• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

steering stabilizer

jimbo53188

anyone realize the brackets are already there to install a steering stabilizer on a 2500? I was looking under mine the other day and saw the frame mount and the hole in the draglink that the stabilzer mount to! anyone install one and what brand did you use?

The 2500 is meant to have a steering stabilizer. You can use any that are available. Fabtech, Procomp, Rancho, Edlebrock, etc. They are pretty much all the same price, and it's really just personal preference.

-James.

I have a rancho on my 04 2500 if i remember right you can't use the hole with the rancho they send u bolts to clamp it on with.
Have had it on about 1 1/2 years

I can tell you from the fabtech that I have on my 1500, being that each of my wheels weigh 105-110lbs now, it helps a lot in reducing bump steer, and increasing overall handling and stability at high speeds.

-James.

installed tonight,very pleased with the improvement in steering feel,shame on GM for not installing one from the factory like on every other gm truck iv'e ever owned!!!!!!

Sorry to bring up a older topic, but I have to do it. I just put on my Stabilizer WOW what a difference, no wonder and precise steering.

This will be my next addition.  The wife is going to kill me...

For the 30 or 40 bucks well worth it make a world of difference

I noticed that the Rancho is a kit with mounts.  The Fabtech is an OEM replacement.  Which would be the best option and are there any others out there?

Thanks,
John

I bought the Skyjacker

Bolt-on all you have to do is buy the bolt and nut that connects to the frame

Just curious, but what does the stabalizer do for the truck? I am not being stupid, just a new owner looking for some hints

It is a shock that is mounted to the Trucks frame and the steering linkage to dampen road feel. :rolleyes: in a nut shell. :wave:

I personally recommend the Fabtech dual. You have to bend or cut one of the existing brackets, but wow! What a difference, and very easy to install!

I'm sure it would, I know the 4x4 came without one, but check to see if the steering draglink has a mounting hole on your 2 wd

Hey guy's,

Where did you get yours, and do you have any "links" to help me get there?

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Get mine off ebay try a search like "avalanche 2500 steering stabilizer"

Bad Dad said:
Thanks Mich... I'll try that!

Bad Dad

:help:

Okay... let's try another route. Who's got one on their lowered 1500 4X4 ? I find them listed for lifted with certain company's lift kit's, but nothing else. I'm getting some wander/shimmy since putting 20's on.... nothing too extreme, but I'd like to fix it.

BD

Bad Dad? sorry about that, did not realize you have a 1500, you do know this area is for 2500 specific performance mod, I would try the Drivetrain Brake suspension I believe the 1500 came with the stabilizer already.

Back