• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

KEY MOD

StrobinAvalanche

The pictures speak for themselves . . .
18017295.jpg

18017288.jpg

:B: :B:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
I feel a Red Sharpie attack coming on...... >:D

Nice touch!

Jake

LOL!!! :2: you guys are extreme! Even a mod for the keychain. I must bow to you guys ;)

You guys are sick! You need professional help. Fast.

............Ummmm Honey? Have you seen my keys?

spectron65 post pics if you do this key mod. I'd like to see how it turns out for you. Yes, yes indeed we/I need some help. LOL

Strobin, my friend...

I have a crystal ball.

I see a reflective AV key in the very near future.

You wanna talk bored? I was so bored today I painted another portion of my AV. It is sitting in my garage right now drying. Tune in tomorrow and I will have the complete blow-by-blow account of the whole sordid affair.

Didn't you paint the grab handles red??? Reflective Bowtie on the key now that would be a good touch. Am I the first to paint the keys????

I was at Del Taco this afternoon and this guy with a brand new white Ford F150 Super Crew started talking to me.

We checked out each other's ride and he actually thought those grab handles came with color! He really liked it. Then I showed him mine and he showed me his (we are talking about trucks of course).

Bottom line, when he opened his tailgate I looked inside the cargo bay--there was nothing to write home about.
No nifty tie downs, cargo lamps, no grab handles, all those clever little things we enjoy daily with our AVs.
He had a bare black liner and the portion of it (where our midgate would be) is just a big embossed "Ford" logo.

We parted ways after finishing our El Grande Burritos and I ?am thinking to myself...

God I love my truck--it has so many things I can lay my grubby little hands on if I so desire.

My AV is my blank canvas--unfortunately, I am no Picasso (but I am trying)

spectron said:
We checked out each other's ride and he actually thought those grab handles came with color! He really liked it. Then I showed him mine and he showed me his (we are talking about trucks of course).

I'm glad it was the trucks and not anything else. I bet that guy wishes he had an Av. So was I right about the grab handles???

By the looks of it I was right. Are you going to paint the numbers that are on each of the hardtop panels red too??? How about CHEVROLET on the tailgate are you going to get the stickers for that???

Oh crap... I thought I could relax. Now I gotta get the paint pens out!!! Nice touch.

As for the F150, it was something I considered when I was shopping. Suffice it to say I never even got to the test drive.

Strobin_Avalanche said:
By the looks of it I was right. ?Are you going to paint the numbers that are on each of the hardtop panels red too??? ?How about CHEVROLET on the tailgate are you going to get the stickers for that???

Very hard to paint those number 1-2-3 on the panels. Won't even try. You know how I know? I tried painting those raised symbols in the engine compartment pointing towards the plastic "Vortec" intake manifold cover. Boy, they came out yucky!. Wiped them clean and back to basic black again.

No stickers whatsoever planned (Stripeman or otherwise) on the Chevrolet in the back for 2 reasons:

1. Won't stand up to the intense 125+ degree AZ heat in summers.

2. I am silently protesting why GM didn't stamp out "AVALANCHE" instead of the generic "CHEVROLET" in 99.999% of its trucks.

Nope, the part I painted tonight is different, but I believe it will really stand out.

spectron said:
2. I am silently protesting why GM didn't stamp out "AVALANCHE" instead of the generic "CHEVROLET" in 99.999% of its trucks.

I totally agree with you on that one. I am going to see if I can get the tailgate off of an EXT(which is blank) because I don't like that on the back. AVALANCHE would have looked sooooooo much cooler

Strobin_av,
How in the world do you get your SIG to do that flasher thing-
THAT IS TOOOOOOOOOO F'ing COOL!
I need that.
Please email or post here on the way to make that work\
Please?

Back