• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cool Interior Mod

DoogieDobe

SM 2003
I have created (and still creating) a pretty cool mod for the interior.

What do you do with the space for your removed rear window when your is in place and in use. Probably most do nothing. Well I have created a pretty cool mod.

I have the The Designs by Doogie Av tool board. I took a bunch of tools and attached them to a board (made of aluminum) that I have created in the rear window holder on the midgate. The uses are many and only limited by your imagination.

Tools
Emergency Stuff
Gun Rack
Soecial Tools
Flashlight

Any other item you want.

The board removes easily to use elsewhere or if you have to drop the midgate. (SO FAR YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE BOARD DUE TO THE SPACE SHIRNKS BETWEEN THE MIDGATE AND SEATS WHEN YOU LOWER THE MIDGATE.)

The only limitations are that the item must fit between midgate and rear seats.

I have a plain model and a diamond plate version.

My question is.... Are there people interested in getting one once they are complete? I will create some options for people via any suggestions you send me.

I don't think I can provide all the connectors that someone may need. The connectors are dependant on what you want to mount. I will take some pics of the raw version.

I also have a source that can powercoat them to match close to the color of your Av. It's cool because the local powdercoating place owner has an Avalanche.

Let me know what you think. If there is enough interest I will start making more. I will also finalize a cost. I am currently unemployed so doing this will help bring some $$$ into the household to pay for my Av and other stuff.

(If you are attending the Valley Fordge GTG in PA you can take a look.)

Thanks for reading.....

DoogieDobe
(Coming soon the Red White and Blue Flaming SOM AV)

DoogieDobe said:
(If you are attending the Valley Fordge GTG in PA you can take a look.)

Thanks for reading.....

DoogieDobe
(Coming soon the Red White and Blue Flaming SOM AV)

Cool! :cool: Can't wait to see it on Sunday! (y)

DoogieDobe,

Where did you get the Red/White/Blue tailgate letters?

Mike

No offense, but you broke your promise.

It is okay though. :)

DoogieDobe said:
I have to do a little more prettying up but I will posts pics later today. ?Promise.

DoogieDobe

Sorry for the delay. It seems to be the rainy season here in Central PA.

Mike -- The Raised Red White and Blue Letters are from www.autotrimdesign.com I also have the side cladding ones in RWB

Here is a picture of the board on the midgate. I am still adding tools to it. So my creation is still in the woorks.

DoogieDobe

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

I like the idea you are now missing the screwdriver rack.

Actually Heavy I do have a plan for the screwdrivers only problem is if you have multiple sizes of screwdrivers you take up a lot of space. I handle that you replace the screwdriver shaft utilizes the space better.

DoogieDobe

Back