see absolutly no dimming with interior lighting on lamp start like I used to.

Back