• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

E-85 & Hypertech 3 ?

freezeradio

:help: I am looking for answers.I have contacted Hypertech support and have not gotten an answer from them about using E-85 (Ethanol) fuel.Does anyone know about this? The programmer only has an option for 87 or 93 octane ,And E-85 is 104 octane.With the price of Gasoline going up every day ,I would like to run Ethanol .It is less per gallon .But not as good as gas milage.They also say that after a few tanks your milage will improve. :help:I would like to know if I have to go to the stock setting to run Ethanol. :help: :E: :E: :E: :E: :E: :E: :drive: :cheers: :woohoo:

Try running the premium and check your plugs after 500 miles for detonation. If you are detonation than go back to pure gas. Sunoco is 10% ethanol, others are 0%. It has to be on the pump by law  (Fed. law i believe).

Ethanol has more octane and less btu/gallon. The btu is the energy content thus you will put out lower hp per lb. of fuel. Partially offset by increased tuning parameters.

Avalon

Back