• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Midwest Regional Brat Fest II May 28th 2006

MooCowWithSpots

SM 2003
Ok boys and girls, ladies and germs, the time has come!! The second annual regional bratfest!!!

May 28th 2006. Yes I know it's a sunday but it's Memorial Day weekend and it worked out great for Labor Day weekend and hopefully most people have monday off!

What time? I plan on being there between 11:00 am and Noon.

Where will it be you ask?

Castlewood State Park
1401 Kiefer Creek Road
Ballwin, MO 63021

Shelter 2

http://www.mostateparks.com/castlewood.htm

Murman will provide the brats, Yndio will provide the Old Style beer to bathe the brats in. I will provide buns, chips, plates, napkins, forks and spoons. (do we need knives?) We might need some side dishes, I know most of you will travel so that might be kinda hard but we'll figure something out. Bring your own drinks, be it soda or booze, but if you bring booze bring something to put it in as I'm not sure if they are allowing open containers. If you want other meat to grill, I'm sure we can slap it on next to the brats, bring it along!

Shelter 2 can comfortably seat 70 people. Each shelter has a 4 foot by 4 foot barbecue grill, water fountain, restroom and play space for volleyball, soccer, softball or other group activities. A volleyball net is provided but you will need to bring your own recreational equipment.

Ok last year I got Shelter I, but this year it wasn't available.  They tell me the only difference is it's not right by the creek and that it seats 70 people instead of 100.  So, if you are interested, lemme know!  We'll have brats, and if it's like last year we had burgers and dogs too and Yndio brought fixins for carne asade.  Plus we had desserts and stuff too.  Most people brought their own drinks.  (we also had some sponsorship from Old Style and they donated a TON of beer that Murman used to cook the brats in, plus there was pleny more to drink and there was still a ton left over)  There will be restrooms (they told me they are remodeling them in March before they open this year) and a water fountain and a net for volleyball.   

Ok, so here's a list of who is coming and what they'll bring with....

Tdybr27  plasticware, buns, chips
Murman/Cowgirlup! + 1? brats, grills!
Yndio + 3 brat bathing liquid, taco fixins?
BlondeSherr +1 dessert
BNasty + ?
Earthquake/Aftershock
trAVelingman + ?
KC_Dent
Fouse
coolaidkid + 1
BlueDevil

Maybe:
TNAV + 3

You know I'm in Brotha!!!  I've been in touch with Mr Bean and we are a go with the special ingredient for mr Murman's Brats!!!  I will bring the fixins for the tacos if you guys still want or I can bring something else. 

OK although not perfect, at least we could use this while the official one gets done by Mr Tdybr27

Attachments

• bratfestbanner2006.GIF
    bratfestbanner2006.GIF
    29.8 KB · Views: 108
Where's everyone at?? 

Just got a package today....... let's just say I won't have to spend more on gas by lugging around boxes of bottles!!!!!! :beating: (n)  Murman will know what I'm talking about :beating: :E:

bump!  I got the confirmation in the mail yesterday that we have shelter 2 reserved from 7am til 30 minutes after dark on Sunday! 

Come on people, sign up!!  :wave:

What happened to this thread?  Where is all the chatter.  I was talking with a friend today about making this a weekend retreat.  Rest and relaxation, Six Flags on Saturday, BRATS on Sunday.  I will need the break after Southern Nights...........

Gonna start my crusade to gather some more STL. peeps.  I have a couple good leads around town. 

A side note for future STL GTG's  ( Stratford Inn in Fenton MO. has a great package for any group any size.  Large parking lot, Available rooms for "out-of-towner's"  Bar and Grill, sand volleyball courts.  and with prior approval, personal outdoor BBQ available and a unbelievable 1 free hour of house or well drinks and appetizer buffet with Pizza if wanted. )  I can get more details if anyone is interested for the next go round.

B

TDY, I hate to post, but I am going to be tooooo ill to make this one.  I am sorry, Dylan was really looking forward to seeing everyone. 

I am unable to make the Huntsville trip as well, so realllllly miss the gang.
Sherr

Back