• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Explanation of a Dealers Invoice

Tahoe Fox

? ? ?I've spoken to many folks who've had questions about what certain numbers mean on a Dealers Invoice from the factory.? Hopefully this will help folks out now and in the future.? (ps, thanx dbs0026 for allowing me to use the invoice from the Av you're looking to buy.? (y) )

index.php

1:? If you get GMS pricing, you pay this number, plus any applicable taxes, dmv fees, etc. THEN subtract any rebates, gm card earnings from your total.

2:? If you get GM Supplier pricing, you pay this number, plus any applicable taxes, dmv fees, etc. THEN subtract any rebates, gm card earnings from your total.

3:? Although this says MSRP, that is only the base MSRP BEFORE any addtional options like sunroof, nav, step rails, etc.

4:? Although this says Invoice, that is only the base Invoice BEFORE any addtional options like sunroof, nav, step rails, etc.

5:? This date is when the vehicle originally belonged to that dealership, ie how "old" it is.? Sometimes the factory will give additional incentives if this date is >90 or 180 days old.? Some folks may not want a unit that's been sitting on the lot collecting dust, others feel they can get a better deal on it since the dealer is probably tired of paying the flooring on an old stock unit.? This date will give you that information.

6:? The dealership name down here shows who the vehicle was originally intended for.? If they dealer traded to get this vehicle on the lot, you'll see a different dealerships name written here.

index.php

7:? This is the true Invoice amount, factoring in any added features the vehicle may have.? Generally when negotiating up from invoice, this is the number you would be looking at on this sheet.? (keep in mind, this particular vehicle had a two page invoice, most do not, so don't always expect it.)? Dealers pay generally pay flooring based off of this amount.?

8:? This is the MSRP which would match the Monrone sticker on the vehicles window.? This is the Manufactured Suggested Retail Price, AFTER all the addon's have been factored in.? If you notice there's not NEAR the mark up in these things as there used to be.? GM's tried to minimize the profit margins between MSRP & Invoice making it more of a fair deal for the consumer and less headaches on the dealers when it comes to negotiations.

? ? ?Hopefully this helps everyone out and should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

... btw, for those who need me to pull a current rebate sheet for them, post your vin & your zip code here and i'll get them for ya.

- Holly
Finance Manager
@ a Chevy Dealer of course? ;)

Great lesson Professor Fox! There might be a future in one of our Higher Institutions of Learning for you. Thanks again!

cz3cqg said:
Great lesson Professor Fox! There might be a future in one of our Higher Institutions of Learning for you. Thanks again!

:laugh: would that require sobRiety?? >:D

thanx? :D? ... btw, for those who need me to pull a current rebate sheet for them, post your vin & your zip code here and i'll get them for ya.

*** fixed misspellings per Senior Chief Pumba Dean Flint4x4 ***

cz3cqg said:

Avalanche (Corvette) Fox said:
:laugh: would that require sobiety?? >:D?

it might require Typing 101 or basic proofreading your own text? :p

sorry, I couldn't help myself after the Higher Institutions of Learning comment

AV Fox, great post.

We try to help people and they are suspicious of our motives, I try to keep up with current discounts, rebates, pricing. It's up to the buyer to do the research, new buyers can learn more here than anyplace I can think of. We have dealers, employees and countless repeat GM customers with experience.

Thanks Holly!!  :yourock:  Perhaps this should be locked and made a sticky so it won't get lost in time.

AVid

AVid said:
Thanks Holly!!? :yourock:? Perhaps this should be locked and made a sticky so it won't get lost in time.

:laugh: would that require sobRiety?? >:D

thanx? :D? ... btw, for those who need me to pull a current rebate sheet for them, post your vin & your zip code here and i'll get them for ya.

*** fixed misspellings per Senior Chief Pumba Dean Flint4x4 ***

I agree with AVid,

Holly,

I'll delete my erroneous posts if you get this made this sticky. However I would like it to be known that Senior Chief Pumba Dean Flint4x4 graduated from Holly High School with honors. I'm unsure if that is an endorsement for our education system

oops, add this you typed to first post

... btw, for those who need me to pull a current rebate sheet for them, post your vin & your zip code here and i'll get them for ya.

Flint4x4 said:
I agree with AVid,

Holly,

I'll delete my erroneous posts if you get this made this sticky. However I would like it to be known that Senior Chief Pumba Dean Flint4x4 graduated from Holly High School with honors. I'm unsure if that is an endorsement for our education system

oops, add this you typed to first post

done... good idea  :D

Could you get the details for me please, on this truck?
3GNFK12377G142859
Thanks in advance.

msdinsp said:
Could you get the details for me please, on this truck?
3GNFK12377G142859
Thanks in advance.

did u want invoice/msrp or rebates?  if rebates, what zip?

