• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Thoughts on the EXT...

ChevyFreak

Personally, I think it's a bit insulting to the Avalanche.  I mean, in comparison, the EXT is much bulkier, both in height and in width.  The front end alone sticks out like a sore thumb.  I believe if you're gonna own an Escalade, get the one that resembles the Tahoe...  Even then, I don't see myself owning an Escalade.  I'm sticking to Chevrolet all the way.

ChevyFreak said:
Personally, I think it's a bit insulting to the Avalanche.? I mean, in comparison, the EXT is much bulkier, both in height and in width.? The front end alone sticks out like a sore thumb.? I believe if you're gonna own an Escalade, get the one that resembles the Tahoe...? Even then, I don't see myself owning an Escalade.? I'm sticking to Chevrolet all the way.
Just because you can't afford one, don't mean you have to bash it!!  There is a thread for that elsewhere!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Feh, I don't care that I can't afford one.  I don't think you've been told, but everyone IS entitled to their own opinions.  And I'll say what I will about the EXT.

ChevyFreak said:
Feh, I don't care that I can't afford one.? I don't think you've been told, but everyone IS entitled to their own opinions.? And I'll say what I will about the EXT.

Opinions are like A$$holes!! EVERYONE has one!!  :wave:

Do I care?  I could couldn't give 2 craps about the EXT...  I'm gonna own an Avalanche, pure and simple. :B:

Why not save up some money, then use the Ava. as a trade-in?  I think you could get close to getting one.  Maybe about $500 down and the Ava. as a trade-in, I don't see you needing a huge loan afterwards.

ChevyFreak said:
Why not save up some money, then use the Ava. as a trade-in?? I think you could get close to getting one.? Maybe about $500 down and the Ava. as a trade-in, I don't see you needing a huge loan afterwards.

Can't trade my Av !! I  :love: it!!! 

The EXT is a nice Caddy.  I am just not a fan of Caddys.  I will stick with my Chevy, thank you very much.

But if was going to get a Caddy, the EXT would be first on my list.  Nice truck.

JP

SabreXray said:
The EXT is a nice Caddy.? I am just not a fan of Caddys.? I will stick with my Chevy, thank you very much.

But if was going to get a Caddy, the EXT would be first on my list.? Nice truck.

JP
Ditto. ?I actually looked at the EXT's before the Av, but just couldn't justify spending $45K on a used vehicle.

Yakmar said:
Doesn't change the fact that you can't afford one!!! :p :p

Hay Yak.....

Did you read the new CC's code of ethics?    lol

It's not nice to .......... oh to hell with it,  I cant breath I laughing so hard

wow they just let anybody join this club (n)
I don't care what you think but there is like a million different places you could post here and you have to start bashing the EXT :welcome:

Yak, you are still the best

BTW there is already a section for bashing

Yeah, I know, and I posted in there too.  Hahah.  I couldn't help myself though once I saw the name of this forum.  And 'just anyone'?  That's kinda cold.  I happen to be very much in love with the Avalanches, and this place is perfect for me.  *ahem* :B:

I just finished test driving a 2007 Escalade and I was thoroughly impressed.  The power and refinement was incredible.  The truck I drove had the factory "22" wheels and it rode so much smoother than my Av with "22" wheels.  Don't get me wrong I love my truck but wow I was impressed with the Caddy.  I am really anxious to see what the EXT's will be like when they hit the showroom floor.  Currently I am leaning towards trading in the AV and getting a 2007 EXT.

RichUF said:
I still hate the EXT? ?<--- handy link to the thread you've already found on the subject

;)
I have to agree with ya as I own a 03 EXT out of the blue.I drove both the 07 Av and 07 EXT. I still think my 03 EXt drives better than the new Av. It is nice to see chevy make the jump to the 6.0 but as soon as that happened EXT got the 6.2 and the 6 speed but as you said the power refinement is very impressive 400 hp in the EXt really gets up and scoots compared to my 6.0 340 hp.Todays New Av has everything my 03 has except hid lights. So way to go chevy, I like both trucks in their own way.

I like both.  My other truck is an EXT wannabe, the Denali.  After some basic mods to the AV and I can see why the EXT is a bargain.

Tuned 6.0, Upgraded exhaust, Denali/EXT cluster, Denali/EXT cladding, Chrome Rims, Upgraded Grill(I like the denali's better than the EXT (sorry)), Upgraded Leather, Black Cherrywood Trim, Upgraded Computer/Trip, Adjustable Headrests, subwoofer, bumper covers(mute now on the 07s)....

The only thing I don't like about the Denali is the AWD, no 4xHigh or Low is selectable (I get worse mileage and tires seems to get chewed up faster).

In either case, I'm happy with both my AV and EXT(or Escalade) wannabe....

I would own a EXT, if the price was right  :cool: I like the looks of them and would concider it as my Sunday driver.

Sam

Back