Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/23/14 01:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: www.mygmlink.com  (Read 5569 times)
2007AVLT3

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 09/11/06 07:03 PM »

I got notice from GM yesterday that my Avalanche was registered with mygmlink.com. I tried a couple of weeks ago and it said my VIN was invalid. I sent them a message about it and they got back to me yesterday.  (and a coupon for a free oil change for my problems....).

No downloadable owners manual yet.... getting a 404 (page not found) on that page.

2007 - Avalanche (LT3 + sunroof +roof rack and rain sense wipers)
Garmin Nuvi 700
Whelen Flatliner Dual Blue Strobes
Chevy Bug Shield, Mud Flaps, Vent Visors
Westin Bull Bar
Whelen Responder LP (Blue LED) ** Latest Addition **
2007AVLT3

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 09/11/06 07:07 PM »

If one of the moderators/site admins want me to send them the Quick Guide and Navagation Guide. let me know and I will send them the pdfs.

Garmin Nuvi 700
Westin Bull Bar
onyx_z71

Maggie = displacement on demand

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 09/11/06 07:13 PM »

I've had my Av registered with mygmlink.com for quite some time, and when I registered my GTO, it told me it could take a couple months for it to get into the "system". I checked earlier today, it's still not in, and it's been well over 2 months. I attributed the delay to the 0% for 72 they had going and all the sales resulting from that, but if they're throwing out free oil changes, I'm getting in contact with them tomorrow.

Thanks,
Mark

'02 Onyx black Z-71 bought new on 8/27/02 and sold 1/17/08. I miss it.

'08 Onyx black GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab SLT Z-71

'05 Quicksilver Pontiac GTO A4 - Magnacharger, Yank SC-3000 converter, coated Kooks 1-7/8" long tube headers, Magnaflow cat-back, Hotchkis sways, Pedders springs and bushings.
11.49 @ 118.98
USA1fan
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

2007 Avalanche LTZ 4x4

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 09/12/06 08:32 AM »

I got notice from GM yesterday that my Avalanche was registered with mygmlink.com. I tried a couple of weeks ago and it said my VIN was invalid. I sent them a message about it and they got back to me yesterday.  (and a coupon for a free oil change for my problems....).

No downloadable owners manual yet.... getting a 404 (page not found) on that page.

Same thing here.  Since I'm military and want my home state plates I registered the Av using my parents' address.  And since I'm named after my father (got used to being called "Junior" by relatives all the time Tongue), I expect he'll enjoy the free oil change (GM has a habit of leaving off the ',Jr.' in the mailing address).  I'll have to be sure and tell him "Merry X-Mas" next time.  (/me being a cheap sob  ).

[
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 09/12/06 09:08 AM »

Send stuff to DOUGD..... thanks.

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
onyx_z71

Maggie = displacement on demand

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 09/12/06 10:12 AM »

I contacted them, and I'm looking for my free oil change.  I couldn't get the dealer to throw in the first one on the GTO. I didn't mention it until after the price was settled upon, and synthetic is expensive, so I decided to eat it. Let's see if GM eats it.   Grin

Mark

'02 Onyx black Z-71 bought new on 8/27/02 and sold 1/17/08. I miss it.

'08 Onyx black GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab SLT Z-71

'05 Quicksilver Pontiac GTO A4 - Magnacharger, Yank SC-3000 converter, coated Kooks 1-7/8" long tube headers, Magnaflow cat-back, Hotchkis sways, Pedders springs and bushings.
11.49 @ 118.98
2007AVLT3

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 09/14/06 04:34 PM »

Send stuff to DOUGD..... thanks.

Just sent it to him.

Garmin Nuvi 700
Westin Bull Bar
TIETANIC

This is the all new Wagon-Queen Family Truckster

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06/29/08 04:07 PM »

I'm just totally agrivated. 

I have been tracking everything on www.mygmlink.com since I bought my truck.  I tracked all the service done to it, as well as every time I waxed it, changed the wiper blades, and even the Avg MPG each season.  Then (for whatever reason) GM decided to ship this responsibility over to YAHOO.COM.  Fortunately, I already have a yahoo account, because if not, you would need to create one.  I finally get everything all set up, and the first thing I notice is you can no longer correct the current mileage.  It appears that it now comes from the monthly Onstar diagnostic.  For whatever reason, all of my VIN is now XXXXXXX except for the last four digits, but yet my personal information is all readily accessable to YAHOO without even bothering to ask me if this was OK.  The next thing I notice is that when you go to a GM dealer for service, it states that it will no longer automatically enter this information into your service history.  Fine.  A pain to have to enter it manually, but whatever.  I'll have to go to my insurance company's website when I am at a computer and want to know my complete VIN.

