• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Windows/locks inop from driver's panel

s_troop2

Hope y'all can help.

Here's the symptoms.

1. Power windows will not function using the driver's side controls but work with all the other door controls.

2. Power locks: same. Driver's side switch no worky, passenger does.

3. Driver's side power mirror works but passenger side won't.

4. Interior lights won't turn on/off for the driver's side door but will for all the other doors.

5. No more Accessory Delay.

6. Oh...No more automatic door lock/unlock when truck is put in/out of gear.

7. Keyless entry won't illuminate the exterior lights.

8. "Key in ignition chime" chimes even with the driver's door is closed.

I found a fuse in the panel by the door that I think controls that door "pad" with all the controls. It is a rather strange looking 25A fuse (metallic, silver boxy style) all the way in the back bottom of the panel. I tested it a multimeter and found that there was continuity, which I ASSumed says the fuse is okay. Hope, I'm wrong. Is there another fuse I should check?

What else besides a fuse "controls" all of that stuff? Is there a module somewhere??

Thanks for any help!

Ken
Big Island of Hawaii

There is a doror power relay under dash...

they have one for each door I think....

check it out and the rest of fuses...

s_troop2 said:
Sorry :E: It's an 03.

Will the owner's manual point out this door power relay?

There are no fuses specifically labelled "windows" or such.

No... this power relay is up under dash... check in our Tech center for possible posts with schematics...

good luck

gradyjim2016 said:
Where is the "tech" center ? Also, where are the relays under the dash, and how do you know which is for the drivers door? ???
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/board,221.0.html

Back