• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cab Marker Lights

GRIZZLYOFMS

has anyone installed yukon denali cab marker lights on there AV yet?want to do this but kinda of scared.never fooled with a headliner.seen patrs list in here somewhere.let me know please

What do the cab lights on a Denali Look like?? Is it the one's with the three-light middle cluster with the two outside marker lights?

this is a mod that i have been dying to do ever since i got my av, but have not had the b@@s to do it, was waiting for someone else to do it first,I do think it would look good tho

There are a number of us who have done this.  The headliner is a non issue, once you get the sun visor unscrewed (torx bit) and the center overhead console down and the a-pillar covers off...the headliner is just velcro'd up there.  If you've got a sunroof, just pull the moulding off the perimeter of the hole for the sunroof (it just slips on and off).

It's the drilling holes in your roof that are the killer  :p

284IMAGE0011-med.JPG

There are a couple of posts around here on this, take a look-see  :)

284IMAGE0021-med.JPG

A few of us have them!  :cool:
Bowtie.jpg

I've got mine tied into the running lights, so they come on with the switch, or with the auto headlight control.

For those who have installed cab marker lights.......I just finished my install but have a problem.  The center light is sufficiently bright.  But the remaining four bulbs are about half lit.  Anyone encounter a similar problem?  Any ideas what might be causing this?

I installed the power from the unused male terminals in the passenger side fuse box.  Both ground and hot leads.  Then ran the wires up the pilar, across the headliner, and connected to the three lamps.

Not sure how my ground could be bad.  Maybe the lead I am connecting to doesnt provide the proper amps?  Help!  It looks like crap.

Thanks.

GRIZZLYOFMS said:
has anyone installed yukon denali cab marker lights  on there AV yet?want to do this but kinda of scared.never fooled with a headliner.seen patrs list in here somewhere.let me know please

Here is mine, pics included. 

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,72037.0.html

I did that the day after I got my AV.
Get out that drill :eek:

Attachments

• PICT0030.JPG
    PICT0030.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 182
Back