• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WANT TO FIND BACK GLASS FOR AV Z71

joechilders

I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE MY BACK GLASS INTO THE ONE ON THE Z71. I HAVE A 4X4 GLASS NOW. HOW MUCH WILL ONE COST AND WHERE CAN I FIND ONE. LET ME KNOW CYA ??? :B:

Joechilders

If what your talking about is the fact that the Z71 gives a tinted back window... Why don't you just tint your back window.. Shouldn't be more than $15.00 if you do it your self, or $40.00 at a tint shop, and you hand them to window....

dichris

I thought that tint was standard, not an option, at least on the 2002 AVs, regardless of what model. My 2002 is a very early unit (June 4, 2001), GM couldn't get the tinted windows, so the rear doors came without the tint, the window sticker had a credit for it. The rear window was tinted. When the rear window frame broke GM replaced it under warrenty. I asked for a no tint window replacement and got one, so now none of my windows are tinted. I think some of the early 2002s also came with a no tint rear window.

What year Av do you have, what is the build date or frame build date?

Drivers door jab has the month it was built, the frame under the front passenger has the frame build date (about one week prior to the official build date), and the dealer service dept can provide the actual build date with the VIN.

The no tint rear window means that the auto diming drivers side mirror now works perfectly. With the rear tint, the rear view mirror gets less light, and doesn't need to dim as much. It feeds the drivers side mirror, which then doesn't think it needs to dim as much either, and was almost useless with the tinted rear.

2003 AVs rear window tinted was an option. However, it was only available if you ordered a package...Z66 or Z71 packages, if I remembered correctly... 2002 were suppose to be ALL tinted...

I prefer TINTED.....

All 2002 were suppose to be tinted except factory ran low and substitued some non tinted.......

Been disussed on here bunch of times ask MURMAN from Hawaii.....

Back