The next thing I notice is that ALL OF MY SERVICE HISTORY IS GONE.  ALL OF IT.  So I call up GM and they open a ticket.  I am assigned a long number by someone with a middle eastern accent so heavy, that I can barely understand what she is saying.  She tells me she will investigate and call me back in a week.  She calls me back and tells me to try again.  Still nothing.  So she calls me back a week later and tells me that they are still looking into the problem, but they are closing my ticket.  HUH?

So here it is three weeks later and I still can't access my service history.  And it is another case of "something that worked perfectly well, but had to be changed without being tested" over at GM.

2004 Avalanche Z71 Cladded White with OEM Nav

Limitless MPG.  Just point the Avalanche toward your destination, wait for the earth to shift on it's axis, walk to the other end, and you're there!
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06/29/08 04:15 PM »

Do you mean after this page

Good news, GM owner: You have a new GM Owner Center to experience.
       It's powered by Yahoo! and packed with enhanced functionality. And
 to make the whole experience that much better, we'll even redirect
you there to register. What's more, if you login to the new site by
August 29, 2008, we'll carry over all your existing vehicle information
automatically. Ready? Set? Go.
TIETANIC

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 06/29/08 04:18 PM »

Yeah,  they send you to a yahoo powered site, it shows my XM and Onstar subscriptions etc, but when you click on the service history tab it is empty.

The woman at GM told me that a lot of other people have called in about it and weren't too happy.

banghead  banghead  banghead  banghead

It took me a long time to get all that in there...  I need a hug

Limitless MPG.  Just point the Avalanche toward your destination, wait for the earth to shift on it's axis, walk to the other end, and you're there!
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06/29/08 04:22 PM »

That does suck, mine is gone too.
2007AVLT3

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07/03/08 05:07 AM »

I tried mine today and it moved part of the service records over.  Which really stinks.

Garmin Nuvi 700
Westin Bull Bar
Intimidatoruag

Tatertown Posse Member #5

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 07/03/08 05:22 AM »

I just checked mine ... it has both my vehicle on it but no service history for either vehicle ...
Denman
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

When all is said and done..more is said, then done

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 07/03/08 09:39 PM »

The site GM Mylink has now merged with Yahoo...what a stupid move there IT dept really dropped the ball...it must be the revenge of Microsoft for GM going with Yahoo.
« Last Edit: 07/03/08 09:57 PM by Denman » Logged

2007 Chevy Avalanche LT1 4X4, Sunroof, 4.10's, T-Rex Billet Grille, Silverstone Amber DRLS, Greystone Metallic Bug Deflector, Flowmaster 50, Molded Mud Deflectors, Directed Electronics Python 990 Security System, BDS 2 Billet Mirror inserts, Westin Sport Bumper guard.
TIETANIC

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 07/04/08 04:36 PM »

This REALLY gets me.  It took me a lot of time to get all that info in there.  They don't have a plan on when (or if) they will fix this.  I can't even get them to send it to me.

TIETANIC

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 09/14/08 03:48 PM »

Still nothing.  veryveryangry

ca2kjet

something secret steers us

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 09/14/08 04:59 PM »

Yea, mygmlink.com has become completely useless to me... all my important data is gone and doesn't work like the previous site did. I was keeping tabs on EVERYTHING with my truck and was proud of myself for that and then WHAM they lose it all. I have no trust in that site and I'll never use it ever again.

Black on Black - 2007 Avalanche 4x4 LT3 Z71
TIETANIC

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 02/08/11 03:58 PM »

Well, I got a free year of Onstar for it, but I would have rather had the info. 

Now there is the issue with myLink (Onstar / smartphone interaction) not working with some 2011 or any older model Onstar vehicles.  Again, GM is saying they are "working on it".  They have been saying this for months.  I am betting they are hoping it will go away again like the GMLink owner site issue.

Unless they are going to give me a huge discount for my Onstar subscription, why am I going to pay the same amount as people that can use the smartphone app with Onstar to get vehicle info?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: