• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 EXT cluster on 07 Av

I wonder that too actually. The tail lights fit from the EXT, so if anyone has any insight as to if the gauge cluster fits that'd help. EXT cluster looks a lot classier...

Well who is going to take thiers out and then one out from a EXT to compare.  >:D

Sam

has anyone tried or heard anything about puting the new escalade cluster in the AV yet.  I really want to do this mod :cool:

If I'm not mistaken the EXT carries the six speed transmission, just like the rest of the cadillac SUV/Truck line. That being said the gear read out would be wrong since it's imbedded in the cluster.

Also has paddle manual shift which reads the gear selection in that big display in the middle of the cluster. Obviously much different from the AV.

There are like two or three similar threads about installing an EXT gauge cluster that seem to be going nowhere. Has anyone done this yet? I am interesting in doing it because of the much nicer DIC display, but all of the blue lights and chrome background seems like it would clash with the rest of the interior... also the escalade cluster is missing two gauges compared to the avy... having said that has anyone done this mod?

You can get the EXT overlay and change the needles. That should give you the look you want.

After looking at it, I think you are correct, ohiobellboy... if the needles are changed to red ones it will look chevy OEM enough. I am still not sure if I want to give up my oil pressure gauge though... the DIC screen definitely looks nicer, but do you get to display more information on one screen: I mean like ave fuel economy and instant at the same time?

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 475
ohiobellboy said:
You can get the EXT overlay and change the needles. That should give you the look you want.

Where can you get that? I really like the blue needles.

After looking around my interior I realized there is really nothing the blue needles will clash with, in fact they match the whole navigation screen scheme, the only thing that comes out slightly mismatched is the dual climate control LED screen, which has green pixels, but I think I could live with that.... Yeah, I am interested in trying this mod out. Does anyone have a part number for this? I am probably going to do "gmpartsdirect" order together with EXT taillights, and the GM bedrug, unless anyone has a better place to recommend, as I have not heard many good things about gmpartsdirect.

Also, I just realized that the Cadillac EXT cluster mod will increase my top speed by 40 MPH!!!!

WhoAteMySoup said:
Also, I just realized that the Cadillac EXT cluster mod will increase my top speed by 40 MPH!!!!
  :laugh: I need to modify a Vette cluster to fit mine then.  >:D

ohiobellboy said:
Get ahold of these guys.
http://home.comcast.net/~digital_dash_solutions/
Sweet, thanks for the link. I just emailed them.... looks like the perfect place for purchasing a GM instrument cluster... I will update the thread with the progress.

So I got an answer regarding EXT cluster plug and play ability in an 09+ Avy (that's when the 6-speed was introduced): it is not compatible, basically there is a compatibility issue with onstar service, and as a result after installing an EXT cluster whenever you engage 4-wheel drive an automatic roadside assistance call is placed from your vehicle. In addition to the above whenever the Navy units detects that the vehicle has left a paved road the transmission immediately shifts to "reverse"... sounds like it's a no go...
:laugh: Seriosly though, the sales guy has not really explained why the EXT cluster won't work, I am guessing it is due to a speedometer, and if that is the case, I am sure a small amount of jerry-rigging would fix that up nicely.

hard to see but if you zoom it you can see the cluster is different the lcd screen is right in the center i am going to be dooin this mod from what i have researched its just a plug and play with only having to change the harness if its a silverado not real sure about tahoe or ave but it has been done the only programming will be the miles and hours from your current truck you can also see a guy on you tube has install it on a suburban

luis88 said:
hard to see but if you zoom it you can see the cluster is different the lcd screen is right in the center i am going to be dooin this mod from what i have researched its just a plug and play with only having to change the harness if its a silverado not real sure about tahoe or ave but it has been done the only programming will be the miles and hours from your current truck you can also see a guy on you tube has install it on a suburban

reviving an old thread..

I know you did the entire interior, but what was involved with this swap in particular?  Just have to get it programmed or were there more issues?

Back