• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Garber GTG II Proposed Plan

rs72camaro

SM 2008
SM 2006
SM 2005
The time frame will be July Aug.? We are thinking of staring it at 4 in the afternoon untill we get bored.? Yes Tony and the dealership will let us play into the we hours of the morning.? In order for us to that we will have to get some on site offical Lift training.? That will be required to get around the OSHA regs.? ?>:D? ? Tony had already been working on sponsers for the event.? He is hoping to bring in at least 10 different sponsers.?

Tony told me all he wants us to do is show up and have a good time.? The romour of the large cash prize has changed to confirmed.? The amount has changed Tony has didnt tell me an exact amount but he want me to tell you all that is between $5k and $10k? ?:eek:? ?This will only be a member only prize!!!?

ok Jerry.? They are building a new hotel half way down US 17 from where you all stayed at.? If you remember where Wally world was.? The Hotel is going up right behind it.? Something I just found out is that Garber can get us discounts at the Holiday Inn which was across the street from the comfort inn.

As I get more info Ill pass it on.? If you have ideas, concerns, bitches or complaints please post up.

Joe

PS the on thing I forgot to mention is that they want at least 100+ trucks so they can clear the front lot

Thanks Joe, looking forward to it. Here's a couple cents worth of ideas.

A parking area designated for the GTG rather than just parking around the building and cramming a few into the covered service area would be nice.

Someone in charge of welcoming new and/or prospective members, making sure they get introduced and enrolled in the club if necessary.

rs72camaro said:
ok Jerry.? They are building a new hotel half way down US 17 from where you all stayed at.? If you remember where Wally world was.? The Hotel is going up right behind it.? Something I just found out is that Garber can get us discounts at the Holiday Inn which was across the street from the comfort inn.

As I get more info Ill pass it on.? If you have ideas, concerns, bitches or complaints please post up.

Joe

Thats what I'm talking about closer hotel and cash prizes. Joe and Garber ?:love: :love: :love:
Joe if anything I can do to help let me know. ?Jerry

That and a busy year.. This makes 4 Big GTGs I am going too

HUG R AV said:
ITS GONNNNAAAA? BEEEEEEE? HOOOOTTTTTTTTTT
I'll stand outside all day for a chance to win $5K. ?Hell, I do it now for a whole lot less.

HUG R AV said:
ITS GONNNNAAAA? BEEEEEEE? HOOOOTTTTTTTTTT

Thats one of the reasons of doing it in the evening the sun wont be as bad.  And with the 40 ft dia BIG A$$ fans inside the garage it wont be that bad.

rs72camaro said:
Thats one of the reasons of doing it in the evening the sun wont be as bad.? And with the 40 ft dia BIG A$$ fans inside the garage it wont be that bad.
Dont get me WRONG..  I am looking forward to it...  I can go next year as I wont be moving..  Well I hope not.. 

DaytonaZ71 said:
Thanks Joe, looking forward to it. Here's a couple cents worth of ideas.

A parking area designated for the GTG rather than just parking around the building and cramming a few into the covered service area would be nice.

Someone in charge of welcoming new and/or prospective members, making sure they get introduced and enrolled in the club if necessary.

They will clear out the front lot for us. ?Is thier anyone interested in being a greeter?

rs72camaro said:
They will clear out the front lot for us. ?Is thier anyone interested in being a greeter?
Sounds LIKE  YOU...    :wave:

How about this for an Idea.  100+ AV's do a drive through of the show room floor as we show up.  >:D  Ill call tony Monday. 

If I get enough time to clear my schedule... I'll be more than happy to help in anyway that I can.

Just let me know!

food for thought, since it's still early...

The more things to bring in the general public and generate sales for Garber the better IMO, having a group show up, eat their food and use their service bays without much real benefit to them might start to get old.

What is the possibility of doing a lot of the "light" modding before the actual show starts and set some of the heavier modding up as demonstrations with  some of the more experienced modders directing the demos. Medico's train horns, Racemans lowering and Lukas' strobe projects last year would have made excellent demos. This would help to educate spectators as well as enable the owner of the truck to spend some time enjoying the rest of what was going on instead of being stuck under their trucks.

Not certain how Garber would feel about this but a
"buildup" demonstration on an 07 Z71 would be cool,
the techs and/or a vendor could install a small lift, off road tire wheel package, gm approved exhaust, aux lighting and a few other of the things that were on display in the parts showroom.
(when it was done they could present it to the author of this idea  :kidding:)

oh-i enjoyed the Hawaiian Tropic bikini contest at Hot Rods and Harleys, how about something like that?

Gee... putting me in the group of experienced modders :eek:
You must have a low standard baseline :laugh:

Yes I've some modding, but I've also had help with some of the mods... Viper, Raceman, Enkei, IsStopher,Byron,  just to name a few who've guided me

All joking aside, more than willing to assist anyway that I can :cool:

you would not believe how low  :laugh:

I think i meant that a project like train horns is interesting to a large variety of people and it would be a good thing to have several experienced mambers do the install while someone explains what's going on to yo yos like me who would then feel more confident about trying it in their driveways.

DaytonaZ71 said:
... Medico's train horns, Racemans lowering and Lukas' strobe projects last year would have made excellent demos. ...
Don't forget Mo's BCM crash! :p ?:kidding:

DaytonaZ71 said:
food for thought, since it's still early...

The more things to bring in the general public and generate sales for Garber the better IMO, having a group show up, eat their food and use their service bays without much real benefit to them might start to get old.

What is the possibility of doing a lot of the "light" modding before the actual show starts and set some of the heavier modding up as demonstrations with? some of the more experienced modders directing the demos. Medico's train horns, Racemans lowering and Lukas' strobe projects last year would have made excellent demos. This would help to educate spectators as well as enable the owner of the truck to spend some time enjoying the rest of what was going on instead of being stuck under their trucks.

Not certain how Garber would feel about this but a
"buildup" demonstration on an 07 Z71 would be cool,
the techs and/or a vendor could install a small lift, off road tire wheel package, gm approved exhaust, aux lighting and a few other of the things that were on display in the parts showroom.
(when it was done they could present it to the author of this idea? :kidding:)

oh-i enjoyed the Hawaiian Tropic bikini contest at Hot Rods and Harleys, how about something like that?

Great idea TIM!!!!

DaytonaZ71 said:
you would not believe how low? :laugh:

I think i meant that a project like train horns is interesting to a large variety of people and it would be a good thing to have several experienced mambers do the install while someone explains what's going on to yo yos like me who would then feel more confident about trying it in their driveways.

You calling yourself a YoYo :laugh:

Let me pull your string :eek: :beating: :laugh:

Back