• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Carbon Fiber Bowtie Overlay

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
I have seen the Chevy Avalanche Carbon Fiber Bowtie Kits
on eBay for a long while now. I am wondering if anyone has put one of these on and what kind of luck you had. He is selling them two in a pack for your bid "in case you screw up the first one" so it makes me think that they are not easy to put on. If you have done it, how easy is it and did they stay on through carwashes etc? BTW I love the look of them!

See The Carbon Fiber Overlay Here

I purchased this item for my 2003 Summit White Z66. I'm trying to go with the carbon fiber look (or white/black). It was easy to install and I like the looks (low $ mod). I would wait until it is above 60 degrees outside.

ki-av, is is just a piece of stick-on vinyl that wraps around? I happen to have a couple sheets of that.

Z66 BUTCH said:
I have seen the Chevy Avalanche Carbon Fiber Bowtie Kits
on eBay for a long while now. I am wondering if anyone has put one of these on and what kind of luck you had. He is selling them two in a pack for your bid "in case you screw up the first one" so it makes me think that they are not easy to put on. If you have done it, how easy is it and did they stay on through carwashes etc? BTW I love the look of them!

See The Carbon Fiber Overlay Here

I got it from eBay, and I love the look. It sticks well and after 10k miles and many washes and snow storms, it hasnt come off or started to peel. I am happy. I did get the item because a stone crack my bowties, so the item is a nice mod and coverup.

txyank1,

Yes. This is a vinyl sticker. Seller on ebay sends two stickers and directions on install. Wet bowtie surface and apply (centering and working out bubbles). It was simple and looks good. I like it because it fits my white/black look. Sets it apart from the factory gold bowtie on all AV's.

I bought it and didnt even mess up the first one it was so easy. It has been on since October and still looking good. Well worth the money. SEE PIC.

Attachments

• Carbon_BT.JPG
    Carbon_BT.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 384
I think I should get me one. I have to start my collection of custom bowties. I'll have one for everyday of the week . . . how about every month HeHe

$2 for a sheet of carbon vinyl on ebay 15mins with a sharp knife, looks pretty good to me :)

SS

Attachments

• carbon bowtie.jpg
    carbon bowtie.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 360
It's a little dirty here but I'm happy with the result.  It looks like it's going to last but even if it only held up a year, I wouldn't mind if I had to refresh it every year.  Its that cheap and  easy.

grillJPG by soonere39, on Flickr

there are many styles too choose in vinyl cover ups and nice ideas to customize the look from matte blacks to chromes to all kinds of exotic colors and carbon fiber styles.
If anyone ever has any questions about color changing truck wraps or any kind of custom graphics, I've been doing it for about 25 years.

Happy to find this site and pick your brains...feel free to ask me any questions about truck wraps, custom graphics, paint protection films or plasti dip treatments.

look forward to hearing from you :)

I just bought the stuff for a carbon fiber bowtie overlay. Does anyone have any tips as to how to apply it? I wanna make sure I get it done right the first time.

Back