• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

RC Avalanche 4WD and very fast!

Badmudder

It's a Nitro powered Traxxas 2.5 T-Maxx that I race at the local tracks.? I have a couple other RC's and the family and I do alot of weekend bashing with some buddies with similar toys.? This one does about 35 mph.

DSC03239.jpg

Sweet I just picked up a Savage X and did the same thing. I love this truck !!!? The Neighbor has a T-maxx and a Emaxx and the Savage with the F4.1 eats those two up but he isnt the best driver either :p.? I do like the tmaxx with how easier it is to get to the stuff. That and with the Tmaxx they have a remote glow system. That and I want to get a tuned pipe this stock HPI one isnt the greatest.

HEY , gimme details on that system you have for your glow that would work in my Savage X? !? I hate that I have to take the body off for the av body since I cant get a glow starter in there.

I just made a few bashing videos check them out and if your ever in Norcal let me know and we can hit the local track !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPXiBxzjELc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewYm7cmyxS8

index.php

index.php

My whole family runs R/C's to. The wife and I each got new Traxxas Revos, man those things are awesome! Between the wife, kid and I we have 16 R/C's,
12 of them are nitro. Makes for a lot of fun! (and expense) It is just as addictive as modding!

Nick

I am thinking about picking up a REvo 3.3 when they come out , they sound like they are going to rule the track like the Revos did last year but the shipping dates keep getting pushed further and further back.

I have never seen a more maintenece free nitro then the Revo.
Tuning is easy, and they just run and run - gas and go. The 3.3 should be awesome! Whats the release date?

Towerhobbies has them showing shipping now whoohoo  but they are 529.99 with 30.00 . ALot of money but I am sure it is going to be sweet !

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHP1**&P=ML

The Associated Monster GT is bigger than any of the above, also has huge engine, goes for about 400-450 bucks.    Comes with a 2DR Avalanche Body >:D.

I have one of the very few true Avalanche Body(thnks endvor C) shells made by Bolink(bankrupt),  I haven't painted it yet.................maybe tonight..................

Avialanche said:
Comes with a 2DR Avalanche Body...

Hmmm...never heard of a 2DR Avalanche
  :rolleyes:

I have a T-maxx with a Trinity Picco freaked out .15. Put a slide carb on it, tuned pipe, I use a 7.2V stick battery with a homemade voltage regulator to run my receiver and servos (peaked the voltage to the servos for a little more oomph), plus I used to run LEDs front and rear for playing at night. It's also alot easier to charge up the 7.2stick with a quick charger every couple of days. It lasts forever compared to the small packs.

I used to have aluminum everything but after thrashing it a few times and realizing that nothing wanted to break easily anymore and instead evrything broke equally, I went back to plastic stuff for easier repairs. Now if I break it I only spend 10.00 instead of 100.00!

I am currenty running an old Chevy Pickup body on mine.

Tmaxx.jpg

Tower Hobbies has a pretty good deal on them right now . It is like 430 with 30 off plus shipping.  Great truck , just got back from the track , had a blast today once I was able to get everyone to stop ogleing over it . Most have been waiting to see this truck . Most of the hobby shops sell them as soon as they get them in.

I do enough modding on the AV. here is my RC fetish.......

Attachments

• Freya.JPG
    Freya.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 552
I flew the whirlygigs back in the 80's. `Had three of `em. `Still wanting to get back into it, now that I have some room for all kinds of RC fun (except boats). When time permits.

The Traxxis ~ Savage X look like a hell of a lot of fun too. Definately will consider the idea.
icon_thumright.gif

We now have 2 Tmaxx's.  Just got the second one this week.  I was disappointed to hear they don't have the AV body any longer.  We were at the hobby shop tonight & saw the Escalade.  Guess I will have to pick one of those up.  We have had a great Ohio spring......until today, now it is raining & is suppose to rain until later next week.  I wanna run my Tmaxx!
Traz

Lots of mods and upgrades including my little throt linkage secret !!

Springs , Intergy fuel protector plate, screw kit , fuel line protectors , fuel filter , 40 series crime fighters on proline rims and 23 mm hex hub adapters, venom Radio/Smart Temp , HPI 3 speed Tranny upgrade , HPI polished tuned , JR high Torque steering servo , Savage Central Thort Alum bell crank , HPI HD engine heat sink mount , sure I am forgeting something !

As for it not being as large as the? Monster gt, They are the same size and we have only seen a few at the track. The get eaten up by the savages and Revos :p They just cant keep up with the HPI F4.1 motor or the 3.3 in the revos. They do fair well against the Savage 21's and the Savage 25's? when modded for racing. ut none of these trucks are really meant for racing as much as they are bashing.

Hf98784.jpg

Lf93928.jpg

Xz51642.jpg

Attachments

• 100_2558.JPG
    100_2558.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 100_2559.JPG
    100_2559.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 400
Back