• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Lobster Bake/ Pig Roast

BAT

After looking at the old pics, remembering how much fun I had, how much I missed not doing it last year and taking a brief "poll"...... lets get the planning started to do this again this year. I still have my client that did the pig and brought the lobsters so I can set a date with him to do it again. Obviously, the sooner we nail a date the better chance we have of him being available that day.
I'm leaning towards a full weekend again as it worked out very well at the first one. Roast/party all day Saturday and cruise on Sunday. If we have a higher demand I'm sure I can work a deal on hotels in the area.
I'll stick to the PP fee as that seemed to work the best. I'll be sure to have everything on hand so no one will need to bring anything, except for chairs and maybe a few tables. Obviously, the more dinner items on the menu the higher the prices. There'll be a flat price for the pig and a per lobster price. Not knowing what the market value will be until the date is closer, prices will vary. Once we have a good idea on about how many will determine the prices.
Lets start an attending list (I know, it's hard to commit now, but at least an "I will make my best effort to show) to see what we may expect.

1. BAT +2
2. WarWagon +4
3. lanche69 +1
4. Gadgetmason +1
5. bigbad4x4mama +3
6. TLWiz and his Brady bunch
7. OldVMer
8. TNAV +1
9. AVnHHR +3

I just spoke to my client that did the roasting last time.... he said "Let me know when and I'll be there to do it again".  :cool:

Lets try to get an idea on what weekend will work for the majority. I'll start a poll soon. I'm thinking mid to late July to early to mid August as a date range. Pretty much:
July 21-22
July 28-29
August 4-5
August 11-12

BAT said:
I just spoke to my client that did the roasting last time.... he said "Let me know when and I'll be there to do it again".? :cool:

Lets try to get an idea on what weekend will work for the majority. I'll start a poll soon. I'm thinking mid to late July to early to mid August as a date range. Pretty much:
July 21-22
July 28-29
August 4-5
August 11-12

JUly 21-22 out for me, motorcycle rally and I run the event.  :cool:

BAT said:
I just spoke to my client that did the roasting last time.... he said "Let me know when and I'll be there to do it again".  :cool:

July 21-22
July 28-29
August 4-5
August 11-12

July 28-29 would be good for us.  The August dates are when we'll be on vacation off to War

Soomeone say pig roast!  YUMMY

:E: to far north  :E:

Note to self: Buy winning lotto ticket!

BAT said:
Start saving NOW.... you have 6 months.? ?:D
Going to Nationals in SD.? Time frame is too close together.

Besides, dont want y'all to make fun of my accent!  :laugh:

Tango Chaser said:
Going to Nationals in SD.? Time frame is too close together.

Besides, dont want y'all to make fun of my accent!? :laugh:

Be that way then..... and we would pick on you for the way you talk.

July 28 & 29th would be good for us too. 

We still talk about FRED (the 10 # Lobster) that my daughter won.  Boy was he tasty!  >:D

Put us down for 2 + 2 kids. 

Cheryl

I would love to stop by (since I live up the street!!!  :D ) but I cannot commit right now.  You know me, with the new baby and all by then we might just be looking to get out and about!

My wife just commented the other day that a 3-day weekend would allow us to get to Newick's in Maine for lobster.  You've just upped the anti with lobster AND pig.  As Emeril would say, "Pork fat rules!."  We'll keep a close eye on this and the vacation schedules to see if we can make it.

You can make fun of my accent.  :rolleyes:

--OldVMer

Back