• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

OBD2 Connector Getting No Power

ghostdawg

I tried to scan my truck yesterday with a SnapOn, Solus and AutoXray scan tool and none of them are powering up when I connect them to my truck.  My truck is a 04 Avalanche Z71. I can connect them to other vehicles and they power up as they are supposed to.  Does anyone have any idea why the OBD2 port is not getting any power?

do you have power at both cigarette lighters?  There was a local member with the same problem as you, and it ended up being one of the lighter fuses.

Just a thought.

Josh

Thanks.  I will give it a try.  Anyone know what fuse specifically would be?  I am pretty sure the lighters are getting power but will check.

:welcome: to the club

The DLC and cig lighter share a 15A fuse under the hood.

Thanks for the help so far.  You were right that the cig lighter fuse was blown.  I replaced it hoping the OBD2 port would finally be accessible.  However I plugged the different scanners in and it still doesnt seem to be getting power. The scanners basically say that the vehicle is not connected or is not responding.

The scanner says not connected? Does the scanner have a power source other than the truck? If it uses the trucks power is your key on when you are scanning?

One of the scanners, the AutoXray 6000, it has a battery power source and is turned on and set to the correct input.  The Solus, in most cases just received power from the vehicles OBD2 however does have a power adapter which is plugged in to the power point and key is turned to on, just not started. The bullydog power pup uses the OBD2 power and doe snot have an option for external power source so it does not even turn on.

Pin  Wire Color  Circuit  Function
1          --              --      Not Used

2        PPL        1132    DLC Class 2 Serial Data

3          --              --      Not Used

4        BLK        1050    Ground

5      BLK/WHT    1851    Ground

6-15    --              --      Not Used

16      ORN          640    Battery Positive Voltage

Attachments

• 04dlcpower.gif
    04dlcpower.gif
    74.3 KB · Views: 60