Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/17/17 10:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many 02 First Owners Are Left  (Read 211488 times)
Durwin
Charter Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #900 on: 05/04/17 03:55 pm »

Still here. Purchased on 2 May 2002 from Family Chevrolet in Shingle Springs California. I remember about a month after I bought it and had signed the papers, they called and said that I owed them additional money since they calculated the fees incorrectly.

I remember laughing about that. I never did call them back. I never heard from them again. They went out a business a few years later. I can't help but feel somehow responsible.  Big laughter with tears

Oh well.

About 231,000 or so.

Durwin

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500
Indigo Blue Metallic
Graphite
Sacramento California
DeFens

2002 1500 Sunset Orange

Awards
« Reply #901 on: 07/24/17 10:10 pm »

Still have mine, purchased new in August 2001 in Bellevue, WA. It has about 160K miles on it, and I've just started towing a travel trailer with it. One transmission repair at about 80K, and that's it for major stuff. I do need to find and fix one or more cab leaks though.

"To tell you the truth, this isn't really a brains kind of outfit." Benicio del Toro - Way of the Gun
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #902 on: 07/25/17 07:44 am »

Wow DeFens you have been a member since 2004 and this is your first post. Thumbs up!

Glad to see how well the AV is holding up.

2003 2500
FunkyD

Owner of Clifford, the Big Red Truck (2002 Z66)!

Awards
« Reply #903 on: 08/18/17 04:09 pm »

It's been a long while since I've posted, but I bought Clifford new on 1-16-02 and still have him.  162k miles and still rollin'!

This is the list of major items I have fixed up to this point:
- 2 windshield replacements
- Alternator
- A/C compressor
- 2 ABS controllers
- 1 Airbag module corroded due to water leak
- Rear axle bearings
- 3 sets of tires
- 2 transmission flushes and fills
- Anti-knock sensors
- Water pump

Other than that, the drivetrain is still 100% factory (and still on original muffler and exhaust!).  The LM7 engine, which has had Mobil 1 since the factory oil was drained out, still purrs like a kitten.  I'm still on the original fuel pump (knock on wood).

2017 Funky D: iMac, therefore, I am!
RonFore

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #904 on: 08/28/17 05:36 pm »

I have had my 02 since new.  It has approx. 170k on it and over half of those have been pulling a 6000 lb work trailer all over the Southeast.  I am considering repainting and coating the cladding.  Just installed 20 inch Silverado wheels and Mich. tires.  It has been overall the best vehicle I have owned in 50 years of driving. chevy
scottnj1966

Finally my own Avalanche!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #905 on: 11/13/17 06:19 am »

I bought my 2002 in 2004, it has 195,000 miles on it now. Love my Avalanche but I am eyeing a 2013 now.

2002 Chevy Avalanche Pewter Z71 4X4
Daytime Running Light Mod, Power Tailgate Mod, Cargo Light Switch Mod, Torsion Key Mod, sail windows, brake light mod, double din stereo mod
http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/avalanche.htm
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: