Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/21/14 07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reverse light wire for backup cam - Wiring diagram for 07?  (Read 43542 times)
oilfieldtrash
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a mid-life crisis thing. Deal with it.

WWW Awards
« on: 08/17/06 02:13 PM »

I just bought a (cheap) backup camera system for my 2007 LS, and will need to splice into the reverse light circuit at the dash and in back.

Is there a wiring diagram available to mere mortals (i.e., not GM maintenance techs)? 

If not, does anyone know what wires I should be looking for at the dash fuseblock and in back (preferably at the trailer hookup rather than at the tail light cluster?).

Thanks....

Bermuda Blue 2007 LS Flex Fuel, debadged with "Avalanche" in classic font lettered on doors, tailgate and bugshield, Corsa Sport exhaust, leveled with 2" drop Belltech springs in the rear, Husky splashguards, Mid-Deck,ambers, aftermarket window tint, AVS Bugflector II, graphics on back glass, Carriage Works billet grill & tow hook covers, BakFlip bed cover ...
enine

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/17/06 06:58 PM »

The wiring for the 07's is available on the gmupfitter site now.
Steel

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08/18/06 07:19 AM »

Link: '07 Manuals

'11 EXT Lux AWD (traded)
'07 Avalanche LTZ 4x4 (traded)
'12 Corvette Z06 Centennial/Carbon 3LZ
oilfieldtrash
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a mid-life crisis thing. Deal with it.

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08/18/06 09:50 AM »

Thanks to both of you.  The site does not specifically list the Avalance - I presume that the "2007 ALL NEW C/K FULL SIZE TRUCK, ELECTRICAL - Utilities SUV (Chevrolet Tahoe & Suburban, GMC Yukon & Yukon XL) and Light Duty Pickups (Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra)" manual is applicable to the Avalanche?

Bermuda Blue 2007 LS Flex Fuel, debadged with "Avalanche" in classic font lettered on doors, tailgate and bugshield, Corsa Sport exhaust, leveled with 2" drop Belltech springs in the rear, Husky splashguards, Mid-Deck,ambers, aftermarket window tint, AVS Bugflector II, graphics on back glass, Carriage Works billet grill & tow hook covers, BakFlip bed cover ...
enine

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08/18/06 11:46 AM »

yes, its the same for all three
gdoebs

Can't...stop...thinking...mods...

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/16/07 09:16 PM »

I just bought a Winplus camera and need to connect the monitor to the 12 volt + back up light in the cab. I looked through the entire 07 manual but couldn't find where to do that...probably cause I don't understand them!

Does anyone know where a 12 volt + wire is for the reverse lights in the cab? Help me!

2007 LT Silver Birch Metallic
Current mods: amber DRLs, 8020 Bed Rack, Winplus backup cam, Steel Slide, Hella FF200 fogs, PIE iPod adapter, Magellan GPS.
TBD Mods: ladder rack, custom center console, aux lights, inverter...
Check out my av mod blog
My .mac homepage
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12/16/07 09:29 PM »

I just bought a Winplus camera and need to connect the monitor to the 12 volt + back up light in the cab. I looked through the entire 07 manual but couldn't find where to do that...probably cause I don't understand them!

Does anyone know where a 12 volt + wire is for the reverse lights in the cab? Help me!

Reverse lights are Dk.blue wire At BCM, White conn, pin 22, The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the left of the steering column.
gdoebs

Can't...stop...thinking...mods...

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12/17/07 07:39 PM »

Thanks! I should be able to find that...I hope. Roll Eyes

2007 LT Silver Birch Metallic
Current mods: amber DRLs, 8020 Bed Rack, Winplus backup cam, Steel Slide, Hella FF200 fogs, PIE iPod adapter, Magellan GPS.
TBD Mods: ladder rack, custom center console, aux lights, inverter...
Check out my av mod blog
My .mac homepage
mat18

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 05/20/08 01:25 PM »

Reverse lights are Dk.blue wire At BCM, White conn, pin 22, The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the left of the steering column.

