• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'07 Programer for more V4

brianm

Just wanted to start a discussion about a programmer for the '07s.  Seems to me that one of these companies ought to be working on a mileage tune that makes the vehicle run in V4 more often. 

Because of the amount of miles I drive I would definitely be interested in having the truck run V4 more often especially on the freeway.  As soon as you give it any gas it switch back to V8.  Under light excelleration I would sacrafice a little performance for the mileage.  Obviously this would probably require a little heavier foot in order to engage V8 mode but seems like a descent trade off. 

Just seems like GM tuned the '07 for best mix of performance and mileage. I would be willing to sacrifice some on the performance side for more mileage.  I would think a good 'tune' with the DOD could probably easily net another 10% infuel mileage.

brianm said:
Just wanted to start a discussion about a programmer for the '07s.? Seems to me that one of these companies ought to be working on a mileage tune that makes the vehicle run in V4 more often.?

Because of the amount of miles I drive I would definitely be interested in having the truck run V4 more often especially on the freeway.? As soon as you give it any gas it switch back to V8.? Under light excelleration I would sacrafice a little performance for the mileage.? Obviously this would probably require a little heavier foot in order to engage V8 mode but seems like a descent trade off.?

Just seems like GM tuned the '07 for best mix of performance and mileage. I would be willing to sacrifice some on the performance side for more mileage.? I would think a good 'tune' with the DOD could probably easily net another 10% infuel mileage.

This is easy....

HP Tuners.......    http://www.hptuners.com/   

brianm said:
Just wanted to start a discussion about a programmer for the '07s.? Seems to me that one of these companies ought to be working on a mileage tune that makes the vehicle run in V4 more often.?

Because of the amount of miles I drive I would definitely be interested in having the truck run V4 more often especially on the freeway.? As soon as you give it any gas it switch back to V8.? Under light excelleration I would sacrafice a little performance for the mileage.? Obviously this would probably require a little heavier foot in order to engage V8 mode but seems like a descent trade off.?

Just seems like GM tuned the '07 for best mix of performance and mileage. I would be willing to sacrifice some on the performance side for more mileage.? I would think a good 'tune' with the DOD could probably easily net another 10% infuel mileage.
It def does seem like a easy choice.. the performance will always be there, but you'll have it hang in v4 alittle longer to keep the gas savings up  :D

Back