• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

No clock displayed on Navigation Radio

deepspace

I just picked up my 2007 Avalanche 4 days ago.  It has the navigation radio.  I set the clock on the radio right after I left the dealer's lot.  It displayed in the upper right hand corner.  At some point over the past few days the clock and the tab in the upper right corner disappeared.  There is no time display on any of the screens.  Everything else works fine.  Also, if I hit the MENU hard button, there is no clock tab there either.  I didn't see anything in the manual about the option to enable/disable the clock.  Any ideas on getting my time display back?

UPDATE:

Took it into the dealer today.  They are replacing the navigation radio.

Did you cycle through the menu til the clock feature came up???, strange one eh...

I have the nav radio ...  the button labeled "menu" has nothing to do with what you and I and anyone else would assume it should mean.  Use the "audio" button...  the screen should show the selections at the top and then the clock on the top right corner...

Turn the radio off and it should appear on the screen...

You're correct.  It is actually the audio button that cycles through AM/FM/XM/CD/AUX but the clock does not appear anymore.  It use to and the clock use to display when the radio was off.  But now there is no sign of the clock anywhere.  Very strange.

Do you have the BOSE sound system?  I noticed that on my new LTZ, the manual discusses soundfield presets (Jazz, Country,Rock, Etc) that are supposed to display on the audio page but only the TALK tab appears.  Nothing to do with your clock issue but might be part of a larger problem with the subpage references dropping off of the touchpanel template.  Your clock issue is mostlikely due to the loss of a serial join number losing it's relation to the touchpanel layout.  The serial join number refers to the GPS time which then is inserted on the panel in the three locations you mentioned.  I program and design touchpanels for a living and would like to get hold of the software to see where the problem lies.  The easiest way to fix it would either be a eprom firmware upgrade or just have the dealer get you a new unit.  I am scheduled to have the dealer look at mine next Tuesday, keep you posted...

I think all the non-Lux Bose units only have the "Talk" preset, regardless of what the manual says.  There was something similar with my 04 Silverado and its Bose system vs. the manual.  Not to mention that my LTZ's Bose is exactly as you have described yours, aux_man.

Of course if your dealership somehow manages to make "Jazz, Country, Rock.." available on yours, be sure to let us know.

Well the clock issue doesn't seem like anything I can fix on my own.  I am taking it to the dealer on Saturday.  Luckily the clocked worked when I first took delivery of the truck or else I may not have noticed anything wrong.

Well tonight the rear cam stopped working, seconds later the XM reportes a comms failure then the screen went blank...  Not a good omen (n)  What is a LUX BOSE?

aux_man said:
Well tonight the rear cam stopped working, seconds later the XM reportes a comms failure then the screen went blank...  Not a good omen (n)  What is a LUX BOSE?

That same thing happened to me.  I was only in the truck for a few miles.  Ran into the house, came back out, and it was working fine again.  It only happened once.  I passed it off to the near zero degree weather at the time.  Not only did the camera and XM stop working but so did the radio controls on the steering wheel.  I'm hoping I don't see that again.

aux_man said:
Well tonight the rear cam stopped working, seconds later the XM reportes a comms failure then the screen went blank...? Not a good omen (n)? What is a LUX BOSE?
The radios seem different this year, but it's something to do with the headunit and the amp, if I've read correctly.? There are a ton of topics for prior model years with more info about it.? But basically, GMC Denalis and Cadillac Escalades evidently get a "superior" version of Bose setup, called the Lux model.? Chevrolet seems to always have a step down, with less features (and worse sounds quality?).? What I do know is that the options available on the radios this year support the idea that GM still does it the same way they have in past models, despite the new headunits.  Example- there's supposedly an available center speaker in the Denalis and Escalades (top center of dash).

deepspace said:
I just picked up my 2007 Avalanche 4 days ago.  It has the navigation radio.  I set the clock on the radio right after I left the dealer's lot.  It displayed in the upper right hand corner.  At some point over the past few days the clock and the tab in the upper right corner disappeared.  There is no time display on any of the screens.  Everything else works fine.  Also, if I hit the MENU hard button, there is no clock tab there either.  I didn't see anything in the manual about the option to enable/disable the clock.  Any ideas on getting my time display back?

UPDATE:

Took it into the dealer today.  They are replacing the navigation radio.

So the dealer replaced the radio and the clock worked for a little while then disappeared again.  The only thing I did was put in a cd packed full of mp3's.  The only thing I can figure is that an mp3 disk with lots of songs some how messes up the clock.  If I remove the mp3 disk and cycle the power, the clock comes back.  I need to try some mp3 disks with less data to see if the same thing happens but since this happened with two different nav radios I am guessing they all have the same issue.  I'm surprised I haven't found anyone else who has run into the same problem.

I have only had my Avalanche for two weeks, but already had the Nav unit replaced because the volume knob was only working when it felt like it and the Audio button didn't work at all. I just got it back tonight and didn't realize till I got home that the rearview camera is no longer working...hopefully it's just turned off.

i have had thi sproblem with the nav head unit as well,  the clock will disapear for a few days and then reappear.

i havent had it checked or anything

Mine has yet to exhibit this problem.  Another poster thinks it may be related to playing MP3 CDs (maybe with too many songs).  Any chance you guys have been doing this? 

I haven't tried the MP3 playback yet, but am just getting to the point where I'm ready to create a favorite songs disc from our several hundred disc collection (getting tired of swapping discs with my 1 disc Nav / DVD RSE system).

Anyone figure out what is causing this? mine is doing this now

I have had my clock disappear about 3x since I have had it. I always came back and i have no explantion. There were no cd in the player at all..

Its a sw bug when using alot of mp3 and its a known problem!! If you update to new version of nav sw it should correct the issue as well as giving you a bigger clock symbol as well as quicker screen when using back up camera!!! Hope this helps everyone out!!! :wave:

The updated nav disc is 4.oc and can be bought off ebay sometimes for like 50 bucks! Thats what i did anyway! GM wanted 199.00 and was backordered

<<SOLVED>> The missing clock on Bose premium audio can be fixed by following this procedure!

Select the “Set Clock” function on the second screen.

https://youtu.be/Btlu6CBeJQs

This happened to me too!, I was so worried that I screwed something up, the link to the you tube video was a
great help, so glad to have my clock working again
  (y)

Back