• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Canadian Deconversion

pondfly

I know this question has been thrown around a couple of times but never really got an answer.  I have an 02 that originally came from up north and I'd like to see if the DCM can be reprogrammed to US settings.  The headlight issue is the biggest reason as the only override is to use the parking brake.

I am a volunteer Fireman in CT and I also own an 02 Canadian AV.  It was bugging me that I could not turn off the DRL at a fire scene - I kept blinding oncoming traffic.  So I spent many hours on line, under the hood and under the dash!!!!  I just replaced the photo "eye" that is way behind the radio with an infrared L.E.D.  ( about 3-4 bucks at Radio Shack)  It sounds easier than it is.  If you have the patience of a saint and small hands it can be done!!  It is such a great feeling when you do something that everyone else (dealers and GM) that can not be done.
  Good Luck 

Back