• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Show your gas door covers here, PLEASE POST!!!

Here's a pic of my AMP Billet Fuel Door

garage_mod-1859-1097957464_thumb.jpg

Westin here too

Attachments

• PICT0018 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0018 (Medium).JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 537
I have the AMP billet fuel door. We were getting them in a GB we had set-up. The guy doing it was an e-bay type vendor. I think I bought mine for $90.00. I've seen them on the internet for less now. The feature to watch for is the cover complimenting the finger indentation of our trucks.

Attachments

• gas door.jpg
    gas door.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 511
  • gas door open.jpg
    gas door open.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 510
A locking door is an option too.

Jim

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx?categoryid=25&partfamilyid=799&subcategoryid=125

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 497
The Westin and the AMP door are actually one in the same...

AMP sold the licensing to Westin who now makes the door...

You can also get a bright polished chrome version through GM and your local dealer and/or through GM Parts Direct...

However the brushed aluminum is the original...and the only one to my knowledge which accomodates the finger thingy on the sheet metal...

Here is their door which I had polished, black chromed and the bolts gold plated for a different "mod the mod" look...

Attachments

• I C black chrome.9.b.jpg
    I C black chrome.9.b.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 493
I CHNGE said:
The Westin and the AMP door are actually one in the same...

AMP sold the licensing to Westin who now makes the door...

You can also get a bright polished chrome version through GM and your local dealer and/or through GM Parts Direct...

However the brushed aluminum is the original...and the only one to my knowledge which accomodates the finger thingy on the sheet metal...

Here is their door which I had polished, black chromed and the bolts gold plated for a different "mod the mod" look...
I have the same door but have been looking to get another because it is not bling bling enough. Yours is. Did you polish yourself or did you get someone to do it for you. I have even considered getting mine chromed. Any info would be appreciated.

I Really like the Westin or AMP.
http://www.amp-research.com/build/fueldoor/index.asp?id=5

But Just got this in the mail today.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2011138/showCustom-0/p-2011138/N-111%2B10201%2B600001829/c-10101/TID-190003793GS0206

I know it is a stick on but it fits my theme!

derWeinerbell said:
avalanche1.jpg

electric locking, kinda pricey, $400. :eek:
that thing is bad ass...is that the one for a mustang...i've been looking all over for one...where did you get that?

thanks to derWeinerbell and to Daytona for pointing this out to me...i  have looking for this door for a while...it is by Pro-Fit and i have mine on the way. :woot:

MR.SMITH said:
I have the same door but have been looking to get another because it is not bling bling enough. Yours is. Did you polish yourself or did you get someone to do it for you. I have even considered getting mine chromed. Any info would be appreciated.

Hey Mr Smith...

I had a chrome shop polish and black chrome it and gold plate the bolts.  I took the door apart...they did the work...I put it back together and installed it.

You can now buy them bright chrome plated = BLING !!!
I saw them at my Chevy dealer retail for $150.00 and it was/is definately the Westin/AMP door in beeeautiful bright chrome...BLING BLING !!!

Attachments

• I C black chrome.1.a.jpg
    I C black chrome.1.a.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 399
derWeinerbell said:
avalanche1.jpg

electric locking, kinda pricey, $400. :eek:

SWEETNESS :eek: This rocks... >:D  Don?t even want to show mine now? :rolleyes:

The polished aluminum stood out too much on the dark blue, so it came off.
here's my color matched locking fuel door.

Attachments

• P1130062.JPG
    P1130062.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 391
DaytonaZ71 said:
The polished aluminum stood out too much on the dark blue, so it came off.
here's my color matched locking fuel door.

Nice wax job.  :eek:

BigBlackAv said:
thanks to derWeinerbell and to Daytona for pointing this out to me...i? have looking for this door for a while...it is by Pro-Fit and i have mine on the way. :woot:
I have it on mine, its pretty trick :B: Kinda pricey but, my Av is worth it  :love:

I CHNGE said:
Hey Mr Smith...

I had a chrome shop polish and black chrome it and gold plate the bolts.? I took the door apart...they did the work...I put it back together and installed it.

You can now buy them bright chrome plated = BLING !!!
I saw them at my Chevy dealer retail for $150.00 and it was/is definately the Westin/AMP door in beeeautiful bright chrome...BLING BLING !!!
Cool. Thanks for the info. How much they charge you to Chrome plate it?

heres mine......

Attachments

• Image25.jpg
    Image25.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 355
Back