• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CAMPING AT FOLSOM LAKE - MEGA MEET!!!

bludrgn2

I just Reserved from the 22nd of Sept. till the 25 of Sept. at Folson Lake which is not too far from Discovery Park. Thanks for the info, what a big help.
Join in and lets build a fire. My wife and I are is space #7 on the BEAL SIDE. Only $15 a day.  You can have up to 8 people and two vehicles. Join us!!!  :welcome:

Attachments

• My-Ride.jpg
    My-Ride.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 101
Excellent!
That makes room for 16 people and four Avs.. think they will notice a few more? This all makes for a real good time!

Av'n It,
Todd

Paul - are you going to hook up with us to go North?

Nick

that's such an awesome idea !  we don't live that far from ya so if u're up for some late night marshmallows, we'd like to stop by and say hi one of the nights u're in town, or just have the campers over to our house for some home cooked food...  pm me if u're interested in either option :)

PaulsAv said:
when are you leaving on thursday?
We planned on leaving very early Friday morning to beat traffic and have the whole day ahead of us for food shopping, setting up, etc.
I really like that camper you put on your AV. What did that run you and is it easy to install?

It was already on it when I got the truck with only 1,600 miles on it.
somebodys financing must have not gone thru.
search snugtop there is quite of few who have them. the biggist loss is that it sits on the lids of the side boxs so unless you cut into the bed and put marine
hatches it is wasted space.

We better get started on those Marshmallow guns.......
Make room for me around the campfire.....I'll sign up for the S'more fixins.. :cool:

I just reserved spot #9 in the Beal Campsite..... :cool:
Just in case anyone is in need of staying overnight....

Very COOL! Is the Lake boatable swimable. I have a inflatable tandem kayak I'll bring if so. Relax on the water during hot day! :B:

They mentioned that there was wi-fi at a life guard tower so I would assume ther is definitly swimming

Blu said:
Very COOL! Is the Lake boatable swimable. I have a inflatable tandem kayak I'll bring if so. Relax on the water during hot day! :B:

i don't see why not... there's always boats in the water so u should be fine.  :)

:B: :cheers:This sounds like it will be lots of fun. Be a very nice vacation for us. Be nice to drive the AV on the Lake. Ha Ha Ha!

Attachments

• AVBoat.jpg
    AVBoat.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 59
Hey there you go Blu!  :laugh:

Av'n It,
Todd

Blu said:
:B: :cheers:This sounds like it will be lots of fun. Be a very nice vacation for us. Be nice to drive the AV on the Lake. Ha Ha Ha!

now that's funny right there!
I'd pay to ride on that!  :cool:

I would love to see an Av boat!!

Av'n It,
Todd

The Kidlets and I headed over to Beals Point in Folsom yesterday and today.  I can not believe we have not been here before, it was awesome!  I brought along the camera to take pics for this thread....
To answer the questions: At Beals Point there is a boat ramp, more for the smaller fishing boats.  There is a great beach which is bouyed off with a life guard. There is a snack bar and boat/rafts/waverunners/beach balls, etc. for rent. It is very clean and family oriented.

The water is great, swimmable. The bottom is level, which means you can walk out quite a ways, no sudden drop off. It is for the most part sandy bottomed.

Pic 1: Overlooking Beals Point from top of beach
Pic 2: This is the other side of the parking lot

Attachments

• bealspt.JPG
    bealspt.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 37
  • bealspt4.JPG
    bealspt4.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 37
Wading out enjoying the view..... :cool:

One of the Life Guards..... :p

Attachments

• bealspt2.JPG
    bealspt2.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 56
  • bealspt3.JPG
    bealspt3.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 52
I was going off memory..I thought 2 of you reserved campsite 7 & 8....here are pics of the campground at Beal Point.

Pic of Campsite's 7 & 8
Pic of Campsite 8 a little more close-up

Attachments

• campground1.JPG
    campground1.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 50
  • campground2.JPG
    campground2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 50
Better shot of Campsite #7

Showers and Restrooms

Attachments