Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/01/14 04:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OBD2 Connector Getting No Power  (Read 2776 times)
ghostdawg

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« on: 11/25/06 10:43 PM »

I tried to scan my truck yesterday with a SnapOn, Solus and AutoXray scan tool and none of them are powering up when I connect them to my truck.  My truck is a 04 Avalanche Z71. I can connect them to other vehicles and they power up as they are supposed to.   Does anyone have any idea why the OBD2 port is not getting any power?
JJsnowking

401 CREW

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 11/25/06 10:54 PM »

do you have power at both cigarette lighters?  There was a local member with the same problem as you, and it ended up being one of the lighter fuses.

Just a thought.

Josh

P1SC, 3 core intercooler, 60# injectors, Alkycontrol meth kit, Dynatech Long tubes, Borla Catback, Victor Jr. intake manifold, Dr.X harness, Intake elbow, ported 90mm TB, Slowhawk 224/228 cam , Patriot Xtreme springs, Innovators West balancer, Slowhawk 2bar SD tune, dynojet wideband, Trannyman built tranny, 4:10 gears, Yukon duragrip, Yank PT 3200, 05 Efans, nelson harness.  26" drag radials.  525rwhp 475tq
KY_BOB

I loved my S.L.U.T.: Sport Luxury Utility Truck

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11/25/06 11:06 PM »

JJ is right.  They are notorious for blowing the fuse that powers the OBD and the lighter.

Gone but not forgotten...

02 Z-71  Vortech supercharged 3.12 pulley 10psi, 212/218 .558/.563 comp cam, LS6 valve springs, SMC meth injection, 42# injectors, Flex-a-lite Efans, 3"body lift, 33 12.50-17 procomp AT, 17x9 procomp wheels, AVIC-N2 NAV, 4.56 gears, 2500 stall converter, transgo HD2 shift kit, Vette servos, 80mm BBK throttle body, Edelbrock headers, custom exhaust, Cold Fusion nitrous, and too many more mods to list.

Tuned with HPTuners
8.86@77.87mph in the 1/8th
ghostdawg

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11/25/06 11:15 PM »

Thanks.  I will give it a try.  Anyone know what fuse specifically would be?  I am pretty sure the lighters are getting power but will check.
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11/25/06 11:39 PM »

Welcome! to the club

The DLC and cig lighter share a 15A fuse under the hood.
ghostdawg

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11/26/06 11:30 PM »

Thanks for the help so far.  You were right that the cig lighter fuse was blown.  I replaced it hoping the OBD2 port would finally be accessible.  However I plugged the different scanners in and it still doesnt seem to be getting power. The scanners basically say that the vehicle is not connected or is not responding.
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 11/26/06 11:38 PM »

The scanner says not connected? Does the scanner have a power source other than the truck? If it uses the trucks power is your key on when you are scanning?
ghostdawg

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 11/27/06 12:56 AM »

One of the scanners, the AutoXray 6000, it has a battery power source and is turned on and set to the correct input.  The Solus, in most cases just received power from the vehicles OBD2 however does have a power adapter which is plugged in to the power point and key is turned to on, just not started. The bullydog power pup uses the OBD2 power and doe snot have an option for external power source so it does not even turn on.
ItsStopher
CAFCNA Global Moderator

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 11/27/06 10:07 AM »

Pin  Wire Color  Circuit  Function
1          --              --       Not Used

2         PPL         1132    DLC Class 2 Serial Data

3          --               --      Not Used

4         BLK         1050    Ground

5      BLK/WHT    1851    Ground

6-15    --               --       Not Used

16      ORN           640    Battery Positive Voltage