• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Go Rhino guard finally on

jrtoons

I installed the GoRhino center only grill guard, PIAA 525s and the Line of Fire this weekend by myself.

It was worth the effort.  The guard looks nice, the PIAAs are super bright (fogs and driving lights in one housing) and the Line of Fire lights up the back bright for all the tailgaters to stare at!

I wired the LOF to just the running and brake lights.  I didn't want to have it flash with the turn signals.

Attachments

• gorhino.jpg
    gorhino.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 338
Looks awesome!  (y) I was thinking of this guard myself over the bull bar...can you shoot a side or angled image of the front? Just want to see how it sits.

2002blackedout2500 said:
Looks awesome!  (y) I was thinking of this guard myself over the bull bar...can you shoot a side or angled image of the front? Just want to see how it sits.

The bull bars are pretty useless IMO - you can put lights on them but they aren't mounted very solid and most require you to remove your tow hooks, even though I have never used my front hooks, I like having them.

GT_80 said:
The bull bars are pretty useless IMO - you can put lights on them but they aren't mounted very solid and most require you to remove your tow hooks, even though I have never used my front hooks, I like having them.

Not only that, its hollow tube, its flimsy and offers no protection. Just looks tougher and not really that much

09chevyavy said:
Not only that, its hollow tube, its flimsy and offers no protection. Just looks tougher and not really that much

Yeah I agree but IMO it looks killer...and that's what its for "looks" :) I guess, its all useless...if you have a full grille guard and don't take it off road then it serves no real protection purposes...unless you're protecting your truck from shopping carts.

Funny thing is, I actually just ordered me a black powder coated bull bar (see attached) instead of the full grill guard. I figured although I like the full front protection, I won't be off-roading my AV anytime soon (well not until I do a solid axle swap - maybe) and won't need that protection. So for now, like I said in another thread it will just be for cosmetic purposes. I did a photoshop image of how it would look...I'm lovin' it. Should be here within a week ;) I have four small 2" KC driving lights that I'll probably mount to the guard...I dunno still thinking about it. Instead of a bull guard we should really call it "light mounts" ahahaha!

Attachments

• bullgaurd.jpg
    bullgaurd.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 119
  • bullbar2.jpg
    bullbar2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 119
2002blackedout2500 said:
Yeah I agree but IMO it looks killer...and that's what its for "looks" :) I guess, its all useless...if you have a full grille guard and don't take it off road then it serves no real protection purposes...unless you're protecting your truck from shopping carts.

Funny thing is, I actually just ordered me a black powder coated bull bar (see attached) instead of the full grill guard. I figured although I like the full front protection, I won't be off-roading my AV anytime soon (well not until I do a solid axle swap - maybe) and won't need that protection. So for now, like I said in another thread it will just be for cosmetic purposes. I did a photoshop image of how it would look...I'm lovin' it. Should be here within a week ;) I have four small 2" KC driving lights that I'll probably mount to the guard...I dunno still thinking about it. Instead of a bull guard we should really call it "light mounts" ahahaha!

that will look nice- they are good for mounting lights- I almost put one on my GMC Sierra that I sold but I opted to make a guard/mount for my lights out of 1" tube- took me about 3 hours and $40 in material
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I cut holes in the plastic cover in the front bumper and bolts thick steel plates between the tow hooks and the frame, then bolted the guard onto those plates.

i have used my tow hooks  >:D if you go off roading and theres this thing that starts with a F and a bronco u might have to pull them out  :B:

Back