I was wondering how do you access the BCM. Do you have to remove the trim under the steering wheel or do you go under the dash. I'm trying to find that blue wire. I posted this pic maybe you guys could help me out.
« Last Edit: 05/20/08 01:30 PM by mat18 » Logged
enine

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 05/20/08 06:26 PM »

No need to dig into the bcm, its right there on the mbec.
Look at page D131 circuit 38, there are three places on the mbec and I bet the one for the factory camera is empty since you don't have it.
mat18

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 05/21/08 04:19 AM »

No need to dig into the bcm, its right there on the mbec.
Look at page D131 circuit 38, there are three places on the mbec and I bet the one for the factory camera is empty since you don't have it.

sorry I have no idea how to read all of that stuff.  Huh  banghead
dsteinmann

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 08/06/08 06:01 PM »

Whats the MBEC

2007 -
enine

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 08/06/08 06:12 PM »

Mid Bussed Electrical Center

You have the mid, left and right dash and underhood.
dsteinmann

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 08/13/08 03:37 PM »

is that the MBEC in the picture above with the green, white and oragne conector?

2007 -
enine

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 08/13/08 04:25 PM »

Is yours the new style or 99-07 style?  In the new ones they combined a couple.

Either way go to www.gmupfitter.com then publications, light duty, year and the electrical guide.
dsteinmann

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 08/13/08 06:06 PM »

2007 it looks like the picture

2007 -
Fred07AV

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 08/27/08 05:35 AM »

I also just purchased the Winplus @ Costco (now $69).  Any luck finding the back-up wire under the dash on the 07's.   I'll be looking for that wire myself.  A picture would be so helpful.

Thanks,
Fred
07AvySS
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: 01/23/09 06:41 AM »

I just tapped into the green wire coming off my tail lights...works great...only comes on when I'm in reverse. I'm thinking about putting secondary power switch in the cab though.

TRUCK IS SOLD

Current Vehicles - 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE & 2004 Yamaha GP1300R
old skool

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 03/14/09 02:34 PM »

I was wondering how do you access the BCM. Do you have to remove the trim under the steering wheel or do you go under the dash. I'm trying to find that blue wire. I posted this pic maybe you guys could help me out.

Have seen lots of threads on this, but no definitive answers to where the reverse wire is. Can someone tell me where the wire is in the picture, please.

Ebony 2007 LS
old skool

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 03/15/09 06:21 PM »

Have seen lots of threads on this, but no definitive answers to where the reverse wire is. Can someone tell me where the wire is in the picture, please.
I'm not sure if the dark blue wire is the reverse or not. I did test it in park and there was no power, but then I shifted to reverse and I had power. But....I unplugged that whole connector and I still had reverse lights. It's the connector in the picture above the black one.

Ebony 2007 LS
old skool

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 03/16/09 05:39 PM »

I'm not sure if the dark blue wire is the reverse or not. I did test it in park and there was no power, but then I shifted to reverse and I had power. But....I unplugged that whole connector and I still had reverse lights. It's the connector in the picture above the black one.

Confirmed...dark blue wire it is.  Cheesy

Ebony 2007 LS
Wattertoys

NO one told me about MOD FEVER!

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 04/11/09 07:50 PM »

this looks like a great mod.
Cant wait to see some completed ones.
DAvid

2005 z71 Clad, 5.3, Dark Gray. Tint all. double tint rear window. Backup sensor, w/ led overhead readout, Factory 20's, leds in console, Gatorback, Silverstar headlights, fog lights, 50 watt backuplights, All on high, Ambers of course. Weathertech floor liners, led in rear console, in dash mp3 aux input, Factory mud flaps. DEI Remote Start, hard wire Radar Detector, GM Performance Exhaust and Chorme tip.rebadged with 2008 z71 tahoe badges, HID Low, Hid Fog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: