• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Grille Guard Opinions Please.

kcksbadboy

I am ready to buy a Grille Guard and have narrowed it doen to the WAAG and Manik.

Anyone have pro's or con's of either? What experiences have you had with them and how are they holding up? Found WAAG as low as $299 w/o shipping and Manik $425 shipped.

I've got the WAAG Frontrunner. Fit good and appears well made. No problems.

kw

It is all about looks.....

I like my WAAG.

Pros; Good fit, easy install, no cut of any bumper material, nice place for driving light install, complements the AV's front end.

Cons; Arrived with a slight rubbed area, on a 2500 AV covers front license plate, long ship time.

The Maniks that I have seen on Fords seem almost the same, the WAAG seems a little heaver and better finished.

Cheers, Jim

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

An eBay listing.

The $299 WAAG was a scam, great reserve and advertisement plan, he then wanted over $95.00 for shipping and handling so it was no big savings.

I got my WAAG through the group buy here - $375 shipped. Seemed like a very good price. Took over two months to arrive though (no big deal to me, but longer than I would expect).

Cheers - Jim

I got my WAAG grille guard and tail guards together in a package, $615-$620 shipped. I had difficulty installing the grille guard, took about 2.30hrs. A lot of the bolts and nuts supplied were wrong size or length, and now at 4.5months after install, parts on the upper support bars are rusting :8:. Even though all of these problems I still like the look of the waag, and plan to put either PIAA 580s or Warn SBD 210s on the front this summer. >:D

I would say get the Waag it is built to last, if you want a little more class get a Manik SS, but it comes with a heavy price tag, usually around $550-$600 w/o shipping.

-James R. :cool:

I think I am leaning toward the Manik. A friend of mine put one on his 2500 HD in 30 minutes, it mounted nice and the parts all seemed correct length.

Did you look into the Tal& Hadas. I think personaly it is better looking the the Manik and WAAG. We had a group buy on these at one time but i think only 2 memeber got them. here is a pic of what it looks like.

Clicked the wrong button and for got to post the pic. I'll get it right this time.

Attachments

• small_front2.JPG
    small_front2.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 29
Here's a smaller waag front runner guard version. :cool: I also have the waag rear bumper guard.

IF Interested in my grill gaurd let me know? i will not be needing it because i have the stealth offroad bumper on it's way
$200.00 pluse shipping... any takers?

kcksbadboy said:
That thing is HUGE!!! Did the bottom skid bar come with also? How many light tabs does it have? Thanks for the info

G

The skidd tubs is what it is called. They are extra but trust me they are a good investment. On my 2002 Avalanche I had before this one, I broke the front bumper cladding 2 times. so that is why I bought this grill guard. In my eyes it is worth it. I can't remember what the whole thing cost. you would have to contact Tal & Hadas. If our group buy is still in effect you get free shipping and some money off.

I checked into the Tal & Hadas, sweet!!! I also found a local dealer that can get it in a few days and he is a friend so the deal may be even sweeter. Thanks for the tip

Back