GMS:    39683.65
SUPPLR:  41466.04
Invoice:  41839.40
MSRP:    45515.00

GM NORTH CENTRAL REGION 2007 RETAIL CONSUMER CASH/APR/DEALER CASH INCENTIVES $1,000

CHEVROLET & GMC BONUS CASH PROGRAM $1,000

the only way u'd get more than 2k is w/ gm card bonus $, military $, freshly graduated $, or some sort of cert gm would have sent out.

Holly
Does the GM Supplier Discount for Friends have a 500 dollar cash incentive for the AV along with the October Truck incentive and Dealer cash?

cz3cqg said:
Holly
Does the GM Supplier Discount for Friends have a 500 dollar cash incentive for the AV along with the October Truck incentive and Dealer cash?

when i do a vin incentive search that does NOT show up.  here's a print screen of it to show u:

Attachments

• rebate sheet.JPG
    rebate sheet.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,274
Hi Corvettre Fox,

Regarding your comment below on Dealer Invoice. ?Is is up to the dealer if the customer gets the GM card earnings subtracted from the GM Supplier pricing quote or is that GM corporate policy? ?My dealer said it wasn't allowed on a Supplier pricing. ?Did they 'rip' me? ?Thanks.

Your comment:

2: ?If you get GM Supplier pricing, you pay this number, plus any applicable taxes, dmv fees, etc. THEN subtract any rebates, gm card earnings from your total.

MrLucky said:
Hi Corvettre Fox,

Regarding your comment below on Dealer Invoice. ?Is is up to the dealer if the customer gets the GM card earnings subtracted from the GM Supplier pricing quote or is that GM corporate policy? ?My dealer said it wasn't allowed on a Supplier pricing. ?Did they 'rip' me? ?Thanks.

Your comment:

2: ?If you get GM Supplier pricing, you pay this number, plus any applicable taxes, dmv fees, etc. THEN subtract any rebates, gm card earnings from your total.

keep in mind, when it comes to gm card rebates, "ripping off a customer" benefits the dealer in absolutely NO way.  that money comes from gm, not the dealers pocket so we don't care either way.

if you have a regular gm card (ie any card EXCEPT the gm employees card), those monies can NOT be used in conjunction w/ any gms pricing.  the only way u can combine them is if u have a gm employee card.  since i work at a dealership, i get gms... since i buy so many gm vehicles i got a gm card.  i had to MAKE SURE it was the employee card or else i couldn't use it the next time i bought a car.  the employee card doesn't get as much reward points but something's better than nothing.

long story short... the dealer was right.

7:? This is the true Invoice amount, factoring in any added features the vehicle may have.? Generally when negotiating up from invoice, this is the number you would be looking at on this sheet.? (keep in mind, this particular vehicle had a two page invoice, most do not, so don't always expect it.)? Dealers pay generally pay flooring based off of this amount.?

So, from looking at this example, if I were to special order a new vehicle identical to this one, and I had no GMID cert, but the dealer was willing to sell it to me at invoice less rebates, the dealer still makes about $1,800 on it in the end?

"long story short... the dealer was right. "

Thanks for replying.  I figured  the dealer (fleet manager) was straight with me.  Appreciate your answer.

onyx_z71 said:
So, from looking at this example, if I were to special order a new vehicle identical to this one, and I had no GMID cert, but the dealer was willing to sell it to me at invoice less rebates, the dealer still makes about $1,800 on it in the end?

they'll make holdback, etc. but honestly, @ invoice minus rebates, imho, there's nothing wrong w/ that.  it's a very fair, upstanding deal.  no headaches for you and simple deal for them.  the salesguy only makes money on amounts OVER invoice so he'll get a "mini"... $100 - $200 depending on the dealers policy but for an easy deal, they'll take it all day long.

now if you could provide the tissue on a vehicle that would be interesting!

a term used in the distant past referring to the actual cost of the vehicle not invoice or invoice less HB but the net dealer cost. Typically only the dealership owner and select few actually knew the "real" cost. I'd expect it's still the same today.

luxy60 said:
a term used in the distant past referring to the actual cost of the vehicle not invoice or invoice less HB but the net dealer cost. Typically only the dealership owner and select few actually knew the "real" cost. I'd expect it's still the same today.

still the same... but just as elusive.  not a lot of dealers will take that kind of a car deal except in real special situations.  sides, profit's what makes the world turn round.  Sears, Macy's, Walmart, etc...  a little profit helps pay the light bill.

Back