• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

OEM For Assist Steps?

jst4f

Charter Member
SM 2003
As you can see in the attached photo, I damaged my assist steps offroading. I bent one of the support brackets without bending the Al plate/step. Not sure how?
I went to the Chevy dealer to get a replacement bracket and found out that the brackets, plate/step and plastic cover are not sold separately. Only the nuts and bolts hardware is sold separately.
One way to get parts is to contact the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) to see if they will sell me the brackets separately. While they are official AV assist steps, Chevy does not make them. Someone else does. The dealer didn't know who made them. I figure someone on this site will know!!! ;D ???
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• AssistStep.jpg
    AssistStep.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 22
You might check with your dealer to see if they have some boards around, I know some people have had them removed at the dealer to install the tube type bars. You might get them cheap.
You won't know unless you ask ;)

TLB said:
You might check with your dealer to see if they have some boards around, I know some people have had them removed at the dealer to install the tube type bars. You might get them cheap.
You won't know unless you ask ;)

Thank you for the suggestion. I agree which is what I did when I found out that Chevy only sells the complete package. The dealer did not have any spares or damaged steps or any used or returned steps. If I can't get the name of the OEM I will also try the junk yards. If none of that works out I will try to rebend the backet back to close to original shape. I prefer a replacement bracket.

i have seen the OEM name somewhere on the site but i dont remember where (it was back in august or sept) try a search back that far on Assist Steps.

Back