• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone with base WBH models?

utbigrod

Hey guys, my Av is a little over a month old and I'm now starting to realize all the cool things I'm missing  :E:  It's an '03 WBH and pretty much doesn't have a single factory option on it from what I can tell.  The things that are getting to me are...

1.  No auto climate control (sold my Accord that had this...what a nice feature)
2.  No roof rack
3.  No bucket seats with console
4.  No 6 dish cd changer

Anyone out there with the base model and what have you done as far as adding on mods to overcome the baseness (is that a word  :p )?

06 WBH

I dont have the auto climate (dont need it - Southeast Texas = automaticlly AC always)

Bench seat / with fold down center = Needed room for 6 anyway

cd changer - Use an mp3 with fm transmitter - 5000 + songs

I do have the roof rack,the painted wheel flares, and solid cargo covers (really base-ier models had the fabric tonneau cover ) when purchased new in Feb

added

20" GM wheels
06 suburban running boards
Bug shield and rain guards
Sport wing
New custom grill

in the works

Front painted bumper cover (xenon) and? Rear ss bumper
goodmark cowl induction hood
Custom dash and interior wood trim.
Coverking neoprene seat covers

Attachments

• grill3.jpg
    grill3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 704
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 707
Nice ride!  Where did you get your Burban running boards?  Do they bolt straight on or any mods to make them work?

utbigrod said:
Nice ride! Where did you get your Burban running boards? Do they bolt straight on or any mods to make them work?

They are a bolt-on.  Most Suburban items bolt right on as the Av is based on the Suburban.

got them on ebay.  They are a exact fit, the trick is to get the same year boards of a suburban/yukon XL.  I think the consensus was 02-04 = same and 05-06 =same bolts and hangers locations.  Check the salvage yards and custom shops also.  I paid $ 150 total with shipping.  The place was a custom shop that the dealer would send bubans/tukons to get painted boards and nerf bars.  The dealer would let the shop have them, which is odd since the dealer wants over $500 for them.

My '03 had no auto climate or roof rack. The roof rack I never wanted so that was good. I now have the auto climate and don't like it. I much prefer the manual dual control system I had on the '05. I would miss the console which I've had in all the Av's. ;)

You can change the center seat out for a center consol. Keep an eye out on this site or Ebay for someone selling them. As for  the 6 disk changer you can do alot better alot cheaper in the aftermarket department. All depends on what you want. Funny you mention roof rack. I wish I didnt have one but if I remove it I have those ugly holes and nuts to deal with.

Mine is a base '05, added CAI, exhaust, chrome steps, euro tails, sail panel lights, vent visors, hood deflector and billet grill.  Have halo lights to put in, and 20in rims to put on.  It came with the roof rack and tow option (reciever and trans cooler), SW package discount.

I have an 05 WBH 2WD.
Bench Cloth front seat
The only extras on it are Steering Wheel DIC controls, compass/temp mirror and a  Roof Rack.

Don't mean to  :jacked:

but how much did you pay for the chrome rims?  A buddy of mine wants to sell me his.  I am kinda reluctant, but after seeing yours, they look great.  They are the same style as yours.

Attachments

• chrome rims.jpg
    chrome rims.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 533
my 02 was a base truck
same features as yours

the bench seat is far more comfortable than the sport buckets....
the manual dual zone control works really well  I think
get a portable XM player... it'll take care of the music variety for you
In our 07.. we have the rear dvd which eliminates the 6 CD changer

I wouldn't be too tough on it... You've still got a lot of opportunity and  :cool: :cool: factor

BrianLee01 said:
Don't mean to :jacked:

but how much did you pay for the chrome rims? A buddy of mine wants to sell me his. I am kinda reluctant, but after seeing yours, they look great. They are the same style as yours.

I paid $1800 plus 200 shipping a year ago.  They were brand new with tires and TPMs already installed.  I got them off ebay.  Not a bad deal since new from dealer I heard was about $3500.  Alos I have seen some like them with the polished center caps with gold chevy logos.  They dont match as well as the all chrome center caps like mine. IMHO

My 05 WBH came with the stock single CD deck, steering wheel controls, climate control, no roof rack, and no buckets.

I found a number of Av, Silverado, & Tahoe consoles on Ebay for sale, so I figured I could always upgrade. I wonder what it's like installing all the rear AC & stereo.

The stock CD deck plays MP3 discs without a problem. I found that out in the dealer parking lot, moving all my stuff from my trade-in to the new Av, I popped an MP3 disc in the deck & it happened to be turned up a bit from the lot attendants who had washed it. The sales guy was a little surprised when Nickelback's version of Saturday Night came blaring out.

Climate control & steering wheel controls are definitely nice. They were both on my list of things to watch for in a new truck.

my Av is base...2wd no center console, analog ac controls, cloth seats, no foglights

My mods:
* OEM Foglight kits
* Aftermarket DoubleDin Nav with Back Up camera
* 24" wheels
* Nerf Bars
* Bvlgari clock (from the Escalade) in my cubby hole
* GM Tan leather seat covers

I am now happy with my AV after these mods!

mine is base as well

had factory single cd - now jve single cd but with sirius and dvd
no roof rack -  didnt care about it
cloth bench with flip down arm rest - seems bigger to me thatn with the console
ugly factory 16s - jumped to 22s
has the temp and compass on mirror

added a flowmaster for some sound
some billet up front
tinted the windows
and for poops and giggles 3 15in subs in the back

Mine's a base 2004 WBH. I added a GM reciever hitch and nerf bars. For some reason they built it with leather seats and a roof rack but otherwise it was a base model.

I have the base 1500 has roof rack center console.  I tinted windows added deflectors new stereo and wheels.  Only difference is manual climate control and no controls on wheel.

My '04 is a base as well!

No DIC
Manual temp control
No blinkers in the mirrors
No roof rack (don't care, will add later if I want to)
Single disk cd player
No steering wheel controls (really, really miss this from my Focus)
I like the cloth, bench seats

Love the truck, just miss some stuff others have. But I'm pretty sure I can add these in later. I know a guy on here is adding the steering wheel controls to his '04.

I think not having these things reminds me that I have a truck, not some super-luxury car. The damn thing rides like a luxury car, so I like having the stock interior.

scaled.php

BCmountaineer said:
Mine is stupidly loaded, and im jealous of yours...

I want a damn bench seat!  I just dont know what to do with the RSE, Rear AC, and sub under the center console.

Is "RSE" rear seat entertainment?---I call that "rear window removed and all windows down  (y) "

I dig the bench because it could fit 6 people now, and the seats are still bucket-style which is pretty cool.

Yes rse is rear seat entertainment.  Ive used it once, pretty sad. 
I have been thinking about doing the conversion but so much fabrication would be required.  Id have to find a place to stash the sub and rerout the ac and find a way for the rear seat to control and plug in to the dvd.

BCmountaineer said:
Yes rse is rear seat entertainment.  Ive used it once, pretty sad. 
I have been thinking about doing the conversion but so much fabrication would be required.  Id have to find a place to stash the sub and rerout the ac and find a way for the rear seat to control and plug in to the dvd.

The rse is impressive looking, but really how often would it be used?

Joelg1980 said:
The rse is impressive looking, but really how often would it be used?

I can answer that -> not often.  But i did not buy truck from factory, someone else thought it necesary.  It made some really crappy weather camping a good time though.  I have been wanting to bust out the ole NES for it lately.

BCmountaineer said:
I can answer that -> not often.  But i did not buy truck from factory, someone else thought it necesary.  It made some really crappy weather camping a good time though.  I have been wanting to bust out the ole NES for it lately.

Love, love, love the NES!

Back