Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/28/14 11:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to replace u joints  (Read 853 times)
cindyzaka

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 10/17/06 08:01 PM »

my truck makes a cluncking noise in reverse and driving

cindyzaka
DougD
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

So, didja?

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/17/06 08:04 PM »

Based on some of your posts, I'd suggest you find a reputable mechanic for it.

The process isn't that difficult, remove driveshaft, press out old joints, install new, reinstall shaft.  You could always remove the shaft and take it for the work as well.

2003 Victory Red WBH Z66.  Suburban moldings.  Color-matched handles.  K&N FIPK-II.  Dynomax Cat-Back.  DVD/TV & Vizualogics.  Ambers.  Silverstars Hi, Lo & Fog.  Police Pursuit wipers.  Dually rear clearance light (still in the box).
Mdz66

I love my 1st and only Z-66 Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/17/06 08:18 PM »

I replaced both u-joints on my Z-66 at 30,000 miles as I was replacing the rear transmission seal.   Mine was not clunking but with them replaced I noticed a much smoother ride at higher speeds.  If they are clunking they are way bad and need imediate attention.   $25 a piece and 1 hour.

02 Forest Green Z-66, Medium Cloth, Grille Gaurd, K&N Cold Air Kit, Gibson Stainless Sport Truck Cat-Back, Tube Side Steps, Silver Stars , Full-Time Amber Drls, 10In Flip Down Monitor, Bose Dvd, Green Underbody Kit, Functional Ram Air Hood, Forest, Green Bowtie, Billet Grill, Mountain Decal In Back Window,  Red Brake Calipers, Aux Tranny Cooler, D&S Rotors
cadboy1
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/13/07 02:17 PM »

Mine seem to be clunking. Finally some nice weather and had window open a little and noticed the clunk getting in gear. I don't remember hearing it before. Now I have something else to do this week beside the other front hub bearing I was going to change Cheesy

04 AV 2500
01 Olds Aurora 4.0
07 Trailblazer SS AWD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: