• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where do you keep your flashlight?

Supermobile

SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2003
For me, the inside of the lid of the side storage areas of the Avalanche makes an ideal place to keep your flashlight.

View the maglight mod here

This also shows a small fire extinguisher which I have mounted in the second side storage lid.

The maglight mounting clips can be found in various places such as WalMart and Lowes - anyplace that sells maglights. They don't always have the clip though. And sometimes the clips are in packages of more than one maglight.

I am adding these pics as well as other pics and tips to my forthcoming "Mod Tips and Pics" section at the Av gear link you see in my sig block.

Larry Supermobile
CAFCNA Site Partner

Passenger side storage bin...

Attachments

• I CHNGE mag lite.1.jpg
    I CHNGE mag lite.1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 814
and a Black Chrome extinguisher in the Driver side

Attachments

• I CHNGE black chrome extinguisher.2.c.jpg
    I CHNGE black chrome extinguisher.2.c.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 811
Driver side door pocket...I have to have it in my hand when exiting my truck at times. Having to get out of the truck to get it might be too late.

Shayne

.......somewhere I cant find it when its dark out!  :E:

(Still never did the maglight mod)

WarWagon said:
Ditto, at least the 4-D Maglight, I keep the minimag with LED conversion in the glove box

Thats exactly what I do too!
But i don't have the LED conversion, I need to go pick up the bulbs for that. does it work as good as I would hope? Is it worth the money?

CodeBlueEMT said:
Driver side door pocket...I have to have it in my hand when exiting my truck at times. Having to get out of the truck to get it might be too late.

Shayne

I agree. I don't want to have to get out in the dark to get the light. I keep the large mag light in the drivers side tool box, and a small Surefire in the drivers door map pocket.

Has worked good so far.

Mike

where ever I put them down last, I really should do the maglight mod.
I do have a small flashlight in my console that I can find quick.

Driver side storage bin lid.

Todd

Driver side

Attachments

• MLite.jpg
    MLite.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 740
I took the easy way out.. :rolleyes:

`Didn't use the bed extender much, but the brackets were useful enough to keep mounted.

Attachments

• Flashlight_Mount.jpg
    Flashlight_Mount.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 739
I see some photos of mag lites mounted on lids. If you're willing to do the work, take if from me, (cop) spend the 70-100 bucks and buy a re-chargeable mag-lite with direct wire hook-up. They're super bright and last long. I would carry nothing else. The absolute toughest, brightest, and longest lasting lighting light you can buy.

sperry said:
I took the easy way out.. :rolleyes:

`Didn't use the bed extender much, but the brackets were useful enough to keep mounted.

That is unique. Hi Sperry.

I have mutiple flashlights however I am presently maglight challenged, this is just a quick sample of a few lights that may or not may not be in my truck, I always have a few lights and knives handy. You can direct any complaints about this photograph to Supermobile as he inspired me to share it with you all.  :p

Attachments

• flashlights.JPG
    flashlights.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 975
Standard maglite mod on the driver's side...  One of my first mods, and man was it scary drilling the holes into that lid!

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 675
vertabatt said:
Standard maglite mod on the driver's side...? One of my first mods, and man was it scary drilling the holes into that lid!

Was it as scary as losing the rake ?  :laugh:

Flint4x4 said:
Was it as scary as losing the rake ?? :laugh:

#1.  Its a hoe!

#2. I have never been so scared in my life... especially when I got dragged out in front of everyone to tell them I had too much frog and lost my hoe!

vertabatt said:
#1.? Its a hoe!

#2. I have never been so scared in my life... especially when I got dragged out in front of everyone to tell them I had too much frog and lost my hoe!

my mistake, the shovel & rake came later than the hoe  :laugh: 

if you want you can blame KY_Bob and myself for keeping you up late drinking,....

Back