Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/16/14 05:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hood won't open???  (Read 2875 times)
bbrat

Sask Avy

Awards
« on: 02/06/06 01:26 PM »

Hey, I have a 2003 cladded Z-71 Avy, went to open the hood and nothing.  I pull on the hood opener thing and it feels like it is disconnected?  I took off the plastic around it and the cable is hooked up there but when I pull on it it feels like there is no resistance?  Any ideas?  How canj I open the hood with out this?? Or can I?  Anybody?

Thanks in advance.
bbrat

03' Z71 Cladded Dark Grey Metallic
Mods - Hypertech Max Energy Tuner, Msd Plug Wires, airaid intake mod, Trans cooler, full time amber drl's, mag lite mod, 3" body lift, 285/70/R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Helo Maxx 6 Wheels, pioneer in dash dvd player, all 4 on high, Sirus sat. radio, pioneer premier 12" shallow mount sub in custom split midgate
vertabatt
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

the last thing you see before you die

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 02/06/06 01:50 PM »

this happened to me on my F@rd Taurus... I pulled on the hood release and the whole handle came off--the wire snapped.  I took it in and just asked for the simplest cheapest repair job.

They ended up pulling the release cable out the front of the grill, cutting it shorter so it barely came out of the grill and used electrical tape to attach a big lug nut to the end.  So my hood release is now hanging out the front of the Taurus...which I sold for $400... 

Not sure if they got the hood open or just fished out the cable through the grill... but either way this is a fine solution for a F@rd, but please do not so this to your Av.
« Last Edit: 02/06/06 03:42 PM by vertabatt » Logged
TLB
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Send gas money & tires

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02/06/06 02:16 PM »

Yes you can open your hood from the outside.
Look through your grill at the hood latch, see the small lever below the latch, move it toward the left fender with a long screwdriver and it will open.
Their is alot of tension on it so it moves hard.

CAFCNA Member # 2664

03 2500, 4.10's, Roof marker lamps, 8100 VORTEC decals
 Amber DRL's
 Hypertech III
Chrome H2 Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Fabtech  6"lift

Wave
TLB

Send gas money & tires

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 02/06/06 02:26 PM »

here is a shot of the hood latch, see my rusty screwdriver Roll Eyes to the left of the latch? Move it toward the cable.

CAFCNA Member # 2664

Amber DRL's
 Hypertech III

Wave
bbrat

Sask Avy

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02/07/06 10:10 AM »

Thanks for the info got in no problem.  Nothing seems to be wrong it works fine now, will have to wait and see if it happens again.  Thanks again

03' Z71 Cladded Dark Grey Metallic
Mods - Hypertech Max Energy Tuner, Msd Plug Wires, airaid intake mod, Trans cooler, full time amber drl's, mag lite mod, 3" body lift, 285/70/R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Helo Maxx 6 Wheels, pioneer in dash dvd player, all 4 on high, Sirus sat. radio, pioneer premier 12" shallow mount sub in custom split midgate
TLB

Send gas money & tires

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02/07/06 06:31 PM »

Thanks for the info
no problem Wink

CAFCNA Member # 2664

Amber DRL's
 Hypertech III

Wave
nloonytun

best is yet to come.

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02/07/06 06:39 PM »

spray some white lub on it or wd-40 it just may be sticking

2003,4x4,2500 airaid cool air, amber's, clading emblems, window tint  265/70r16 Michelins, red neons, ftdrl's, 4 on high, fogs on high, l,o,f westin bull bar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: