• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

www.mygmlink.com

sdancisin

I got notice from GM yesterday that my Avalanche was registered with mygmlink.com. I tried a couple of weeks ago and it said my VIN was invalid. I sent them a message about it and they got back to me yesterday.  (and a coupon for a free oil change for my problems....).

No downloadable owners manual yet.... getting a 404 (page not found) on that page.

If one of the moderators/site admins want me to send them the Quick Guide and Navagation Guide. let me know and I will send them the pdfs.

I've had my Av registered with mygmlink.com for quite some time, and when I registered my GTO, it told me it could take a couple months for it to get into the "system". I checked earlier today, it's still not in, and it's been well over 2 months. I attributed the delay to the 0% for 72 they had going and all the sales resulting from that, but if they're throwing out free oil changes, I'm getting in contact with them tomorrow.

Thanks,
Mark

2007AVLT3 said:
I got notice from GM yesterday that my Avalanche was registered with mygmlink.com. I tried a couple of weeks ago and it said my VIN was invalid. I sent them a message about it and they got back to me yesterday.? (and a coupon for a free oil change for my problems....).

No downloadable owners manual yet.... getting a 404 (page not found) on that page.
Same thing here.? Since I'm military and want my home state plates I registered the Av using my parents' address.? And since I'm named after my father (got used to being called "Junior" by relatives all the time :p), I expect he'll enjoy the free oil change (GM has a habit of leaving off the ',Jr.' in the mailing address).? I'll have to be sure and tell him "Merry X-Mas" next time.? (/me being a cheap sob? >:D).

Send stuff to DOUGD..... thanks.

I contacted them, and I'm looking for my free oil change.  >:D I couldn't get the dealer to throw in the first one on the GTO. I didn't mention it until after the price was settled upon, and synthetic is expensive, so I decided to eat it. Let's see if GM eats it.  ;D

Mark

I'm just totally agrivated. 

I have been tracking everything on www.mygmlink.com since I bought my truck.  I tracked all the service done to it, as well as every time I waxed it, changed the wiper blades, and even the Avg MPG each season.  Then (for whatever reason) GM decided to ship this responsibility over to YAHOO.COM.  Fortunately, I already have a yahoo account, because if not, you would need to create one.  I finally get everything all set up, and the first thing I notice is you can no longer correct the current mileage.  It appears that it now comes from the monthly Onstar diagnostic.  For whatever reason, all of my VIN is now XXXXXXX except for the last four digits, but yet my personal information is all readily accessable to YAHOO without even bothering to ask me if this was OK.  The next thing I notice is that when you go to a GM dealer for service, it states that it will no longer automatically enter this information into your service history.  Fine.  A pain to have to enter it manually, but whatever.  I'll have to go to my insurance company's website when I am at a computer and want to know my complete VIN.

The next thing I notice is that ALL OF MY SERVICE HISTORY IS GONE.  ALL OF IT.  So I call up GM and they open a ticket.  I am assigned a long number by someone with a middle eastern accent so heavy, that I can barely understand what she is saying.  She tells me she will investigate and call me back in a week.  She calls me back and tells me to try again.  Still nothing.  So she calls me back a week later and tells me that they are still looking into the problem, but they are closing my ticket.  HUH?

So here it is three weeks later and I still can't access my service history.  And it is another case of "something that worked perfectly well, but had to be changed without being tested" over at GM.

Do you mean after this page

Good news, GM owner: You have a new GM Owner Center to experience.
      It's powered by Yahoo! and packed with enhanced functionality. And
to make the whole experience that much better, we'll even redirect
you there to register. What's more, if you login to the new site by
August 29, 2008, we'll carry over all your existing vehicle information
automatically. Ready? Set? Go.

Yeah,  they send you to a yahoo powered site, it shows my XM and Onstar subscriptions etc, but when you click on the service history tab it is empty.

The woman at GM told me that a lot of other people have called in about it and weren't too happy.

:E:  :E:  :E:  :E:

It took me a long time to get all that in there...  :needhug:

That does suck, mine is gone too.

I tried mine today and it moved part of the service records over.  Which really stinks.

The site GM Mylink has now merged with Yahoo...what a stupid move there IT dept really dropped the ball...it must be the revenge of Microsoft for GM going with Yahoo.

This REALLY gets me.  It took me a lot of time to get all that info in there.  They don't have a plan on when (or if) they will fix this.  I can't even get them to send it to me.

Yea, mygmlink.com has become completely useless to me... all my important data is gone and doesn't work like the previous site did. I was keeping tabs on EVERYTHING with my truck and was proud of myself for that and then WHAM they lose it all. I have no trust in that site and I'll never use it ever again.

Well, I got a free year of Onstar for it, but I would have rather had the info. 

Now there is the issue with myLink (Onstar / smartphone interaction) not working with some 2011 or any older model Onstar vehicles.  Again, GM is saying they are "working on it".  They have been saying this for months.  I am betting they are hoping it will go away again like the GMLink owner site issue.

Unless they are going to give me a huge discount for my Onstar subscription, why am I going to pay the same amount as people that can use the smartphone app with Onstar to get vehicle info?

Back